[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

back after 25 years...

lukafromscanialukafromscania
Reactions: 300
edited January 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Should i main fire and poison mage or ice and lighting mage or battle mage?? i have picked after other class but haven't stayed

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited January 2020
    Game isnt even 20 years old, so thats a big fat lie right there
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited January 2020
    Lol... I think the op is confused the game isn't 20 yet.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    tfw maplestory is over 300 years old...
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited January 2020
    Should i main fire and poison mage or ice and lighting mage or battle mage?? i have picked after other class but haven't stayed
    None of them. They all suk imo. Fire and poison got great boss damage, but mobbing is an absolute cancer and v-matrix (5th job skills) is absolutely hell to master.
    Ice and lightning is a giant bubble class. Mobbing is not as good as people say, and neither is the bossing. Mobbing in large, post-200 maps is crap, and requirement to get full use out of burst damage skill (Lightning orb) is wayyyyy too much. You can't move while using this skill and it cancels out if you can hit by anything. When bosses these days have bunch of other crap that's attacking you even when they're binded, it's very impractical to fully use this skill.
    Battle Mage is Blaster of mage class. You smash that keyboard during both bossing and mobbing. V-matrix mastery is also a hell like FP mage. Mobbing becomes alright post 200, but it's still mid-bottom tier. Mechanic in bossing is difficult and damage efficiency is low, due to needing to constantly move around. Party utility is pretty much the only redeeming quality about BM, but with the game being soloplestory these days, that quality isn't going to shine unless you're going to top tier hard bosses.

Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited January 2020
    unless your fully geared :/ on bosses and other maps as well if not well... the road is gonna get tough for a player.
  • TheXbowMTheXbowM
    Reactions: 630
    Hey, this may be a stretch into the wild, but take a look at Cadena? It's NOT what we had 20-30 years ago, but they're a really promising up and coming character at the moment. Them, and the new one I forget the name, I think Adele?