[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make item guard prevent cubing

wisetigerwisetiger
Reactions: 355
edited December 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
An item that is sealed with item guard is able to be cubed. This defeats the purpose of the item in that it allows it to be altered.
Suggestion: Make item guards prevent cubing on the sealed item.

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited December 2019
    Just y do ppl seal stuff ?o.o
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    darik wrote: »

Any character with a sealed item cannot be deleted, for one.
    Aside from that, it seems more like it would be geared towards people who share accounts so I'm not sure why it exists tbh.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »

Any character with a sealed item cannot be deleted, for one.
    Aside from that, it seems more like it would be geared towards people who share accounts so I'm not sure why it exists tbh.

It keeps you from accidentally selling things too. Especially useful if you're the type to have a set of damage and drop gear.
    FuhreakYinYangX
  • KuronekonovaKuronekonova
    Reactions: 795
    edited December 2019

so that hackers don't sell all your gear or delete your charecter.
    Fuhreak
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited December 2019

Y would a hacker sell ur stuff? Just dont get into shady webs or download shady stuff o.o
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2019

Y would a hacker sell ur stuff? Just dont get into shady webs or download shady stuff o.o

Get into account that's not yours. Unequip everything. Sell to npc. Or trade to others if possible.

I did that once years ago on a different game. Dude was a giant turd-waffle who was monumentally full of himself anyway, so no one really mourned his loss when he quit as a result.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Get into account that's not yours. Unequip everything. Sell to npc. Or trade to others if possible.

I did that once years ago on a different game. Dude was a giant turd-waffle who was monumentally full of himself anyway, so no one really mourned his loss when he quit as a result.

Kids will be kids. I've known of several people who left a game up and they come back to a friend or sibling messing up their stuff for the lulz.
    There's also the potential for data leaks, no service is 100% secure.
    A hacker doesn't even have to trick you to get into your account. All they have to do is hack Nexon itself.
    It's mostly just a paranoia guard imo, but there's plenty of reason to use one.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited December 2019
    I just want a type of seal for which I can fully modify the equipment while not having to worry about npc-ing it.
    wisetigerdarik