[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Phantom Forest Sanity System

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited January 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The sanity system is more seizure inducing with the excessive flashing and the screen shaking. My head is still throbbing. There are also times you "teleport" back similarly to Von Bon's attack. Jagged movement combined with impaired vision doesn't make a thrilling experience.

To give you an idea how horrible the experience feels, play the game while blinking slowly (the effect in Blockbuster events where it fades in and out usually accompanied by a heartbeat) while someone changes the color balance, brightness and contrast and shakes your screen (you cannot change it in settings.) It makes the rune arrows look easy

I never felt any ailments from playing games, but this is the first time I got a headache from playing. Please remove this feature as this is physically painful.
RoseDropSotaSamson
  1. Remove Sanity System?14 votes
    1. Begone!
       93% (13 votes)
    2. Keep the eyesore
       7% (1 vote)

Comments

• RoseDropRoseDrop
    Reactions: 875
    edited January 2020
    I'm glad that it isn't just me. I really want to do the quests, but I'm unable to because the new sanity system is actually making me sick! Upset stomach and my head and eyes hurt. I've never had a video game do this to me.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2020
    Anyone have a video of this in action? Have yet to have a chance to log in today
  • DallyDally
    Reactions: 930
    edited January 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Anyone have a video of this in action? Have yet to have a chance to log in today

Here's a vid of someone going to Crimsonwood Mountain. With all his sanity points lost apparently.
  • RoseDropRoseDrop
    Reactions: 875
    edited January 2020
    *Edit* ^ Dally beat me to it.
    Found a video of it on Youtube. This will give you an idea. (video isn't mine - all rights go to Risso)
    https://youtu.be/GTcU1snx1e4
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2020
    What in the actual hell. Who thought this was a good idea?

Edit time!

So I went and poked around phantom forest for myself, and after three map changes in twisted paths, my frame rate began to chug at like <2 fps. I don't know if it was from taking hits or changing maps, but those of you with lower-spec PCs should avoid this dumpster fire.
    Yoshumari
  • SteamCookieSteamCookie
    Reactions: 610
    edited January 2020
    im really enjoying this new area and the whole sanity effect. can we make it an option? a toggle? i enjoy this ;_;
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    I hope that some changes/rebalances will be made to this system as this hurt the game experience with these shaking and brightness effects.
    Also, consider that the reduction of points and deterioration will be slower.
    Additional point is to increase the option the restore Sanity to 5 times or even more a day + after midnight it will be automatically be reset/restored.

All these changes will be very good to improve the whole experience.

Thank you,
  • YoshumariYoshumari
    Reactions: 2,075
    edited January 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    What in the actual hell. Who thought this was a good idea?

Edit time!

So I went and poked around phantom forest for myself, and after three map changes in twisted paths, my frame rate began to chug at like <2 fps. I don't know if it was from taking hits or changing maps, but those of you with lower-spec PCs should avoid this dumpster fire.

Yeah... this was me. the Insanity layer on the screen REALLY messes with my computer and tanks my frames... I thought the CPU would meltdown since I'm really just running a tun of the mill rig (not really, but you get the idea)... got only about 1/3 of the way through the insanity and I almost couldn't use portals. Had to use a Return scroll which I could restore my sanity and it worked fine after the insanity layer was gone.

But yeah, If you don't have like demi-god tier gaming rigs... the Phantom forest aint for you

Y.K.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited January 2020
    im really enjoying this new area and the whole sanity effect. can we make it an option? a toggle? i enjoy this ;_;

Let's be real. They didn't make toggle for making all your tabs half transparent when attacking or getting hit, and they're not gonna do it for this.
    Fuhreak