[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mega Burning items?

Comments

• BaronLovatBaronLovat
    Reactions: 595
    edited December 2016
    K so I went ahead and did something else.

Registered a BRAND NEW account.
    Created a character and burned it.
    Loaded into the game and nothing.

If it helps, I'm on Khaini.
    [Edit]
    Tested the exact same process on Reboot server: Results.
    Cryptic Package x1 [Only gave the snail]
    Reboot Potions x200
    Reboot Gift Package x1
    No quest, nothing else.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016

Neospector

When you burned your character, you received the following items at the beginning:
    • Lv. 30 Equipment Box: Contains level 30 equipment
    • Mysterious Cryptic Chest: Contains a snail pet
    • Legendary Cryptic Chest: Can only be opened at level 100, contains the Frozen set and two mastery books
    • Keep on Burning Title Coupon: Can only be used at level 130, double click to receive the title
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/19144/level-up-with-the-mega-burning-project-11-30-12-13

Unlike other burning events, you must open the Legendary Cryptic Chest at or above level 100 to receive your Frozen set.
    Nope, never got the boxes in the first place, please try to understand what your players are trying to say before commenting, because it kinda hurts MY feelings at the very least and is a bit annoying at the same time.
    I'm sorry if you feel that way, but with burning events in the past I've dealt with people who did not even realize they've burned their characters at all. Personally I always found it astonishing how actively people have to ignore what they're doing for that kind of thing to happen, but it does.

I forwarded the issue about not getting the boxes, although as I've said elsewhere I cannot replicate it myself. The people being jerks and yelling about it instead of actually filing bug reports don't help much either, to be frank. It would be helpful, for example, if instead of complaining about Nexon not getting it right the first time, people followed the bug reporting guidelines like this guy did. Preferably in a single, organized thread to simplify things, if at all possible.
  • BaronLovatBaronLovat
    Reactions: 595
    edited December 2016
    Alright, I'll go submit an additional report then, and I'd ask everyone who's posted here to do the same then.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6087/burning-event-issues
    I attached a poll so that you can 'check in' that you're having an issue.

[PS, Don't call community members names as a mod (like jerks for example), that just looks bad, even if they are being rude, ignore it]
  • ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

Neospector

When you burned your character, you received the following items at the beginning:
    • Lv. 30 Equipment Box: Contains level 30 equipment
    • Mysterious Cryptic Chest: Contains a snail pet
    • Legendary Cryptic Chest: Can only be opened at level 100, contains the Frozen set and two mastery books
    • Keep on Burning Title Coupon: Can only be used at level 130, double click to receive the title
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/19144/level-up-with-the-mega-burning-project-11-30-12-13

Unlike other burning events, you must open the Legendary Cryptic Chest at or above level 100 to receive your Frozen set.
    Nope, never got the boxes in the first place, please try to understand what your players are trying to say before commenting, because it kinda hurts MY feelings at the very least and is a bit annoying at the same time.
    I'm sorry if you feel that way, but with burning events in the past I've dealt with people who did not even realize they've burned their characters at all. Personally I always found it astonishing how actively people have to ignore what they're doing for that kind of thing to happen, but it does.

I forwarded the issue about not getting the boxes, although as I've said elsewhere I cannot replicate it myself. The people being jerks and yelling about it instead of actually filing bug reports don't help much either, to be frank. It would be helpful, for example, if instead of complaining about Nexon not getting it right the first time, people followed the bug reporting guidelines like this guy did. Preferably in a single, organized thread to simplify things, if at all possible.
    Way ahead of you, already filed a ticket long before commenting on the forum. Like a lot of other players have mentioned in similar threads, if only Nexon can do a better job at managing and organizing the game system so a huge mess like would not happen to interrupt every single big event the players are supposed to enjoy, then I guess there won't be "people being jerks and yelling about it instead of actually filing bug reports", wouldn't it? Yea sure we can follow guidelines and submit reports properly to make you guys REALIZE THE PROBLEM DOES EXIST AND TO PROVE that WE (YOUR VALUABLE PLAYERS) ARE NOT CRAZY LIARS, but it comes down to the fact that Nexon (the company you work with) has made plenty of huge screw ups so far now ergo submitting a proper report almost seems secondary or not the most important thing, to be honest.

Small issues, like missing one cash item from inventory, fine, let's go submit a proper report first so tech can have a look, but such big issue affecting so many players already (looking at the number of similar threads/comments about this burning event issue) on such large scale, making players unable to level up smoothly by equipping the Frozen Set constantly all the way up to level 200, is not a small issue at all and Nexon should have spot it in the first place already, not waiting for some bug reports... seriously.

P.S. But I guess it comes down to whether you along with your company actually care about us players or not, Neospector. I mean, you would not even try to be offensive or trying to upset your players if you actually care, it makes your first few words of apology seem really hallow and/or empty, unfortunately.
  • shenatoshenato
    Reactions: 910
    edited December 2016
    not only have i not recived my burning items (now almost lvl 70) i also didnt recive the items for sharing the news updates, the ones you needed the point for, the chair and pet and all that stuff
  • ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited December 2016
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BytKz9S1XMevd3A1U0Q5QzNvaXM/view

this is the kind of response I got from the LIVE Chat with regards to this issue

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BytKz9S1XMevS2pZV1BJWTB2Ync/view

yup, a gm just got emotional and decided to just cut me off
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Oh, snap, I actually got the rewards now lol. AND the dragon link skill is showing up properly on my kaiser. Was a little surprised that they actually pulled through for existing characters.