[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

boss unlocking quests/tyrant gear

BlaxtarBlaxtar
Reactions: 860
edited December 2016 in General Chat
so,uh...I am lv 160 now(reboot xenon) and I still don't know where to find the quests that unlock von Leon and Gollux. that's pretty much it on the subject. I looked at the quest tracker and the lightbulb on the left of the screen but there not there. usually there is just a quest,you accept and you unlock it. also on unlocking bosses where do I get a gnarled wooden key?i got the quest to beat all 4 'seal masters' which by elimination of what I need for the first one,all 4 need said key now, apart from finding bosses now what bosses(?) give. I was doing easy magnus and he dropped some shoes. very good ones at that and I saw they had extra upgrade stats(but cost WAY more. nexon your killing me by not getting that cash item movement event -.-')I looked into the set and they seem good but have a long questline to slowly get to the area where you need like 200 coins per item to get the set. is it worth it or am I near something that will over tier it? and don't say google it as everything is outdated.

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    you must be really new, so I'll try to break this down very simply in order that I see them in your statment

Von Leon prequest starts at Lion King Castle which is in the mountaints of El Nath

Gollux prequest, in order to start it you have to go to Crimson heart in the Dimensional mirror

gnarled wooden keys can be bought from one of the NPC's in the RootAbyss area (the one on the left side), and once you have cleared the RootAbyss story you will be given 5 free keys (can be found in light bulb to the left) daily

I say do the whole Magnus questline cause you may eventually be in a position where you know someone that will be able to carry you through the boss run to allow you to get coins and capes or may be in a bossing guild that can help you tackle Hard Magnus. The Tyrant equips are still really good.
  • BlaxtarBlaxtar
    Reactions: 860
    edited December 2016
    heh. thank you. I just never really got into the game and farmed a ton of stuff. quick examples of course are bosses that I unlocked/can unlock. plus my best character was lv 121 so I have an excuse for a majority of the bosses. burning was a 2 day rush so I never looked through stuff I was unlocking.