[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

5th Job Complaint

Comments

• genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2016
    PhoenixKumo

It's like when I'm at a restaurant and I order my favorite food. The wait time makes it all the better when I finally get it, you dig?
    Kek. 1 skill job nodestone. Waow i dig.
    Cheesepie
    Cheesepie said:

cry me a river, if you cant wait 1 day to get 5th job. Like its not a race enjoy the fact that Nexon didnt f up the patch with bugs and extended maintance.
    The time is not the issue. It's bad game design. There is no justification for 22 hours of wait to get 5th job, when the 8 hour cd between stones could be 7 hours, or 6, 5 , 4. Or something much tedious, but can be completed within an hour.

Nexon did screw up with the patch. When they extended the maintenance of V patch by over half a day. There was no further maintenance for 5th job advancement because 90% of the content was probably already implemented and tested bar Chu Chu Island + further content.
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited December 2016
    Hmm don't really see a problem if you have a job,hobby,netflix,school,guild to do other things like bossing etc etc.

But it is kinda borderline ridiculous to have to do a quest that's main focus is waiting, heck latales 4th job quest takes 6 hours to complete and you get freaking cash shop items tradeable mind you for each part of the quest and you get your new job skill hype that is properly done job advancement.
  • BumbeeBumbee
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    I just have a question..
    Do we have to fill up the Arcane Stones every time we activate them?
    Is there some sort of penalty for not filling up the stone?
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Bumbee
    Bumbee said:

I just have a question..
    Do we have to fill up the Arcane Stones every time we activate them?
    Is there some sort of penalty for not filling up the stone?
    Nope, as long as you have at least 1 exp in a stone, you should be set iirc. You should fill them up though. You get an EXP potion for each stone based on how much EXP you gave them.
    Bumbee
  • MoonliteMoonlite
    Reactions: 465
    edited December 2016
    The impatience of people, lol. I get it, in a game full of instant gratification and catering to children with ADHD, having to wait for something is totally unheard of and ludicrous. But luckily, you're an adult who has a job and has things to do anyways, right? It's not a race. Chill out, level your Herb/Alchemy, do a questline you haven't done before, go outside and do some yard work or something. Not a big deal, you can do whatever you want in-game or IRL during the wait time.

Besides, who cares if you have 5th job yet? You can't even kill anything with the lag going around. Most of us can't have any fun with our V skills yet because it takes 70 seconds to kill something before we immediately get booted and get hit with "The 'hack' reason".
    Lair
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2016
    Moonlite
    Moonlite said:

The impatience of people, lol. I get it, in a game full of instant gratification and catering to children with ADHD, having to wait for something is totally unheard of and ludicrous.
    This is so true. 90% of maplers are actually autists, that's why in the latest KMS update, the time to get 5th job is actually reduced. smh, people just have no patience.
    Lair
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016

A few negative issues I have with the 5th job update:

1: No direction? I found myself fully immersing myself into the quest-line because I was generally excited about the update. Seemed simple enough of a quest to do. Make sure the TOT (Temple Of Time) quests are finished, talk to the Memory Keeper, talk to the three Maple Warriors (Henesys/Pantheon/Deserted Camp). Once I hit the Deserted Camp, there was a test given to me, in which I had to locate the 5th job portal randomly throughout the top of the World Tree. The Maple Warrior did not mention where it was, she only said it would be randomly at the top or near it. Me, never having been in the World Tree, found myself going to every map in the place, with a five minute time limit, trying to find the portal. I go to the very top, and it won't let me enter, it said 'You need to complete the Maple Heroes Quests to enter here'. Naturally, I go "Okay, I need to do this quest-line first, no big deal." Four hours later...I am done with the quest-line. I finally restart the quest in search of the portal, and enter the very top map, only to find out I'm VSING DAMIEN. Then one of my friends online casually says "Yeah you just go to one of the top three maps near the top." Sure enough, I find it even know I did it before and saw nothing. That was one headache, and extremely minor compared to what came next...

2: 30 hours of waiting to obtain 5th job?

I just...how do you even...

Well it's apparent that Nexon caters to children in my eyes now, as they're the only ones with this kind of time on their hands. Literally, after you get the three stones from each Maple Warrior, you have to go back to the Memory Keeper. For me, at this point I was excited because I thought it was the end. WRONG!!! Turns out, he tells you, that you have to double click one of the stones, which enables a Two hour period of filling an EXP gauge. So I double click the stone, and I spend about an hour filling the gauge with 500,000,000 experience which is the amount required. Once I had 57 minutes left on the gauge, I simply had to wait 57 minutes for it to stop, so I could use the next stone. Frustrating, right? Guess what? It gets more stupid. AFTER waiting the remainder of the Two hours in my gauge, I try to use the next stone to fill up...THESE STONES HAVE A COOL-DOWN PERIOD OF EIGHT (8) HOURS!!! So that's 10 hours in total, for each stone...Seriously Nexon? Some people don't have 30 hours to play all the time you know...

So basically I have to spend 26 hours doing the thing I've been doing for 5 years anyways because the game's been boring: AFKing...Just to get 5th job...

GG Nexon

A pissed off yet still somehow blindly loyal servant of your game that you stole from Wizet.

Sincerely yours
    P.S

you~
    are u trying to be dumb? or something.

first problem your math is wrong.

8x2 and 3x2.... for your info thats 22 hours and 22 hours is nothing.. and also why do u complain about something so simple? are you that stupid?
  • RoytonRoyton
    Reactions: 710
    edited December 2016
    Oh boy, you waited 2 hours to get something in a video game??
    Let me tell you about a friend called Warframe my dude!
  • XpShiftzXpShiftz
    Reactions: 1,040
    edited December 2016
    Admittedly the wait time is long and terrible like 8 hours is ridiculous
    but it does kinda remind me of the old Job advancements of the explorer classes in a way. Only because this time around we had to hunt monsters for two hours straight (Or until like 50,000,000 exp). And had to actually do something to advance rather than just getting the advancement it was a nice change of pace. Than the instant job advance.

But 22 hours is still ridiculous I mean reducing it down to 6 would be better.
  • ChuChuRuChuChuRu
    Reactions: 440
    edited April 2017
    Third Job used to be a pain back in the day too when you needed the dark crystals, and that was only for level 70.

As a European, EMS was more challenging than GMS, KMS don't even have 2x coupons.
    You GMS people don't need to be teaspoon fed everything.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Source: https://orangemushroom.net/2016/12/15/kmst-ver-1-2-043-new-5th-job-skills/

The 5th job advancement quests have been modified.

The waiting time in between activating another Arcane Stone has been decreased from 8 hours to 4 hours.
    After clearing the “5th Job: Record of Strength, Awakening of Strength” quest, you will receive additional rewards: 5 Core Gemstones.
    Characters who have already completed the quest will be able to get these additional rewards by accepting the “Record Keeper’s Gift” quest between December 22 and February 22.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    ChuChuRu wrote: »
    Third Job used to be a pain back in the day too when you needed the dark crystals, and that was only for level 70.

As a European, EMS was more challenging than GMS, KMS don't even have 2x coupons.
    You GMS people don't need to be teaspoon fed everything.

I play EMS GMS and KMS... but no post 5th job is ridiculous enough as it is and the quest itself isn't exactly easy anyway if you go in to it fresh at level 200 unfunded as the mobs you have to go through are way higher level than you in the world tree. Even without the waiting time you aren't "spoon fed"

@Sorrow that's still waiting time where there shouldn't be any as they make the other ones instant for some jobs.. Yes it's 5th job but still it's not like you gain much from just completing the actual quest itself..