[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.219 Awake: Flicker of Light Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character transfer

nekoi1988nekoi1988
Reactions: 820
Posts: 2
Member
edited January 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi, Please make a character transfer event. I wasn’t playing a while and now when I’m back the windia (aurora) is dead now... It will help a lot! Please consider this... Or maybe merge with Bera? Almost all of my friends moved there...
WONDERGUY
  1. Will You transfer your char?17 votes
    1. Yes
       71% (12 votes)
    2. No
       29% (5 votes)

Comments

  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,966
    Posts: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    Even if there were a transfer event (which there shouldn't be, imo), Bera would be closed off during it.
  • ChoicesChoices
    Reactions: 1,150
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited January 2020
    KMS is getting a world transfer in their Rise patch, I think GMS should be getting one as well, with all servers open, Bera included. I don't like how users think players within the less populated worlds shouldn't get the opportunity to play in other worlds. So I'm for the event.
    UnemployedWONDERGUY
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,966
    Posts: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    Which would result in another mass immigration to one single server, leaving dead servers even more dead.
    The previous transfer event was a huge mistake, having another one would also be a mistake. If the transfer had never happened and they had merged the servers as they are now, then they would all have a pretty healthy population.

    If the population is still struggling to the point where people are eager to leave then they should be looking into more full merges to fix that issue before even considering a transfer event.
    SlicedTimePirateIzzyAaronHusky
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,365
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited January 2020
    Choices wrote: »
    KMS is getting a world transfer in their Rise patch, I think GMS should be getting one as well, with all servers open, Bera included. I don't like how users think players within the less populated worlds shouldn't get the opportunity to play in other worlds. So I'm for the event.

    Do you want the previously-merged worlds to be even more dead than they are? Because that's the only thing this sort of thinking will accomplish. The notion of "if it dies, it dies" is not one they can base decisions off of. They can't, won't, just open up unrestricted transfers and be like "screw the smaller servers, go wherever you want".
  • UnemployedUnemployed
    Reactions: 1,900
    Posts: 78
    Member
    edited January 2020
    As someone who world transferred earlier, I have alot of items and NX items that I purchased that are sitting in other servers with no use. I spent alot of money on them. I would like to get the option to move them via the Character Transfer event, as someone mentioned, KMS is getting a world transfer too.

    The point that you're bringing up about those servers being more dead, it's honestly irrelevant. Most of the fanbase in this game is active for a few years, most of us already transferred. All the people who want quiet worlds are in there. Releasing another World Transfer would not change the numbers of each server.
    Closing down the most popular server would be a valid option, but I still request and demand this event, to be able to use my items and NX items that I purchased in other worlds.
    Lets face it, that IS the main reason everyone wants this event to happen. Making a new main in a different world is SO EASY. The loss of your precious items is the actual ISSUE.
    WONDERGUY
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,966
    Posts: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    Unemployed wrote: »
    As someone who world transferred earlier, I have alot of items and NX items that I purchased that are sitting in other servers with no use. I spent alot of money on them. I would like to get the option to move them via the Character Transfer event, as someone mentioned, KMS is getting a world transfer too.

    The point that you're bringing up about those servers being more dead, it's honestly irrelevant. Most of the fanbase in this game is active for a few years, most of us already transferred. All the people who want quiet worlds are in there. Releasing another World Transfer would not change the numbers of each server.
    Closing down the most popular server would be a valid option, but I still request and demand this event, to be able to use my items and NX items that I purchased in other worlds.
    Lets face it, that IS the main reason everyone wants this event to happen. Making a new main in a different world is SO EASY. The loss of your precious items is the actual ISSUE.

    I don't think you have any idea why people want the event. The vast majority of the people asking for it are doing so because like OP, they missed the last one due to inactivity and now all their friends left them, and others who now regret staying in their server or aren't satisfied with the results of the merge but are too attached to their main and their legion to start fresh.
    You are in the minority who just want to bring cosmetic items over. I'd say your point is more irrelevant than the ones myself and others have brought up.

