[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mercedes can't do 5th job advancement

MawgMawg
Reactions: 1,350
edited January 2020 in General Chat
I can't do the Arcane Stone of Tynerum quest, because I can't get to the top of the world tree without being killed.

I have no buddies, so no one to help. What are my options? All that I can think of is to grind & level until I can OHK every monster there. I have tried rushing & attacking nothing, but was attacked & died. I have tried attacking some, stunning the nasty ones but not wasting time killing them. I used a +210 DEF potion, which is the best that I have. My equips are good, but scroolled for ATT, not DEF. Nothing seems to work F7

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2020
    you can get a hyper teleport rock for 15 glory coins and click the 3 highest maps below the Damien waiting room.

And I am still wondering why your Mercedes is so frail.
    MawgYinYangX
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2020
    Defense is almost entirely worthless, I thought this was made clear in your other thread about paladins. The biggest contributor to a reduction in damage you take is starforce for starforce maps and arcane power for arcane river maps, the second-biggest contributor is level difference. Scrolling things for defense will not help you.
    Mawg
  • MawgMawg
    edited January 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Defense is almost entirely worthless, I thought this was made clear in your other thread about paladins.
    Yes, it was, thanks. I was just clutching at straws there.
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    The biggest contributor to a reduction in damage you take is starforce for starforce maps and arcane power for arcane river maps, the second-biggest contributor is level difference. Scrolling things for defense will not help you.
    I see. Well, given that this is neither star force nor arcance, it looks like my only chance is to grind @ scrapyard until I am 205 or so & try again.

I am not too interested in the Merc, I just want to get it to lvl 210 for the link skill. So, I guess that 5th job isn't really too important.

Thanks for your help

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited January 2020
    Get +1/2/3 seconds invincibility potential on your top/overall with a epic/unique/legendary potential. So you have more time to hit the potion button, and while you are invincible, the potion lock mob cannot damage you to potion lock you. (life saver on squishy class)

Have Hero Will (4th job skill) on your keyboard, use it immediately after getting potion locked to to cure it.

Use the hyper skill Water Shield - Reinforce to reduce the damage a bit more.

Use monster park extreme red potion for +2000 HP.
    Put points into HP in your hyperstats.
    Temporary use equipment with high HP bonus stats.
    Use decent hyper body on a bottom/overall with a unique/legendary potential for +40% HP.

Ask us for help to clear the mobs, since you are asking us right now. (write down your server and mercedes name)
    Mawg
  • MawgMawg
    edited January 2020
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    I am still wondering why your Mercedes is so frail.

Well, they are a tanged character, but, still ... I agree with you.

I put everything into DEX, 5 points every level, but what else coudl I do? My equips are all scolled/cubed for %dex.

How can I upload a screenshot of my stats?

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    Mawg wrote: »

Well, they are a tanged character, but, still ... I agree with you.

I put everything into DEX, 5 points every level, but what else coudl I do? My equips are all scolled/cubed for %dex.

How can I upload a screenshot of my stats?

Default Maplestory screenshot button is "scroll lock". After you have the screen shot, find the folder it's in and upload it to an image website, imgur, photobucket, etc. Get the page link, come back to the forums and click the image button (should be 6th button that looks like a colorful square), enter link, post.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited January 2020
    One strategy is to
    1. Get a hyper tele rock from coin shop in outpost
    2. Accept 5th job quest
    3. Teleport to one of the three map at top
    4. Hero will the potion lock status effect if the flying bird touches you, and run away from it
    5. Kill the flying bird, it will not respawn for 5 minutes in that map
    6. If the portal is not there, use a return scroll back to town
    7. Forfeit the quest, and re-accept it
    8. Go back to the same map where you killed the flying bird in hope the portal spawn on that map, repeat step 6 until it the flying bird respawn

Every squishy class can take 2-3 hits from the normal monster, they usually die from the potion lock effect from the anti-afk monster.
    YinYangXFuhreak
  • MawgMawg
    edited November 2020
    D'oh! I just managed it, relatively easily. For some reason, I had believed that I could not consume any potions & was trying to make a run straight for the top. I can no longer rememebr why I thought that ... maybe relying on my pet for auto-potions? Today it was dried up & I had to manual potion, so I made it to the top ...
    YinYangX