[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Black Swordsman/ Beater Medals

6ixSideTing6ixSideTing
Reactions: 310
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
They should make Black Swordsman/ Beater Medals ACCOUNT tradeable, or account tradeable ONCE.
Yakudle

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    This is one of the very few suggestions that CM Artasi actually answered, back in the old forums. And the answer was "No".
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/community#/showthread.php?1410228-Account-tradable-Beater-medal
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited October 2016
    arkadian
    This is one of the very few suggestions that CM Artasi actually answered, back in the old forums. And the answer was "No"

well that person is no longer CM so it doesnt matter
    i support this suggestion
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    I suport it because some people like to play on multiple characters so needing to get the medal on every char they play is quite annoying(even tought it's one of the best medals of the game and i don't know if they would do that...).

The SAO event should at least be something that happen every year so people could get the medal if they missed it.
  • JorjaxJorjax
    Reactions: 865
    edited October 2016
    Supported. +1

Unless they released a better medal than SAO's beater medal.....

Off-topic: Maybe something like Maplestory x League of Legend with Champion Medal.. that would be nice.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

The SAO event should at least be something that happen every year so people could get the medal if they missed it.
    That is not going to happen. Nexon had a licensing agreement with who or whatever entity owns the rights of SAO so as to use names and likenesses of characters and such in the game. That licensing agreement has long since expired.

That and, what you guys are missing is that the Beater medal was awarded for the highest clear counts of each world. This was a medal that you had to sink actual money into the game to even have a chance of obtaining.

And @Yakudle, just because he's no longer the CM does not make his decisions any less relevant. And that was more than likely a decision made above him and he, as the CM, passed it on to players.
    Ivangold
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited November 2016
    Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

arkadian
    This is one of the very few suggestions that CM Artasi actually answered, back in the old forums. And the answer was "No"

Artasi is not the one who decided no and neither will any community manager. They're just the messenger, why would you think Kthxbainao would give you a different answer.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    DepressedAran

Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

arkadian

Artasi is not the one who decided no and neither will any community manager. They're just the messenger, why would you think Kthxbainao would give you a different answer.

I think a lot of people either completely miss or simply overlook the fact that a Community Manager, is just that. They, as the title implies, manage the community. They're honestly little more than a typical forum admin, in that while they manage the official company-run forum, they also manage the social media accounts that represent said company.

TL;DR: Michael's responsibilities are the forum, facebook, twitter, youtube, instagram, twitch and very little else. He is not the one to bring ban appeals to, nor tech support issues.
  • YakudleYakudle
    edited November 2016
    agraphine
    just because he's no longer the CM does not make his decisions any less relevant
    and? CMs dont have the final word soo yea not relevant here
    depressed aran
    why would you think Kthxbainao would give you a different answer.
    well you dont even know what am thinking to being with lol and if he actually does post here... well guess what its part of his job
    shocking isnt it? but any staff or volunteer could do it anyways soo

• UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited November 2016
    Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

But he didn't say no himself, Nexon said no. So Nexon has already denied this suggestion, technically. But if you wanna try again, go ahead. Just be educated on what a CM does. When they say no, they usually are relaying Nexon's own words unless they say otherwise.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

But he didn't say no himself, Nexon said no. So Nexon has already denied this suggestion, technically. But if you wanna try again, go ahead. Just be educated on what a CM does. When they say no, they usually are relaying Nexon's own words unless they say otherwise.
    The CM is Nexon's community-facing representative. Whatever decisions they tell us came from above them. The decision on the Beater medal came from above Artasi and, as our CM at the time, he delivered the decision to us by way of the forums. Just because one person is no longer in the position they were when a decision was given, does not invalidate it.

@Yakudle you've also contradicted yourself now. You first say that, because Artasi is no longer the CM, what he said no longer matters. But then you go on to say that CMs "don't have the final word", and that it's "not relevant here". Which is it?
  • YakudleYakudle
    edited November 2016
    Uzume
    But he didn't say no himself, Nexon said no. So Nexon has already denied this suggestion, technically.
    But if you wanna try again, go ahead. Just be educated on what a CM does. When they say no, they usually are relaying Nexon's own words unless they say otherwise.
    show me when in this forum this suggestion its denied by nexon? i dont see it
    this suggestion is not even made by me to begin with soo please educate yourself instead of blaming someone thats supports the suggestion?

agraphine
    The CM is Nexon's community-facing representative. Whatever decisions they tell us came from above them. The decision on the Beater medal came from above Artasi and, as our CM at the time, he delivered the decision to us by way of the forums. Just because one person is no longer in the position they were when a decision was given, does not invalidate it.
    you've also contradicted yourself now. You first say that, because Artasi is no longer the CM, what he said no longer matters. But then you go on to say that CMs "don't have the final word", and that it's "not relevant here". Which is it?

cm´s are just a filter everyone knows that already unless you love to repeat yourself~
    answers given for the suggestion in the old forums are not relevant now
    because nexon staff its not giving answers for this particular suggestion regardless of being similar to the one in the old forums
    one thing its truth i never contradict myself, instead you didnt fully understood what i meant and by that, anyways what its relevant now its answers from nexon not other players unless you want to plead "no" for some love to the real heroes of maple world the explorers~{instead of phantom *juck* kinesis *pukes*}
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited November 2016
    Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

show me when in this forum this suggestion its denied by nexon? i dont see it
    this suggestion is not even made by me to begin with soo please educate yourself instead of blaming someone thats supports the suggestion?
    Uhm, sorry but no. The COMMUNITY MANAGERS go to Nexon for what their answers are, and when a CM like Artasi or KThxBaiNao comes back and gives a clear "NO" that means NEXON THEMSELVES said NO. What do you think a Community Manager is? Just an admin? They work AT Nexon Headquarters, they ARE Nexon Employees. Also blaming? What? Where was I blaming anyone? And for what?
    Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

answers given for the suggestion in the old forums are not relevant now
    Except they are, because Nexon said it and changing the forums mean nothing? Like I said, you're free to try again to get a suggestion accepted just keep in mind that, in the past, Nexon has said no and the chances for them saying no again is highly likely. (Also keep in mind, when I say try again I don't mean to indicate that you started this suggestion, I know you didn't, but you support it and that's what I mean. And you seem to be the only one arguing for it so badly..)

If you truly desire to argue against what a CM is or whatever, then come PM me. Because I'll converse with you about this as long as you want in PMs. I won't be replying publicly after this, since I don't wanna clutter up this suggestion.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    the CM is literally the messenger between Nexon and the community.

he takes info and questions from the community and forwards it to the important people at nexon and then, if he can, he forwards the response from the people at Nexon back to the community.

and if you want to see where it was denied, it was right here

Just because the forums were upgraded doesn't mean that Nexon changed their minds on the decisions made.
    UzumeAggraphine
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    ppl anvil it to look good but otherwise those should and will be exclusive.