[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

NA-EU migration on November 10

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2016 in General Chat
http://en.maplestory.nexoneu.com/Maple.aspx?Part=/News/Notice&mode=view&uid=6542

The two European servers will be merged (not allied) into one.
I haven't been able to figure out what will happen to characters or storage slots in use above the maximum.
Also (not sure if as a result of that or of something else), guilds, buddy lists, and even weddings will be dissolved.

I wonder whether the Europeans are being guinea pigs for an eventual GMS server merge?

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Of course not KMS have already merged servers before so no they aren't "guinea pigs" it make sense though to merge them in my view anyway.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Now I have to make a spreadsheet with all the IGN's of my buddies. And guild.
  • WildFreekWildFreek
    Reactions: 1,445
    edited November 2016
    This exciting for us EU maplers, but well it certainly has a lot of bad things to it in my opinion. I guess we just have to see what happens. Let's just hope they don't fail migration accounts/characters/items or something.
  • PermolasPermolas
    Reactions: 340
    edited November 2016
    The Kradia and Demethos merge should have happened a lot of years ago. Better late than never I guess.
    Perceptivity
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    WildFreek
    WildFreek said:

This exciting for us EU maplers, but well it certainly has a lot of bad things to it in my opinion. I guess we just have to see what happens. Let's just hope they don't fail migration accounts/characters/items or something.
    I recommend taking screenshots or video of everything you have (accounts, characters, items, skills, collections, quest log, etc).
    Not that I think Nexon will bother to restore anything if they do mess up, but maybe you'll get a few more spell traces as compensation.
    WiceakRikNLLilyflowerAlexF
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

http://en.maplestory.nexoneu.com/Maple.aspx?Part=/News/Notice&mode=view&uid=6542
    I wonder whether the Europeans are being guinea pigs for an eventual GMS server merge?
    If GMS gets a server merge, it better be with KMS. At least then we will get a proper voice on what the hell goes on in the game. Really tired of that "it's bugged" excuse GMS is giving about the Auction House and Instant Name changes.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

If GMS gets a server merge, it better be with KMS. At least then we will get a proper voice on what the hell goes on in the game. Really tired of that "it's bugged" excuse GMS is giving about the Auction House and Instant Name changes.
    I was talking about server merge, not service merge.
    Just as EMS Kradia and Demethos are turning into a single world, Luna, we might eventually end up with just ~5 worlds in the GMS server select screen, instead of the 18 we have now.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Just as EMS Kradia and Demethos are turning into a single world, Luna, we might eventually end up with just ~5 worlds in the GMS server select screen, instead of the 18 we have now.
    wait after this migration we will only have 5 worlds in gms if so its gonna be terrible :/.

BIackbean
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower

AKradian
    AKradian said:

AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

wait after this migration we will only have 5 worlds in gms if so its gonna be terrible :/.

No, no, no.
    We still have our 18 worlds in various alliances.

I was speculating that maybe the European world merge (of their two worlds into one) was a test-run of what might eventually happen to GMS.
    Pure speculation.
    No cause for alarm.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Lilyflower

AKradian
    AKradian said:

AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

No, no, no.
    We still have our 18 worlds in various alliances.

I was speculating that maybe the European world merge (of their two worlds into one) was a test-run of what might eventually happen to GMS.
    Pure speculation.
    No cause for alarm.
    oh okay lol i was kinda confused on the description.

BIackbean
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

WildFreek
    WildFreek said:

I recommend taking screenshots or video of everything you have (accounts, characters, items, skills, collections, quest log, etc).
    Not that I think Nexon will bother to restore anything if they do mess up, but maybe you'll get a few more spell traces as compensation.
    Judging by this
    The amount of character slots you will have in Luna will be the higher value of either
    character slots or characters created in either Kradia or Demethos.

*If the total number of characters in both worlds exceed the maximum amount (40), all of your
    characters will transfer to Luna. If you delete characters that are over the maximum amount,
    no character slots will be freed until you delete characters below the maximum amount.

The amount of Storage slots you will have in Luna will be the higher value of either the
    number of items in the Storage or the number of Storage slots in either Kradia or Demethos.
    I'd say it would be a safe bet to remove all of your items from storage on however many characters are necessary to do so.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

AKradian
    AKradian said:

WildFreek
    WildFreek said:

Judging by this
    The amount of character slots you will have in Luna will be the higher value of either

*If the total number of characters in both worlds exceed the maximum amount (40), all of your
    characters will transfer to Luna. If you delete characters that are over the maximum amount,
    no character slots will be freed until you delete characters below the maximum amount.

