[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.217 Sengoku Returns: Asura War Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

suggestion - increase luminous mobbing ability

AlanDahManAlanDahMan
Reactions: 610
Posts: 12
Member
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The recent changes for luminous have increased its bossing ability (more eq time and less teleport delay), which is great. Yet some of these changes have also greatly diminish luminous' unique mobbing features - being able to move across platforms and mob across platforms. The range of teleport has greatly decreased which makes a lot of moves impossible. The range of reflection has also decreased which makes it even worse. While in the V updates, many classes have significant increase in mobbing ability, luminous has its unique mobbing features diminished, this is not good.

I believe that all classes should be unique, while also balanced in general. Right now it is not the case at all - lots of classes are just quite similar, and unique features are usually not very useful in gameplay. It's better if players can customize their characters to be even more unique (which is the main concept of V updates. Well.. I don't see much progress here, not yet).

What do you think?

Comments

  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,865
    Posts: 585
    Member
    edited October 2016
    You know this how's Luminous was suposed to be in the first place right? It's been that way since it came out in KMS. I didn't know their teleport was short like other magicans, which suprised me when i saw the changes.

    Luminous was just really OP in trainning in here, and sucking at bossing(kind), i think it's balanced compared to other classes, just think how other classes train, some can have spikes but they don't clear as fast as a GMS lum(at least not more than a period of time).

    Isn't luminous unique too? he can't just spam the 1x1 skill, and he also have 2 skills in 4job to train and switch overtime your skills(evan can be similar).
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,320
    Posts: 3,540
    Member
    edited October 2016
    What do I think? No.

    While the teleport range might be the only actual issue with the class now, it's more in-line with other magician classes, rather than being easily twice the range of any of them. And the mobbing ability is just fine. So you have to move around a little more and, GASP, climb ladders and ropes; Luminous still has an incredibly long reach with its mobbing skill.
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

    You know this how's Luminous was suposed to be in the first place right? It's been that way since it came out in KMS. I didn't know their teleport was short like other magicans, which suprised me when i saw the changes.

    Luminous was just really OP in trainning in here, and sucking at bossing(kind), i think it's balanced compared to other classes, just think how other classes train, some can have spikes but they don't clear as fast as a GMS lum(at least not more than a period of time).

    Isn't luminous unique too? he can't just spam the 1x1 skill, and he also have 2 skills in 4job to train and switch overtime your skills(evan can be similar).
    Luminous is still OP in training. Name me one other class that has a skill that can rebound between vertical platforms and hit multiple mobs therein.
  • JorjaxJorjax
    Reactions: 865
    Posts: 97
    Member
    edited October 2016
    I main Lumi and i have to say no to this one.

    Reflection range is as good as it is and the only problem is their teleport range. If you were to asked me.. do i like the current teleport? Sure i do because it's better than playing most classes who has low mobility power. For example, Hero, Paladin, DK, etc.

    AggraphineShanochi
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,320
    Posts: 3,540
    Member
    edited October 2016
    Jorjax
    Jorjax said:

    I main Lumi and i have to say no to this one.

    Reflection range is as good as it is and the only problem is their teleport range. If you were to asked me.. do i like the current teleport? Sure i do because it's better than playing most classes who has low mobility power. For example, Hero, Paladin, DK, etc.

    This guy gets it!
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    Posts: 1,572
    Member
    edited October 2016
    I want my old Lumi back :c
    WillowRosenberg
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,330
    Posts: 316
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Why did they even nerf teleport range anyway? It wasn't really OP or anything, I can't think of any reason it needed to be balanced to be the same as other mages. Besides Evan's support jump, while not a teleport is probably about the exact same distance as Lumi's teleport was, and one of Battle Mage's most popular mechanic uses is the telecasting.

    The thing is Evan and Battle mages can actually attack during their skill, Luminous never could, so why should their movement be nerfed, when it does not serve any non movement purpose, while other mages's skills do. And why haven't they made apocalypse slightly faster (or added a second attack before the animation restarts) yet? If they did that people wouldn't have even minded having to switch, because you would still have very close mobbing efficiency in both modes.
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    Posts: 65
    Member
    edited October 2016
    lel. Best mobbing class hands down. Mobbing gets nerfed for a tradeoff for bossing, which bossing is arguably far more important. Still top 3 mobber in the game. Now Lumi players want buff to their mobbing and mobility.

    Lumi players in a nut shell.

    AlexF
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,320
    Posts: 3,540
    Member
    edited November 2016
    image

    DepressedAran

    lel. Best mobbing class hands down. Mobbing gets nerfed for a tradeoff for bossing, which bossing is arguably far more important. Still top 3 mobber in the game. Now Lumi players want buff to their mobbing and mobility.

