[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

how do you get past the laser in the cancer jq?

dorkydorky
Reactions: 730
in General Chat
so, usually id figure it out but since nexon strangely decided to make their event terrible and made it so if you fail the jq (read only memories quest) you get kicked out to the lobby and cant do it again for a few hours... can someone help me with the jump quest? how do i get past the laser? is there a walkthrough up for this yet? sick of finally getting into the thing only to fail and have to wait ages to return
WONDERGUY

Comments

• dorkydorky
    edited January 2020
    plz send help :(
    WONDERGUY
  • aroaroraroaror
    Reactions: 930
    edited January 2020
    its frustating. the glory event was so fun
    WONDERGUY
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2020
    Time the laser such that the laser is both the closest towards the exit direction and is disappearing as it's moving towards you. Walk through it as it disappears.

The pattern is very simple if you take a moment to watch it.
  • dorkydorky
    edited January 2020
    Neospector wrote: »
    Time the laser such that the laser is both the closest towards the exit direction and is disappearing as it's moving towards you. Walk through it as it disappears.

The pattern is very simple if you take a moment to watch it.

i dont see a pattern it is just solid laser moving back and forth, it never disappears @______@
  • dorkydorky
    edited January 2020
    screw this, i dont want to play maplestory anymore, this is pathetic
    im gonna find another game
    WONDERGUY
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited January 2020
    Watch some guides on youtube about wondroid and just keep watching the lasars till you get the pattern down, also if you cant make it past the lasars you're gonna have a tough time with the last level gas shooters, it took me 2 hours the very first time I did it but now I can easily clear the jumpquest under 15 minutes, just keep practicing.
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited February 2020
    Lasers follow the same pattern based on timing.

For example, let's say a stationary laser turns on for 2 seconds and then turns off for 2 seconds. Then you know the window of time that it's safe to move across.

A moving laser might also turn on and off for 2 seconds, but then say it takes 3 seconds to move left and then 3 seconds to move right, the point where it turns on and off will change, but if you wait long enough you will see that a recurring pattern.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2020
    dorky wrote: »
    screw this, i dont want to play maplestory anymore, this is pathetic
    im gonna find another game

It's not the game's fault you're too impatient to watch for and learn patterns. Just because you can't brute-force an event that's known for being puzzle-oriented doesn't mean it's pathetic, but hey if you want to go find a game where you can just beat your face against a wall with no regard for timing and patterns, you go right ahead. Might I suggest the newest Call of Duty?
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2020
    Highly recommend using youtube guides as mentioned above. Practice makes perfect so don't give up!
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    but hey if you want to go find a game where you can just beat your face against a wall with no regard for timing and patterns, you go right ahead. Might I suggest the newest Call of Duty?

Hardpoint and Headquarters would like a word with you >:U.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2020
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    Hardpoint and Headquarters would like a word with you >:U.

I'd have suggested Fortnite, but even that requires some level of critical thinking when it comes to gathering resources and building structures. At least with Call of Duty he would be sufficiently unchallenged in the manner of gameplay.

On a somewhat more serious note, his post has to be the funniest thing I've seen in quite a while. The wondroid event is known to be rather brutal, but rewarding, in its difficulty, and I'd be willing to bet that a large portion of the old school "jump quests were fun" crowd love this event for that reason. To call it "pathetic" because you can't be bothered to watch for a pattern...
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited February 2020
    dorky wrote: »
    so, usually id figure it out but since nexon strangely decided to make their event terrible and made it so if you fail the jq (read only memories quest) you get kicked out to the lobby and cant do it again for a few hours... can someone help me with the jump quest? how do i get past the laser? is there a walkthrough up for this yet? sick of finally getting into the thing only to fail and have to wait ages to return

Unless you're in reboot, you realllllllllllllly don't have to do wondroid event. Rewards are crap unless you're in reboot anyway, so just don't do it if you're in normal server
  • DarkDaveDarkDave
    Reactions: 980
    edited February 2020
    its 100% doable... did jump quest with or without bugs
    https://imgur.com/a/6SfR8Xr
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited February 2020
    DarkDave wrote: »
    its 100% doable... did jump quest with or without bugs
    f669a1c5e45679a130649c4d13d03bcd-full.png

Yes you already said it in suggestion thread. Good job. But no one's exactly talking about whether it's "doable" or not.