[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game doesnt launch after Nexon Game security?

BloodcypherBloodcypher
Reactions: 100
in Tech Support
hey guys ive tried numerous reinstillations,went into my regedit and swapped screen mode between 0-3 tried em all and the game wont launch after anticheat comes up on bottom right corner, tried both steam and nexon launcher, any ideas on what it could be? Also i have launch as administrator on as well.

Comments

• sbrxsbrx
    i have the exact same problem. running windows 10.
  • BloodcypherBloodcypher
    edited June 2018
    boy nexon do you even pay people to help people on this forum? 2 days and no ideas or offical responses? get it together >.>
  • BloodcypherBloodcypher
    edited June 2018
    bummmmmmmmmmmmp can we get some mods who can help fix this?????? i have compatibility on windows 8 and firewall i have all the files in the exception list. halp
  • BloodcypherBloodcypher
    edited June 2018
    i figured out with my own troubleshooting that hitting windows key+R type in msconfig go to services tab, check hide all microsoft services. One of the unchecked boxes i have is whats making the game not wanna launch, posting to help other maplers out there who have the same problem as i did.
    https://gyazo.com/f81a638ce322fd376b5c10ad88664037
    https://gyazo.com/3e28d597f09a3df7b0a2a4fe479b5c67
  • BullazBullaz
    i figured out with my own troubleshooting that hitting windows key+R type in msconfig go to services tab, check hide all microsoft services. One of the unchecked boxes i have is whats making the game not wanna launch, posting to help other maplers out there who have the same problem as i did.

thanks, this solved my problem :)
  • wtchbladewtchblade

https://prnt.sc/o2a0qv I stopped this and maple worked right after.
  • FedericoFederico
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2019
    Hello
    I too had this problem, I press the green play bottom then i get nexon security sign and then nothing happen and I get green play bottom again.
    After number of things I tried to do I found a solution for my case.
    I clicked System Configuration then chose Startup and then chose "Open Task Manager"
    Then I chose Processes (the first option) and then you can see all the things that are working on your computer.
    Now you will have to search for Maplestory in the list and when you find it right click it and that will open for you options what to do with the game, among then you can chose to end it.
    Chose end game and then open nexon launcher click the green play bottom and enjoy.
    *I wrote what I did to solve the problem although I cannot promise you it will work for you to.
    Tip: If anyone have this problem at nexon launcher, delete the launcher and maplestory and download steam and maplestory through steam and play, although you may counter problem in the game itself but at least you may be able to enter the game
  • DoomlustingDoomlusting
    Reactions: 840
    edited November 2019
    After pressing blue button "Play", Nexon Game Security window appears and then it goes away after 3 secs. Then the launcher turn back to blue play button. I tried reinstalling and restarting launcher, and this is non-stop happening. Is there any way to solve this bug?
  • DoomlustingDoomlusting
    Reactions: 840
    edited November 2019
    neither launcher nor steam woks for me :(
    because of this, since I installed last week, I was not able to play any single game for a week...
  • has anyone found a solution for that yet?
    im currently trying to play and cant do anything about it. ive done everything ive read online
  • carmenpop22carmenpop22
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2019
    my windows 10 ok
  • Crazy1Crazy1
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2020
    @Bloodcypher thank you very much for that, I managed to solve my problem. I found out that my problem was caused by Premier Opinion. It's adware bundled with various applications from internet and for some reason guardian considers it as forbidden software. As it's silently installed, gives you nothing and steals your privacy, I strongly recommend to remove it completely from computer, not only disable it in autostart.

But seriously, can't guardian tell user "hey, I found forbidden process, please do something" instead of crashing? I'm rather advanced computer user and know how to fe. edit something in registry or deal with system boot, but typical user who just wants to play a game will abandon the game after several tries. It's XXI century, come on, this game should be already rewritten in some modern engine.
  • shoesandglovshoesandglov
    Crazy1 wrote: »
    @Bloodcypher thank you very much for that, I managed to solve my problem. I found out that my problem was caused by Premier Opinion. It's adware bundled with various applications from internet and for some reason guardian considers it as forbidden software. As it's silently installed, gives you nothing and steals your privacy, I strongly recommend to remove it completely from computer, not only disable it in autostart.

But seriously, can't guardian tell user "hey, I found forbidden process, please do something" instead of crashing? I'm rather advanced computer user and know how to fe. edit something in registry or deal with system boot, but typical user who just wants to play a game will abandon the game after several tries. It's XXI century, come on, this game should be already rewritten in some modern engine.

You are a true hero to me .

The name "Premier Opinion" sounded very familiar and lo and behold, it was installed on my computer as well..
    I've tried reinstalling, switching screemode back and forth, and on the verge of quitting.

• MarkovianMarkovian
    Crazy1 wrote: »

Thank you Sir. Thank you, thank you, and thank you. You are a great hero unbeknownst to many, but known to me and those whom you have helped here on this forum. Your advice has helped me, and I'm sure help many others. I searched the web for hours and tried several things, changing values, renaming files, ending tasks, and repairing files, but I had no luck in resolving the issue which prevented me from launching maple. Your Sir have done much good and I applaud you. When I read your post, I thought "sure, ill give it a shot, but I doubt itll work." But LOOK!!! Thank to you my friend, I am back on maple and enjoying every moment. Thank you again for freeing me from the clutches of failure. Thank you Sir for opening the doors of Maple back, so that I may once again walk through,