The amount of Storage slots you will have in Luna will be the higher value of either the
    number of items in the Storage or the number of Storage slots in either Kradia or Demethos.
    I'd say it would be a safe bet to remove all of your items from storage on however many characters are necessary to do so.

TBH, I don't understand what they're saying about character slots and storage.

Let's say I have 10 characters on Demethos and 20 on Kradia, and no empty slots on either.
    According to the first sentence, this means I will have 20 character slots on Luna.

But according to the second paragraph, all 30 of my characters will be transferred?
    Or is that only if I have over 40, and if I'm at 30 I'm screwed?

And about storage. Let's say I have 80 slots in Kradia, all full, and 12 slots in Demethos, also full.
    So I'll have 80 slots on Luna? Or 92? And which items will be in the storage (assuming I don't remove them all)?

Also, removing everything from storage is not always possible. I have some stuff in my storage thats "tradeable once in account". If I take it out, it will be stuck on that character. I suspect some Europeans have the same sort of items in their storage, as well.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Aggraphine

AKradian
    AKradian said:

WildFreek
    WildFreek said:

Judging by this

TBH, I don't understand what they're saying about character slots and storage.

Let's say I have 10 characters on Demethos and 20 on Kradia, and no empty slots on either.
    According to the first sentence, this means I will have 20 character slots on Luna.

But according to the second paragraph, all 30 of my characters will be transferred?
    Or is that only if I have over 40, and if I'm at 30 I'm screwed?

And about storage. Let's say I have 80 slots in Kradia, all full, and 12 slots in Demethos, also full.
    So I'll have 80 slots on Luna? Or 92? And which items will be in the storage (assuming I don't remove them all)?

Also, removing everything from storage is not always possible. I have some stuff in my storage thats "tradeable once in account". If I take it out, it will be stuck on that character. I suspect some Europeans have the same sort of items in their storage, as well.

I know what it means cause they did the same in KMS when they did their last few merges.

Basically, Using your example of 10 on one server and 20 in the other, what they mean is you will own 20 character slots total in the new server, if you have all 30 characters slots used, they will still be placed into the same world, but, if you delete one, you will not get a free space back as the max amount they have set will be 20 (the highest amount you had out of the 2) but you can buy more slots to make them available again.
    However, if you had max on one or both worlds then all the characters will be moved to the same world, but if you delete them you will not get any spaces back and will not be able to get any spaces back.

storage is a little more tricky, as I hadn't had many items in the storage in any of the merging worlds in KMS at that time, but the slot amount works same way as the character slots described above. Using your example, you will end up with 80 slots set as the max unlocked. I dont know what happens if you have lots of items in the storage though.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Did KMS also reset guilds, marriages, and buddy lists, on world merge?
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Why aren't the GMS merged but only allianced. When all servers are merged you have 8 worlds wouldn't that be much more orderly?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    RikNL
    RikNL said:

Why aren't the GMS merged but only allianced. When all servers are merged you have 8 worlds wouldn't that be much more orderly?
    It would.
    But, at first, the alliances were smaller. And it was easier to ally than to merge, because it saves the headache of how to handle accounts that have too many characters, or too many storage slots, or too many meso in storage.
    And as time passed and alliances got bigger, the number of people with too many characters, etc, got even higher, making the potential headache more painful.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

if there were guilds on each of the servers with the same name they were renamed to have the last 3 letters of the server they use to be part of
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Catooolooo

AKradian
    AKradian said:

if there were guilds on each of the servers with the same name they were renamed to have the last 3 letters of the server they use to be part of
    That makes sense.

But with this "migration", it seems they're completely dissolving all guilds, buddy lists, and marriages. I can't imagine why that's necessary. If they really want Luna to survive (despite many people probably leaving for Reboot), destroying all the old high-level guilds is probably not the right way to go about it.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Catooolooo

AKradian
    AKradian said:

That makes sense.

But with this "migration", it seems they're completely dissolving all guilds, buddy lists, and marriages. I can't imagine why that's necessary. If they really want Luna to survive (despite many people probably leaving for Reboot), destroying all the old high-level guilds is probably not the right way to go about it.
    I agree, not really sure why that has to be done for this merge
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited November 2016
    Since the current reboot world is in NA, I wonder a 2nd reboot world will be opened for EU players or they will have to deal with the current one.