[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Resetting my burning character?

JostabeereJostabeere
Reactions: 650
edited December 2019 in General Chat
So I tried a Kanna. I don't really feel like I'm getting why I should play one besides the link skill.
Her skills are just one real attack and some summones up to 4th job.
So I have two questions.
Will she become good with 4th job and is it worth using my burning on her?
I also heard Kanna will be nerfed hard soon. So I might use a burning character on something else.
Or can I delete the lvl 100 Kanna and start something else? Like a Pathfinder? Will I be able to get a new burning character, or is the burning slot gone with my Kanna?
Also will I get the untradeable rewards again?

Or should I get the new class as my burner? How is Hoyoung?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2019
    Foremost: you can't burn new classes. You won't be able to for several months yet. This is normal and has happened with every new class that's been released back as far as blaster.

Moving on: yes, you can delete the burned character, create a new one, and still get the frozen set, temporary root abyss set and permanent root abyss set boxes. What you will not be able to get twice are any breakthrough rewards.
    JostabeerePride
  • JostabeereJostabeere
    edited December 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    breakthrough rewards.
    So if I did not claim my 200+ rewards, I am free to restart as many times as I want?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2019
    Yeah, just remember that breakthrough only goes until the 14th or so.
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 2,025
    edited December 2019
    Jostabeere wrote: »
    So I tried a Kanna. I don't really feel like I'm getting why I should play one besides the link skill.
    So I have two questions.
    I also heard Kanna will be nerfed hard soon. So I might use a burning character on something else.
    Or can I delete the lvl 100 Kanna and start something else? Like a Pathfinder? Will I be able to get a new burning character, or is the burning slot gone with my Kanna?

I burned a Cannoneer to 200 and opened the Faf equips but ended up deleting him to make a TB and i was given the boxes on my TB
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited December 2019
    So I have two questions.

Jesus, you're already not feeling a class only after reaching 100?? At that level, not even half the potential of a job is revealed. Pretty much every job is going to feel like sh@t until you max your 4th job skills, so you really should raise a character a bit more before deciding whether you like it or not. Yes, you can delete Kanna and create new burning character. Breakthrough reward isn't going to matter to you I guess since you don't seem to be a fan of grinding to level above 200. You can't make Hoyoung as your burn character since he's a new job. As for what you want to raise, look up some of the videos of jobs that interest you and pick it yourself.
  • JostabeereJostabeere
    edited December 2019
    Penguinz0 wrote: »

Jesus, you're already not feeling a class only after reaching 100?? At that level, not even half the potential of a job is revealed. Pretty much every job is going to feel like sh@t until you max your 4th job skills, so you really should raise a character a bit more before deciding whether you like it or not. Yes, you can delete Kanna and create new burning character. Breakthrough reward isn't going to matter to you I guess since you don't seem to be a fan of grinding to level above 200. You can't make Hoyoung as your burn character since he's a new job. As for what you want to raise, look up some of the videos of jobs that interest you and pick it yourself.

I unlocked all 4th job skills, and only ones missing are hyper skills and 5th job. And I don't think needing to grind to 200 just to know if I like a class or not is a good mechanic. Kanna is great at farming, but is it worth wasting a burning slot on that?
    I do not own 200s, but I am very interested in getting them and reaching high levels with 1 or more characters. And the 3x level is the best deal right now. I am just wondering if Kanna is the right thing to 200 first, or if there's some "press B to win" class which I would benefit more from in terms of bossing, farming high end stuff, etc.
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited December 2019
    Great for farming with kishin and the summons and mobbing skills, but otherwise I find her gameplay kind of boring.

Also seems pretty hard to get her damage up without a lot of funding? Mine is around 500k range but doesn't have much damage multipliers and skills don't do that many lines.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited December 2019

I unlocked all 4th job skills, and only ones missing are hyper skills and 5th job. And I don't think needing to grind to 200 just to know if I like a class or not is a good mechanic. Kanna is great at farming, but is it worth wasting a burning slot on that?
    I do not own 200s, but I am very interested in getting them and reaching high levels with 1 or more characters. And the 3x level is the best deal right now. I am just wondering if Kanna is the right thing to 200 first, or if there's some "press B to win" class which I would benefit more from in terms of bossing, farming high end stuff, etc.

lol there's no "press B to win" class in this game. Just watch videos of jobs doing mobbing and bossing on youtube and go with whatever that you think looks good to you. If you like it, that's great. If you don't, there's always another burning or tera burning event. Either way, you're gonna have to raise a lot of characters to level 140-200 for legion and link skills. As you raise more and more characters, it's gonna become much easier to get to level to 200 without burning as well. Just go with whatever job you're going to like. Nobody knows what your preferences are when it comes to picking classes. Either explicitly say what you're looking for in class, or just go with your guts
    Pride
  • JostabeereJostabeere
    edited December 2019

lol there's no "press B to win" class in this game. Just watch videos of jobs doing mobbing and bossing on youtube and go with whatever that you think looks good to you. If you like it, that's great. If you don't, there's always another burning or tera burning event. Either way, you're gonna have to raise a lot of characters to level 140-200 for legion and link skills. As you raise more and more characters, it's gonna become much easier to get to level to 200 without burning as well. Just go with whatever job you're going to like. Nobody knows what your preferences are when it comes to picking classes. Either explicitly say what you're looking for in class, or just go with your guts

When I look at videos on youtube of bossing and mobbing, I see people doing lines of huge numbers and everything is the same.
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited December 2019
    When I look at videos on youtube of bossing and mobbing, I see people doing lines of huge numbers and everything is the same.

When you actually play the characters you'll probably start noticing a few differences in play-style due to unique skills to each class that will either be enjoyable for you or not at all.

I've played almost every class so far to 140, and a lot of them I definitely would not be going to 200 because of things like

- Not being able to use certain skills in mid-air
    - Not being able to teleport in mid-air
    - Lack of vertical mobility (climbing up ropes is a big turn-off for me)
    - Slow skills (long animations, no animation cancel, no skill chaining, etc)

The only classes I've gotten to 210+ so far are mercedes, aran, and thunder breaker because they were more enjoyable to play.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited December 2019

There are plenty of videos where people beat cra bosses with minimum clear range and show off their hand controls, where you can learn how a job's bossing mechanism works. As for mobbing, you can see mobbing efficiency, mobbing builds on certain maps, tips and etc from mobbing videos. If you truly can't learn a single thing from videos, then, like I said before, go with your guts. Play whatever you feel like playing, and stop asking people to pick a job for you.