[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

This product cannot be installed

Comments

• MedicMedic
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2019
    MeepMeep00 wrote: »
    Facing the same issue here. I'm from OCE too and haven't been able to update or download MS since the update last week. Tried to copy the game files from steam and that hasn't worked either. After multiple emails going back and forth with Nexon support it sounds like they've given up too.

Thats BS. nexon causes this problem, then they cannot fix it , or it is too much trouble for them. In the mean time they like ti think it is our problem.
  • DeliciousMallowsDeliciousMallows
    Reactions: 240
    edited November 2019
    If they have given up, they will be losing a ton of fanbase. It's affecting more people than they know or think it is... It literally means we cannot play the game unless its through steam, which my steam account and Nexon account are linked differently.
  • MeepMeep00MeepMeep00
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2019
    Oh lol sorry I meant that support has already given up and told me to wait for the game team's solution. But yeah it sucks that we're unable to participate in all the events with the rest of GMS right now.
  • SingleDigitSingleDigit
    This isn't working for me either and its driving me insane
  • IMMADBRAHIMMADBRAH
    edited December 2019
    Just use steam, Nexon launcher is buggy asf and they wont fix it cause their devs are under qualified bad programmers.
    edited December 2019
    Yep. They even address a small cash shop issue where some orders were not going through. Glad they care more about money than the players. Thanks Nexon.
    edited December 2019
    This is actually a joke now. They just updated the support page.
    2 weeks without play and the best they could come up with is CON+ALT+DELETE to force shut the program. What the hell is that supposed to do? I've tried it multiple times now and no change. It doesn't do anything. They are too naive to realise that the problem is on THEIR side, not ours. They better fix it with the next maintenance that is supposed to hit today.
    IDenphlidaMedicKuronekonova
  • MedicMedic
    edited December 2019
    So ive put in a ticket days ago, with everything they asked for. Why do you nexon keep trying to say my ticket is solved when you have not done anything to solve the problem. I have never seen such bad customer service in my life like this. FIX THE DAMN GAME.
  • KeckKeck
    Reactions: 410
    Having same issue, im from OCE - any aussies tried downloading with a VPN to see if that helps?
  • IDenphIDenph
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2019
    This is taking too long T_T
  • IDenphIDenph
    edited December 2019

it works
  • TheBRownManTheBRownMan
    Keck wrote: »
    Having same issue, im from OCE - any aussies tried downloading with a VPN to see if that helps?

I have tried this and it has not worked.

Not only can I not download the game, I can't seem to create an account or link an existing account to Steam.
  • KeckKeck
    edited December 2019
    IDenph wrote: »

it works

Thank you very much for testing this mate! I was wanting to but had already used my Proton trial a while ago and other sites arent so friendly with trials.

Youre a legend, i'll post back if im successful also

EDIT: ProtonVPN let me make another trial account, it seems to be working. I didnt need to do any other actions (ie; restarting, uninstalling etc)

Great job all! Share this around, hopefully Nexon dont mind the use of a VPN for this purpose. Now we can all enjoy the game we're supposed to be able to play.
  • KeckKeck
    edited December 2019
  • MedicMedic
    edited December 2019
    Keck wrote: »

I Have also followed this fix. It seems to be working so far. at over 50% download. good work. ps you can then uninstall the vpn and maple will still work, once the update is done.
  • rudals98rudals98
    I think I just found another way to fix it. I think the problem comes out when you download the game on a different folder location than the default game location.
    1. delete whatever download that proceeded.
    2. ctrl-alt-delete any process related to maple
    3. run nexon launcher as admin
    4. change the game installer location from the default drive to your designated drive through account dropbar-launcher settings-game install/update under game installation location i think this was the key step to actually get the game to download, to get it to download as the normal location
    5. start download, the download should start at the new game location folder.

so far after doing this i haven't had any interruptions, and got over 76% download progress.
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited December 2019
    rudals98 wrote: »
    I think I just found another way to fix it.

Didn't work for me same message
  • KandaKanda
    Way i fixed the problem was i downloaded maplestory on steam and replaced my nexon maplestory files with the steam ones, after thats done i repair installation, fast and worked for me.
  • iAmStookiAmStook
    edited January 2020
    VPN
  • reeapeerrreeapeerr
    The only fix I could find after looking everywhere and trying everything was to install a VPN (PrivateVPN) and just choose the 7 day trial and choose New Zealand as the server and boom. Works.