[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

so when did they decide to remove alt codes...

JointJoint
Reactions: 1,205
edited November 2019 in General Chat
in the ign names? Meaning I am unable to use ï or ì in my ign? I can understand that maybe Nexon didn't want anyone to use non real letters in there igns but to have it replaced with ? is just messed up. What they should have done was given us the option to change the ign to something else that is not going to look ugly. Yes, you can say this is my fault for using alt codes in the ign in the first place, but seeing as this was allowed before and many other players have done it too I don't think it was necessary to just replace everything with ? instead. Luckyly I have only a few characters with symbol alt codes in there igns, but I just think this is just silly that Nexon decided to implement this change in there system with out any notice about it happening. If there was a notice please point me to it as I tried googling about it and couldn't find anything on it. Even if there was a notice ahead of time they still should have given the option of a free ign change instead of just messing up the character names like that.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Nothing has changed in the game.
    I see people with accented IGNs in game right now.
    You might have changed your Windows locale settings to a language that doesn't show these characters.
  • JointJoint
    edited November 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    You might have changed your Windows locale settings to a language that doesn't show these characters.

Hmm maybe i guess but i don't remember doing that anytime soon. Ill check and see though if that's the case.
  • JointJoint
    edited November 2019
    Joint wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »

Hmm maybe i guess but i don't remember doing that anytime soon. Ill check and see though if that's the case.

Ok wow that's just weird I checked and it was changed to another language. I never had touched my settings recently so no clue how that happened. Regardless though the problem is fixed. Topic can be closed/deleted now. My apologies for the little outburst.
This discussion has been closed.