[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Halloween Events - Monster Invasion

SweetpatchSweetpatch
Reactions: 510
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Crashes everyone who tries to kill the monsters, at least in Orbis. Very unfortunate for a promising event.

Comments

• MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Depends on the summons. GMs were going a bit crazy, although I could tell over time they were talking to each other more about which enemies worked and which didn't. Hopefully tomorrow will be smoother. :)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Well I think CRA and Hekaton are definitely on the list of "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT".
    JettLuvsU
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited October 2016
    good thing i didnt even attend i knew GMs would mess things up ... its almost funny
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

good thing i didnt even attend i knew GMs would mess things up ... its almost funny
    You know what else is funny? If they ever do something like this again in the future. They haven't done something like this in years; there are countless new bosses and it's simply a matter of trial and error to see which ones can safely be spawned outside of their usual maps without causing problems. Obviously Chaos Von Bon and Vellum are out now, likely Lotus as well, given the issues they caused when spawned.

Take into account, as well, what MegaScience said up there. They communicated amongst themselves as the invasions progressed across worlds, and it was refined over time to cut out boss spawns that were... problematic
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016

Aggraphine

Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

You know what else is funny? If they ever do something like this again in the future. They haven't done something like this in years; there are countless new bosses and it's simply a matter of trial and error to see which ones can safely be spawned outside of their usual maps without causing problems. Obviously, Chaos Von Bon and Vellum are out now, likely Lotus as well, given the issues they caused when spawned.

But then here come people going "lol I knew they would mess this up that's why I ignored it". Why bother doing anything like this for players if they're just going to ignore it because they "know it'll get messed up"?
    Man, I swear to god, you're either in bed with them, want to be hired by them or trying to get the volunteer status - it's a fact that they screw up basically everything.
    Nah, I just think things through before jumping down throats. I also know that sometimes unexpected problems can happen, and I know how to be patient when that happens. That and, honestly, what good does it do to trash the forums with threads taking the piss out of Nexon for what they did(or didn't do, in any case)? Does it get your problems resolved any faster? If not, why do it?
    JettLuvsU
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited October 2016
    Hey, @Aggraphine
    Can you do me a favor and chat with your bosses a bit about maybe giving me a job? I want me some of that Nexon money.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited October 2016

Man, I swear to god, you're either in bed with them, want to be hired by them or trying to get the volunteer status - it's a fact that they screw up basically everything.
    Because how dare you for thinking differently.

Fun fact: You can still be a Volunteer and disagree with things Nexon do, you don't always have to glorify them.
  • SweetpatchSweetpatch
    Reactions: 510
    edited October 2016
    I didn't mean for this to turn into hating on the event. I thought it was a cool idea just unfortunate we weren't able to experience it fully.
    JettLuvsU
  • TakalaTakala
    Reactions: 640
    edited November 2016

Maryse
    Maryse said:

Because how dare you for thinking differently.

Fun fact: You can still be a Volunteer and disagree with things Nexon do, you don't always have to glorify them.
    It's nothing thinking differently,
    I'm pointing out a very obvious fact.
    I could be slightly biased, I work in an environment that we test thing regularly - and if my product ever this something like this I most likely have to resist the urge to terminate the employment of everyone in that department.
    Again, if this was a contained issue with the event(s), No Problem, I understand that faults can occur... except it's not, it's every time, at every event, with every patch, and every maintenance. You don't need to sprinkle w.e sense of false praise you want to give them. The reality is that they need to understand that this is probably why their losing players.
    Unfortunately with many games, this is the usual. Even Blizzard which players pay-to-play there are always issues. People complain about it all the time. :D I really cannot think of a game where there aren't issues after patches, etc.

Events - I do agree should have been tested beforehand, but I am not entirely surprised it wasn't. I get the feeling they keep a small staff and have people do multiple jobs so odds are short staff (saving money) + overworked employees = less than ideal results. At least they were working together and making sure to let the rest of the team know not to summon certain ones.

As a maplestory player, we accept this and deal with it out of love for the game. (*Coughs* Although I tend to float in and out myself).