    To elaborate: The issues with having a transfer event far outweighs the individual benefits.
    Dead servers becoming more dead is absolutely something Nexon should avoid. It's about having a healthy population and market, which honestly none of them really have right now because of the poorly planned transfer event. Bera's supply is too high for the demand, and the opposite in dead servers (which in turn, makes them less appealing). You'll also have problems finding funded enough players to take on hard bosses in some servers.
    It's just not healthy to open up world transfers again without addressing the population issues beforehand, which they should have done in the first place, then we wouldn't have this problem.

    If the population really is that bad then Nexon should first evaluate which servers to merge, then monitor the results of that merge, if the population is healthy, if the market is comparable to other markets, then they can open up transfers for 1-3 characters per person. So that only those who really want to move to be with their old friends, will move their main(s) and bring only their most important items with them. They could hold a CS transfer during that time too.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,966
    Posts: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    whoops double'd
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 2,960
    Posts: 493
    Member
    edited January 2020
    we most likely get one aswell when the update comes this summer from KMS

    nexonNA dont need to waste their time again and "monitor" whats allready dead if they properly merge the worlds there wont be "dead worlds get even more dead"
    HHG1 wrote: »
    Dead servers becoming more dead is absolutely something Nexon should avoid. It's about having a healthy population and market, which honestly none of them really have right now because of the poorly planned transfer event. Bera's supply is too high for the demand, and the opposite in dead servers (which in turn, makes them less appealing). You'll also have problems finding funded enough players to take on hard bosses in some servers.
    thats result of poor merge and "carefull monitoring by nexonNA KMS copy/paste " is dead servers becomeing more dead and cant be fixed other then leting them join-merge
    market health/ population health thats other story cough hackers,p2w,server stability-bugs....cough


    i agree with
    Unemployed wrote: »
    The point that you're bringing up about those servers being more dead, it's honestly irrelevant. Most of the fanbase in this game is active for a few years, most
    Lets face it, that IS the main reason everyone wants this event to happen. Making a new main in a different world is SO EASY. The loss of your precious items is the actual ISSUE.
    and
    Choices wrote: »
    KMS is getting a world transfer in their Rise patch, I think GMS should be getting one as well, with all servers open, Bera included. I don't like how users think players within the less populated worlds shouldn't get the opportunity to play in other worlds. So I'm for the event.

    also noone remake the old acc in dead world just to join next world where same issues(p2w,hackers,bugs)are around and potential to become next dead again unless strat in reboot
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,155
    Posts: 5,951
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    KMS has world transfer events pretty often.
    We haven't copied those particular events over since the ill-fated one that made Bera painfully overcrowded and all other worlds "dead".
    HuskyDM
  • nekoi1988nekoi1988
    Reactions: 820
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited January 2020
    OK sooo... I want to play with my friends and thats one reason. Second as someone mentioned is lots of CS items and hair/faces I have have on „old” chars in windia/aurora. Windia/aurora cant be more dead I guess... ppl would just quit playing the server than playing all alone. So merge it with other server or transfer char is only option. Btw after the „android” patch Bera is pretty dead too... so better make 2 worlds with ppl then 5 with few...
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,365
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited January 2020
    "It can't be any more dead than it already is, so they should let us really drive the nail into the coffin"
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 2,960
    Posts: 493
    Member
    edited January 2020

    dont transfer players in to "my" world unless they make new char/acc
    i "care" for market health/economy
    am not selfish am just trying to control it for my benefits



    btw
    AKradian wrote: »
    KMS has world transfer events pretty often.
    We haven't copied those particular events over since the ill-fated one that made Bera painfully overcrowded and all other worlds "dead".

    KMS got them often because they care for their worlds health on time
    once world "dies" there is no fix but to merge in to biger world
    but nexonNA seems like dont care and even reverted the CH's back to 20 lol no sh.t will be painfully overcrowded
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,365
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited January 2020
    It's amazing how so many people want to have their cake and eat it too. People want more world transfers "because kms does them really often". But when pottable badges, a thing kms does not have, are removed, people cry about how "we're not kms we should have exclusive content" or something.

    Make up your minds. Which is it?
  • UnemployedUnemployed
    Reactions: 1,900
    Posts: 78
    Member
    edited February 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    It's amazing how so many people want to have their cake and eat it too. People want more world transfers "because kms does them really often". But when pottable badges, a thing kms does not have, are removed, people cry about how "we're not kms we should have exclusive content" or something.

