[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't create a new character for Tera Burning

OyasumiOyasumi
Reactions: 520
edited November 2019 in Bug Reporting
Returning from playing this game a friend introduced me to, as she said theres a new event that will help me level up. But I cant create a new character to use for the new event?

When I try to click "new character" after it loads, the game proceeds to select my first character to enter it's PIC and launch with that character.
If I decide to press cancel when the PIC comes up, the game crashes or freezes to the point I cant log into any other characters either. (causing me to re-launch the game, but to have the exact same problem happen)

I tried creating a new character in a world I never created one before and it makes me enter my PIC to play on a character that doesnt exist.

You'd think after introducing an event, you'd test if people could actually "play" the event..

EDIT: Official Maplestory discord server has a solution.
[Updated 11:47 PM PST] We have found an issue with creating a new character for players who have not changed their PIC in a while (i.e you get a popup when you login saying "You have not changed your PIC in a while. Would you like to now?"). If you change your PIC from the Character select screen, you will be able to create a new character. We plan to fix this issue in a Minor Patch as soon as possible.

Verified solution works.
icydevi

Comments

• icydeviicydevi
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2019
    Game crashed afterwards @____@
  • PureRoyalNativePureRoyalNative
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited November 2019
    Thanks for the info.
  • bahamutxzer0bahamutxzer0
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2019
    I have this same problem. I can't create a character. The "Create a character" button acts as a "Start" button and logs me in... Quite frustrating :(
  • PsychopompSentinelPsychopompSentinel
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited November 2019
    Having the same issue. Click on Create New Character, and instead of being able to select a character class it acts like I'm selecting the character I've hovering over, prompts me to enter my PIN, and that's it. Any word on how to fix this D:

UPDATE: So I was able to get to the character create screen by scrolling to a screen on my character list that was only empty character slots and THEN hitting Create Character. I also updated my PIC while I was at it, but I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or not.
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    The bug is same for me! Unable to create a new character using the Create Character button using unchaged PIC for too long time.
    Instead, by clicking the button it logs into the selected character.

It's urgent as you cannot create a new character as Tera Burning Character, too!
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2019
    @Ghiblee can you nail down a date for the supposed minor patch that's meant to fix this?
  • DiamondSkyyDiamondSkyy
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited November 2019
    I'm having this issue as well.
  • KNOthreeKNOthree
    Reactions: 100
    Same here. When I click "Create Character" it acts as "Start" button.