[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Cernium] Delicious Candy quest not appearing

LakirrLakirr
Reactions: 400
edited December 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Quest functionality
Description: When doing the new Cernium questline, upon completing the prior quest and attempting to start the quest [Cernium] Delicious Candy, the lightbulb for the quest does not appear over the character who starts it, nor in the Available Quests log or the Glory popup or other quest popups on the left side of the screen. Walking outside the Palace Main Hall map prompts a Navigation arrow to point me back into the main hall, and also indicates the name of the quest it's directing me to (the only reason I know the name of the quest).
The navigation arrow directs the character back inside the Palace Main Hall, and vanishes upon walking between Carlisle and Edea with a note of "You have arrived at your destination!" But no quest prompt appears, and clicking the two NPCs just gives their generic comments (Carlisle's "My duty is to keep the peace in the holy land of Cernium." and Edea's "Quiet, I'm thinking.").
Returning to the Outpost and attempting to resume the Cernium questline forces me to go through the cutscene immediately prior (with Seren and the sword), but does not make the quest bubble appear. Nor did logging out of the character and logging back in. Completely force-closing the game and reopening it likewise did not make the quest bubble appear.

Character name: Decokitty
Character level: 201
Character job: Wild Hunter
World name: Elysium
Date and time: 10:30pm Mountain Time, Dec. 19, 2019

Comments

• TatsukakkkeiTatsukakkkei
    Reactions: 200
    I'm having the same issue as well.
    Character name : Tatsukakkei
    Level: 206
    Job: Kinesis
    World: Bera
    10:00 ish am UCT
  • sparebladespareblade
    Reactions: 1,220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    Also having the same issue as OP. Not seeing the quest for [Cernium] Delicious Candy on the sidebar, nor a lightbulb for any character. I'm getting the navigation arrow as well, which says it's for [Cernium] Delicious Candy, but upon reaching the location, nothing happens.

Character name : spareblade
    Level: 214
    Job: Dark Knight
    World: Scania
  • MageGirlMageGirl
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited December 2019
    Same here as everyone else. However, the patch notes say that 'Delicious Candy' is supposed to be the beginning of part 2 of the Cernium quests, which starts on Jan 1. The fact that we can get in at all and partially start it seems to be the bug.

Character: Teieria
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    World: Aurora
    Date/time: Dec 21, 9:45 PST