    Lumi players in a nut shell.

    I think part of the problem is that allot of people got blindsided by the changes.

    Give it a few more weeks and everyone will forget about it.
    Literally this for every drastic change to classes and what-have-you.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    Posts: 376
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Nexon NA didn't nerf lumi or done any unique GMS change.
    They only updated to be in line with KMS as a preparation for 5th job patch.

    It's still easy to train lumi in Upper-Right stem map.. and now it also better for bosses.
    I also find the new dark/light system more fun, i like the idea of 'dark taking control' after using light magic too much.. more suitable to luminous :)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,320
    Posts: 3,540
    Member
    edited November 2016
    July
    July said:

    Nexon NA didn't nerf lumi or done any unique GMS change.
    They only updated to be in line with KMS as a preparation for 5th job patch.

    It's still easy to train lumi in Upper-Right stem map.. and now it also better for bosses.
    I also find the new dark/light system more fun, i like the idea of 'dark taking control' after using light magic too much.. more suitable to luminous :)
    It really is more suited, given his story quests. The entire class revolves around the concept of maintaining balance. Spamming Reflection endlessly from level 100 and on does not mesh well with the class or the storyline.
    JulyAlexF
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    Posts: 1,213
    Member
    edited November 2016
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

    Why did they even nerf teleport range anyway? It wasn't really OP or anything, I can't think of any reason it needed to be balanced to be the same as other mages. Besides Evan's support jump, while not a teleport is probably about the exact same distance as Lumi's teleport was, and one of Battle Mage's most popular mechanic uses is the telecasting.

    The thing is Evan and Battle mages can actually attack during their skill, Luminous never could, so why should their movement be nerfed, when it does not serve any non movement purpose, while other mages's skills do. And why haven't they made apocalypse slightly faster (or added a second attack before the animation restarts) yet? If they did that people wouldn't have even minded having to switch, because you would still have very close mobbing efficiency in both modes.
    they didn't "nurf" the tele range, they changed lumi non KMS lumi to KMS lumi, all of the changes related to that including the tele range are part of that. the KMS lumi never had the tele range our old one had.

    think of it like this, our old lumi was/is a different entity than KMS lumi.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,330
    Posts: 316
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    If they completely removed any changes that made Luminous the version we had, then shouldn't we get the option to choose the light/dark stories like KMS too? Also so what about the semantics, the teleport is a nerf when compared to the version we used to have, so it's still a nerf. Nerfing something has literally nothing to do with where the changes are coming from.

    And to the people saying improved mobility? Excuse me improved? People just want teleport the way it was, not to surpass the way GMS made it before the update.
    WillowRosenberg
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    Posts: 506
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Luminous is still a good mobber, its just now you can't sit and spam reflection for days. Overall a positive change
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,865
    Posts: 585
    Member
    edited November 2016
    @ClawStaff
    So it's a nerf but we had the OP version for a long time, quite unfair if you compare to the KMS players that had the low tele since the beginning, and just look at others magicans teleports, most of them have short ranged ones, kanna have one like GMS lum but you can't spam like the old lum.

    Also the 5job skill wouldn't be much usable as in KMS, since there you enter more in equilibrium than here, even if you buffed it's damage, would still be overal worse, besides in bosses where unless you don't die you will hardly use the 5job skill.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,330
    Posts: 316
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I have already mentioned before how the teleport is not OP, and how other mages mobility is actually equal to, or have even more benefits. Luminous' teleport only affected mobility, while Battle Mage can attack during the teleport, and Evan can during their horizontal jump skill (which is about the same distance as Lumi's teleport used to be).

    Every mage that actually has a teleport has some kind of skill that is either triggered by a movement skill, or can be preformed while doing so. Distance was the only thing Luminous had. Also I know the thread is about that too, but I did not at all talk about the attack skill nerf.
  • AlanDahManAlanDahMan
    Reactions: 610
    Posts: 12
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

    You know this how's Luminous was suposed to be in the first place right? It's been that way since it came out in KMS. I didn't know their teleport was short like other magicans, which suprised me when i saw the changes.

    Luminous was just really OP in trainning in here, and sucking at bossing(kind), i think it's balanced compared to other classes, just think how other classes train, some can have spikes but they don't clear as fast as a GMS lum(at least not more than a period of time).

    Isn't luminous unique too? he can't just spam the 1x1 skill, and he also have 2 skills in 4job to train and switch overtime your skills(evan can be similar).
    Notice that Evan's teleport is far more superior than lumi now. About twice distance. Lumi has almost the weakest teleport now. While the V is coming up, other classes are getting better at mobbing. Well I think the KMS lumi is definitely better and more fun to play, but it would be better if the range of teleport and reflection are larger.