[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Old Luminous light/dark system

AraraunaArarauna
Reactions: 810
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I haven't played Maplestory for about a year or two, and i decided to come back. I Started a new Luminous character in the EU Server and it bothered me for a while now, but why is there a new light/dark system for Luminous? the old one was better and you weren't forced to switch from light to dark and vise versa, that's making training and leveling up much slower.

If we can get the old light/dark system for luminous back, that will be very great.
  1. Do you want the old Light\Dark system back for Luminous?21 votes
    1. Yes
       48% (10 votes)
    2. No
       52% (11 votes)

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2016
    Idk it's not just luminous that has changes if u look at kaiser it's even worse the dragon link skill is much harder now than before.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited December 2016
    It's actually not new system. KMS always has this one. I actually love how often we can go into Equilibrium mode, I am making one for V-Tracker and now Lv201. At Lv150, you get an hyper which you can fall in equilibrium if you don't want be in Dark mode. If you want charge even faster in dark mode, use Pressure Void.
    DeeMonSkyTheDestroyer
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    This current light/dark system Luminous has makes it so you can't stand in one place and spam Reflection forever. You have to actually, *GASP*, learn to use light and dark skills, much the way the class was intended!

Plus you get a whole lot more time in Equilibrium, which is fantastic for bossing.
    UzumeSkyTheDestroyerDough
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    I made a post about this when it first came out...so supported :P
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    it's not changing back, the change happened cause the 5th job skills were balanced around what KMS's lumi had including Luminus's new 5th job skill which only good if you get into equilib state often.

on the brighter side bossing is much better
  • Evan_Von_GustavEvan_Von_Gustav
    Reactions: 620
    edited December 2016
    Catooolooo

it's not changing back, the change happened cause the 5th job skills were balanced around what KMS's lumi had including Luminus's new 5th job skill which only good if you get into equilib state often.

This. sentiment-wise at least.
    But the assumption that this happened because of his new 5th job skill being only good if you get into equilib state often?
    The CLASS is only good if you get into Equlib state often.
    The class has been around for around four years, and the fact is, that they only changed it in the last few months.
    It was always at the bottom of the bossing dps barrel.

I mean, its harder to train, but unless you're training it to be a mule, (which you'd only be able to spam Reflection for 20 levels, anyway >_>), there's no point in reaching the destination more quickly if you're not prepared for what lies there.
    In short, its a bit harder to train, sure.
    But Luminous was so weak at bossing, that it didn't really matter how quickly he got to endgame. He'd probably waste more time/energy funding to reach the same bossing capabilities as the #20 guy on the DPS charts.
    He was so easy to train, but was laughably bad at bosses.

Not to mention every single buff he'd gotten since release was focused on nothing but filling the equilibrium gauge more quickly, so he spent less time in Eclipse or Sunfire.
    They didn't apply to GMS lumi because of the 5 minute cooldown on his Change Light/Dark. Not to mention he started off worse than KMS lumi to begin with, since at release, KMS Lumi spent are 30 seconds in Sunfire or Eclipse, but GMS lumi spent 300
    Luminous only takes around 15-20 seconds of spammage to switch states iirc.
    He just got 4 years of buffs all at once.
    And besides that, there are classes with worse mobbing skills than Apocalypse.
    Reflection spam was OP.
    Apocalypse is/was average at worst.
    The only reason people never Apocalypse was because Reflection was better at it.

And a gentle reminder:
    Equilibrium boosts Light and Dark moves as well as Equilibrium moves to my knowledge.
    Heck, it boosts them twice as much as Sunfire or Eclipse would.
    If spamming reflection is better than Death Scythe, then do that.
    If spamming death scythe at mobbing is better, than do that during equilibrium, and only use reflection during Sunfire.
    Either way

TLDR: stop whining, please.
    The changes benefit the players who actually intend to use the character as something more than a mule.
    It may not be a hole in one anymore, but the mobbing is still par for the course, and now Luminous's bossing isn't a triple Bogey either.
    I only wish they came before the Heroes of Maple packages ended.
    There would be people who actually mained lumi at the time, and I could find a Lumi main dressed like the HoM lumi in Bera...
    I found a Shade, an Aran or three, a Phantom, I'm an Evan, but the only ones I couldn't seem to come across are Mercedes and Luminous.
    Noon played luminous seriously because they sucked at bossing, and Mercs were hard to fund and didn't quite have enough Hits per sec to justify it
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    Evan_Von_Gustav

Catooolooo

This. sentiment-wise at least.
    But the assumption that this happened because of his new 5th job skill being only good if you get into equilib state often?
    The CLASS is only good if you get into Equlib state often.
    I know the class is great if you enter equilib often, but the change did happen because of 5th job because, ever since release in KMS it has been this "New" way yet, everywhere else had the non-KMS version of lumi and were going to continue using those versions, that is, until 5th job advancement came into play, and they realized that they would have to make all sorts of changes for the cores based around a different play style for the same class and decided instead to just change the non- KMS versions to how they should have been released.

the only thing I dont like is having lost a boost for both dark and light skills.