[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

There are too many Macros

nick_097nick_097
Reactions: 320
edited January 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Got sick of people with macro and the ms people not caring about it. the people who are actually trying to play this game would be mad at how their field is ruined with macros hunting all the mobs. I didn't think this was a problem at first... but if the macros kill all the quest mobs, then I can't complete the quest myself... please give back the macro detector the korean server has or at least do something about it.
darikNicholasB

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/26766/ban-data-from-01-09-2020-01-15-2020#latest

Nexon is somewhat combating against the bots. The problem is they aren't nipping it in the bud.
    They ban hundreds of thousands of bots a WEEK and it still doesn't make that much of an impact.
    It's a much easier to fix problem in Korea where account creation is a bit more closed doors.
    The lie detector probably wouldn't put any more of a dent in the bot count than the current method already does.
    In the first two weeks of this month/year alone we've already seen 220,293 accounts banned.
    (Just imagine how many hackers we'd have if these accounts weren't being banned so quickly.)

"At least do something about it" is about all Nexon is actually doing.
    They're banning the bots and I assume developing some tweaks for the anti-hack engine.
    However what we really need is an overhaul on account creation in whole.
    This probably isn't a small undertaking and Nexon Korea probably doesn't want to waste the effort on our region.
    They've already spent a good chunk of money on us in other ways and they probably consider this low priority.

[Removed]
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2020
    Please do not spread conspiracy theories about Nexon, thank you.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited January 2020
    Neospector wrote: »
    Those arent conspiracy theories ,what are u talking about? O.o
    Hes just stating a reality, there are way too many hackers in this game,so many that legit players cant enjoy the game .
    Hes asking for a solution from the company, yes they might be taking some action towards it but it doesnt seem to be effective at all, so what they are doing desnt seem to be enough.
    Hackers , stability and 2 pc meta are the 3 main issues this game has and should be fixed as soon as possible.

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    darik wrote: »
    Neospector wrote: »
    Those arent conspiracy theories ,what are u talking about? O.o
    Hes just stating a reality, there are way too many hackers in this game,so many that legit players cant enjoy the game .
    Hes asking for a solution from the company, yes they might be taking some action towards it but it doesnt seem to be effective at all, so what they are doing desnt seem to be enough.
    Hackers , stability and 2 pc meta are the 3 main issues this game has and should be fixed as soon as possible.

The conspiracy theory was removed from the post. I even called it a conspiracy theory in the section removed.
    It had very limit merit behind the reasoning but it did take a cool look into the business side of Nexon which I wish wasn't removed from the post.

You can check out this channel which has several of Nexon's business presentations on it.
    It's nothing uniquely related to the business of MapleStory but rather it focuses on Nexon's business as a whole because it's for investors.
    darik
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited January 2020
    nick_097 wrote: »
    Got sick of people with macro and the ms people not caring about it. the people who are actually trying to play this game would be mad at how their field is ruined with macros hunting all the mobs. I didn't think this was a problem at first... but if the macros kill all the quest mobs, then I can't complete the quest myself... please give back the macro detector the korean server has or at least do something about it.

I really liked to train with my Xenon, but because of the amount of botters I had no choice but to give up and quit train, that's the only solution, unless... Nexon make a move? well it's been over 10 years so the answer is fairly obvious.

You should give up, just like I did.