[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Secondary/Primary Swap?

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited January 2020 in General Chat
I wonder how each class in Maple would play if your character's weapon were swapped so you used your secondary to attack and your primary as "extra firepower." Some classes like Dual Blade and Zero would have no difference while some classes like Corsair won't function correctly as its new primary weapon will be a frickin telescope. What new skills would these classes have?

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    NW/any Cygnus class: GET BLINDED BY MY SHINY BLING BLING, MOFO! Either that or it'd be used like a rock and thrown/very short ranged blunt weapon.
    Isn't Kanna's secondary a fan on Haku? (Don't play Kanna so no idea.)
    Hayato would have like the same skills, just mini range cause the wakizashi is basically a dagger/shorter sword. xd
    I feel like Cannnoner would be interesting, like a lot more "explosive" oriented cause of the powder keg.
    Beast Tamer would be the same since she mainly uses summoning, which goes along the idea she uses her whistle to summon them.
    Night Lord, I feel like could go a bit more like HoYoung cause the secondary is a "charm" /talisman.
    Mages, books, so no big change.
    Mihile/Demons = Shield Hero + Maplestory crossover (semi-joke).

Main easy/funny ones I could think off the top of my head.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2020
    Kinesis would summon chess pieces to attack. Kinesis would treated as a KING while his defense and iframes would involve ROOK. BISHOPS would buff/heal Kinesis. QUEEN, PAWN and KNIGHTS would be for mobbing and bossing?

Phantom would be attacking cards. He can use 3 card monte to clone himself into 3 Phantoms. He would be able to summon Jack, Queen and King as a summon.

Mercedes and Bowmasters will stab their foes to death...

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Mages, books, so no big change.

We don't even use our staffs to attack really, there'd be no change at all.
    Nienheart has proven that a good beating with a book will reduce even the strongest foes to nothing.
    YinYangX
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited January 2020
    Dark Night would beat yo a** with a chain and then strangle you to death with it!!!
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    Dark Night would beat yo a** with a chain and then strangle you to death with it!!!

So basically a class + job change to Cadena. xd
    Fuhreak
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited January 2020
    I knew there was a reason that I liked Cadena!
    YinYangX