    Make up your minds. Which is it?
    what am i reading???????
    badges have nothing to do with the topic, you're just here to party poop on people who want a transfer. annoying, unnecessary and selfish. if you have nothing to add, don't respond. why advocate to not grant people's wishes? i never get people like this.
    WONDERGUYOdedxxx1z
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,365
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited February 2020
    Unemployed wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    It's amazing how so many people want to have their cake and eat it too. People want more world transfers "because kms does them really often". But when pottable badges, a thing kms does not have, are removed, people cry about how "we're not kms we should have exclusive content" or something.

    Make up your minds. Which is it?
    what am i reading???????
    badges have nothing to do with the topic, you're just here to party poop on people who want a transfer. annoying, unnecessary and selfish. if you have nothing to add, don't respond. why advocate to not grant people's wishes? i never get people like this.

    After the last transfer event, with no restrictions on the number of characters transferred, people were able to uproot their entire existences on one server and move to another. Most people chose bera. If they had run this transfer period the same way they ran the very first one(max of six characters could be moved), then there wouldn't have been this much of a problem. But to allow transfers with no numerical limit was an incredible mistake.

    If they ever ran another world transfer event, there would more than likely be more restrictions on how many characters could be transferred, and you can bet bera would be completely blocked off from inbound transfers.

    I don't know if you've noticed, but whenever people gripe about wanting a transfer event, the undertone is "all my friends moved all their characters to bera and I want to do the same". And that kind of transfer event simply will not happen again. So please, spare me the appeal to emotion with your "why advocate not to grant people's wishes" line.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 2,960
    Posts: 493
    Member
    edited February 2020
    Unemployed wrote: »
    what am i reading???????
    badges have nothing to do with the topic, you're just here to party poop on people who want a transfer. annoying, unnecessary and selfish. if you have nothing to add, don't respond. why advocate to not grant people's wishes? i never get people like this.
    just ignore :) dont get bait on boredphine trap to argue with
    transfer should be open for all without any limits just like acc create is
    its not players fault that their world is dead so they must be punished with remake or stay in in dead world

    but their self benefits/ranking >good game system
    they dont care if you make new acc but care if you move your old acc instead lol
  • Pierobs20Pierobs20
    Reactions: 200
    Post: 1
    Member
    edited May 2020
    Por favor quisiera que vuelvan a activar la opcion de trasferencia ya que no juego hace 3 años y losp personajes donde jugaba con mi hermano se cambiaron y ahora el está en Reebot y yo en Elsyum y quisiera volver a jugar con el si pudieran por favor
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,635
    Posts: 376
    Member
    edited May 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    It's amazing how so many people want to have their cake and eat it too. People want more world transfers "because kms does them really often". But when pottable badges, a thing kms does not have, are removed, people cry about how "we're not kms we should have exclusive content" or something.

    Make up your minds. Which is it?

    Well of course the best of both worlds. What works on KMS won't work here, would be better to do a case by case selection. You can have both transfers and badges for example, it doesn't have to be one or the other.
    AKradian wrote: »
    KMS has world transfer events pretty often.
    We haven't copied those particular events over since the ill-fated one that made Bera painfully overcrowded and all other worlds "dead".

    KMS has it often also because they are filled to the brim and constantly make new ones. Honestly seeing just the login it would be better to do a merge of Scania, Aurora and Elysium, or at least Aurora and Elysium. I really cannot understand the decision of merging the previously most dead worlds into Elysium as if that would have done anything.
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,350
    Posts: 169
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    Both Khroa and GRAZED were pretty small so I think it made sense. Even after the merge, Elysium is still the least populated NA world, so there wasn't much risk in merging them either. Better than having them pre-merge I suppose.

    I think a merge of Aurora and Elysium would be fine if it was to happen, but Scania, Aurora, and Elysium I could see being problematic because the resulting world would have more people than Bera, and Bera is already known for being crowded and kind of wonky.

    I don't think a transfer now would be a good idea either. It'd polarize world populations again and make populated worlds overpopulated, and "dead" servers even more dead. That's not good for the game's health.
  • thasggthasgg
    Reactions: 660
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited September 2020
    please world transfer..