[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Long post from someone trying to get back.

NhigaradeNhigarade
Reactions: 300
edited November 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
For years and years now, please encourage more party play. It's an MMORPG.
Monster spawn rate increased by number of players on the map. 25% per player.
Level 50-100 monsters have reduced health. The 10-15 levels before job advancements are pretty toxic.
Low level boss entry for party's are unlimited. (Hilla and Zakum) - Another alternative from soloing, except now newbies or new characters can learn their jobs.

No one seems to like party quests, I guess its a PTSD from old school maplestory; so why not make party bossing a thing for lower leveled characters to do?

Level sync options
I like to have an option to power level friends; level difference experience or experience you would have gained is now proxied to your party members.
It would definitely modernize Maplestory.

Kanna rework into support class
I know a ton of players have already gotten used to Kanna so much; that we can't play reboot without her.
Here is an interesting change; turn her into an extremely stong bossing class . . that helps other players out to encourage more party play.
This way people won't have to suicide farm, instead they will just run around casting Kishin for noobs, or joining partys for bossing.
Example - Kanna damage reduced. Kanna party skills increased.

Reduced cost for teleport rock or just provide better ways to travel
I would be 100% down for a teleport to pantheon ability, or having taxi's globally connected to take people to Pantheon or whichever global portal there is in the game.
Get rid of the stupid balloon/helicopter mount nonsense.

Comments

• KaprowKaprow
    Reactions: 1,410
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    I don't know a nicer way to say it, but this is the most delusional post I've ever seen.

A 25% per player mob increase would be beyond abused, similar to how LHC and HoH leeching was back in the day. I'm going to at least hope your suggestion has a cap to it because if you dedicate a certain map as an afk place for guild members, one member could easily get a free 250% amount of mobs.

Zakum was such a massive powerlevel spike that it was actively nerfed because it could shoot you 100-118 in just a couple minutes at most. And not to sound pretentious but MS isn't so complicated that you don't already get enough class practice from mobbing and daily bosses.

Power leveling is also not healthy for a game, and isn't even encouraged in a couple ways now. The leech has to be 'active' in combat to receive any exp and has to be in a level range of both the mobs and the carry. An exp proxy would just encourage people to make a second account (or their kanna alt tbh) to power level their main acc to 6k+ legion in just a couple days.

Kanna *used* to be a heavy support class with their +%m.att buff - people hated it. We're at a point now that there isn't a support class that can't carry their own weight, which is pretty important when any of the other 40+ "DPS" classes could easily solo. If you want the game to a point where supports are necessary for bosses, it's going to take a massive overhaul of each boss + their respective difficulties which is just unrealistic. Also really don't understand how gimping Kanna's damage means the players would start giving Kishin to strangers.

The ability to instantly teleport anywhere is one of the biggest reasons I chose Reboot. Regular servers only have the option to pay $$ for a telerock, pay $$$$ for a permanent telerock from Marvel Machine, or take an extra moment to use the many available teleports already given. You can already use any dimensional mirror to teleport to Alishan and take the top portal to Henesys, then to Pathways from there.
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited November 2019
    A 25% per player mob increase would be beyond abused, similar to how LHC and HoH leeching was back in the day. I'm going to at least hope your suggestion has a cap to it because if you dedicate a certain map as an afk place for guild members, one member could easily get a free 250% amount of mobs.

I think a mutual answer between your concerns and OP's would be to introduce more instanced maps. Literally solved, no idea why they won't use it more.
    Zakum was such a massive powerlevel spike that it was actively nerfed because it could shoot you 100-118 in just a couple minutes at most. And not to sound pretentious but MS isn't so complicated that you don't already get enough class practice from mobbing and daily bosses.

You say it's a powerspike, but no one is impressed if your below lvl 200 anymore. It'd be convenient (a dangerous word around these parts to be sure).
    Power leveling is also not healthy for a game, and isn't even encouraged in a couple ways now. The leech has to be 'active' in combat to receive any exp and has to be in a level range of both the mobs and the carry. An exp proxy would just encourage people to make a second account (or their kanna alt tbh) to power level their main acc to 6k+ legion in just a couple days.

Speaking of lvl 200, if they limit OP's suggestion to a level limit of 200 or 220, it sounds like a terraburning/overburn sorta deal. I'm guessing OP wants more party interaction and being in the meat of Maple's meta rather than focusing on the exp/lvling aspect.

As for OP, I've no desire to say anything but the fact that I like teleporting, because it's no longer like this:

2fb94c53c0.jpg

It's now more simple, efficient, and safe, but unfortunately also terribly bland. They'd have to improve their map design again for me not to want to use tele rocks.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2019
    I think a mutual answer between your concerns and OP's would be to introduce more instanced maps. Literally solved, no idea why they won't use it more.

Entirely instanced maps (I.E. ones where a player gets the whole map to themselves) were prone to hackers who could bot without being reported.

Instanced mobs similar to the event-mode Tenebris maps might work better.
    darik
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited November 2019
    Neospector wrote: »

Entirely instanced maps (I.E. ones where a player gets the whole map to themselves) were prone to hackers who could bot without being reported.

Yea, that's the one I mean. People can come together and chat and share buffs, but your still responsible for your own mobs, so low level players can't bank on anyone fighting for them. That, and having personal instanced maps leads us back to our bye-bye situation.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019

Yea, that's the one I mean. People can come together and chat and share buffs, but your still responsible for your own mobs, so low level players can't bank on anyone fighting for them. That, and having personal instanced maps leads us back to our bye-bye situation.

We technically have these maps already, except without the party part anyway.
    The 30-59 areas are instanced and scale to your level, you just can't use party play.
    It's actually somewhat annoying because I primarily play lower levels with other people so there's a weird gap where we can't party for about 10-15 levels.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2019

Instanced mobs is the best idea ever, i loved that they did that in the Utah event, they should introduce it more and more
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2019
    darik wrote: »

Instanced mobs is the best idea ever, i loved that they did that in the Utah event, they should introduce it more and more

I'm hesitant to agree fully to this, but I'd be all for one or two areas around 160 becoming the same as the <60 theme dungeons, where mobs scale to your level until a certain point. 160 is still a horribly dead level range for good maps.