[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Memory Leak] Game not fully exiting on close

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    This issue still exists after the patch and was not listed under bugs fixed. @Ghiblee
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Issue appears to be fixed, but not listed in the bug fixes for the unscheduled maint on Nov 22nd.
    Is anyone still having this issue?
  • penguin556penguin556
    Reactions: 330
    I still have it.
    FuhreakxBeastHeroWONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    It came back for me as well.
  • xBeastHeroxBeastHero
    Reactions: 990
    edited December 2019
    Can confirm this is still happening to me, I am running windows 10.

The process just doesn't shut down and you have to manually shut off MapleStory process and Nexon Security also. Hoping for a fix soon!
    WONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    Bump as a reminder that this is still an ongoing issue. The game 9 times out of 10 does not close fully and continues to eat up memory.
    If we can have someone forward this to Nexon or confirm that it has been forwarded already that would be great.
  • BandaBanda
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited January 2020
    time they found a solution for this one, really annoying
    WONDERGUY
  • xBeastHeroxBeastHero
    edited January 2020
    Can confirm this is an issue occuring on every OS and still ongoing! They really need to fix this... it happens on steam or nexon launcher..

Proper steps to reproduce the issue:

Go ingame ( Play for a while..) and then press alt+ f4 to close the game ( or even use the button) and the game process won't shutdown. it'll just keep hanging as a " sleeping " process and use memory.

this issue is rather annoying because we cannot reopen the game when this happen..

It's the same thing with the random crashes occuring when on login screen or ingame..
    WONDERGUY
  • DuceliaLindaDuceliaLinda
    Reactions: 480
    edited February 2020
    this problem continue to today and worst .. since the event of wondroid the consume in the perfomance of the cpu is high and ms not closed too properly
    WONDERGUYruth02
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited February 2020
    the last memo does not solve anything ..... the game is unstable at times
    WONDERGUY
  • xBeastHeroxBeastHero
    edited February 2020
    I can confirm that the issue is NOT fixed with latest maintenance. I still get random crashes/ Memory leaks Especially when exiting cashshop/auction house or doing anything server changing related ( Change channel etc). The game just freeze then, you crash.
    WONDERGUY
  • KevinZamoraKevinZamora
    Reactions: 600
    edited February 2020
    after a few months decided return to the game, the result is too much memory, too much lag with lag spikes, Maplestory takes up too much performance more than other games ... PLEASE team nexon fix this
    WONDERGUY
  • KevinZamoraKevinZamora
    Reactions: 600
    edited February 2020
    after a few months decided return to the game, the result is too much memory, too much lag with lag spikes, Maplestory takes up too much performance more than other games ... PLEASE team nexon fix this

well to today this continue the problem... remove nexon launcher and back the old launcher ! my cpu is a intel core i7-9700K .... card graphic of 4gb... the high perfomance is really in this game is too much other games ( wow. fornite, red redemption) run normal ...
    WONDERGUYxBeastHero
  • xBeastHeroxBeastHero
    edited February 2020
    Well there are other issues related to that.. After the long run, the game starts to take so much memory that your client just freeze... sometimes you even have to restart your whole computer.. this is not normal at all i've an i7-9600k with 4GB ram graphic also.. and 12GB ram.... this game should be able to run on those specs flawlessly. Nexon should really make this issue a PRIORITY especially since it affect training and make us lose our buffs....
    WONDERGUY
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited February 2020
    after the last maintenance this problem continues .. the use of the cpu is in 80 to 90% only in maplestory ... because nexon company do not solve this problem of memory
    WONDERGUY
  • GeanluckGeanluck
    edited February 2020
    later of study a time and return to the game , my cpu in the game is colapsing .. in my task manager show a use extreme 100% in a high performance wow , i cant play due to freeze and lag . dude .. fix the problem please my cpu run other game is perfect
    WONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    Personally I only get the won't close bug, a friend of mine has won't close + memory leaks.
    I've also heard of a lot of people with both of those plus CPU maxing out.
    If we could get some kind of confirmation from Nexon that this is an issue they're looking into, that would be nice.
    I could not find nor recall any maple memos that address this fact.
    Other than this topic being moved from Bug Reports to Tech Support and one post from @scholar624
    Nexon or the VFM haven't seem to have noticed/acknowledged this ongoing issue.

These issues seem to originate from the update near the date of the original post, as I nor my friends had any similar issues before that patch.
    WONDERGUY
  • GeanluckGeanluck
    edited February 2020
    the priority of the technical service is to come here and observe the problems of the users in the game, reading not only in mapleforum on other websites, the posts of high performance use are many, crash in the game launcher, problems of visual studio .. they have the obligation to respond and fix the problem and this problem is years and worse with this latest patch and wondroid event.. , and cases of unjustified bans , bugs, dc and other problems but not observe this for example they, then? this gives us a vision that nexon is not helping his players .. the last memos do not help at all .. they only immerse the game more into the abyss with mediocre changes, post fan arts ..revamps, changes for only have more money ....etc ... why one gm of part of the nexon technical staff or production come here and give us some solution, changes or hope... for a future solution

no all the world we have a mega super archi ultra perfect cpu like you have fuhreak, and anyones post this problems here http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/26843/known-issue-1-29-after-maintenance/p2
    WONDERGUYmicrowave
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited February 2020
    dont mess with cpu,bios and all that its nexon fault

its 2020 everyone got windows 10 , 4+gb ram and 2+ghz cpu ( if you dont then am sorry but its time for update or deal with it as long as you can)
    also nexon cant use the the excuse there is many OS system anymore and how they cant make it work for all . microsoft ended support on other windows and focuses on windows 10 only now so
    its time for nexon to update the game and replace ### RECOMMENDED system requirements with minimum
    windows 7 support end started in 2015 or something and ended fuly at start of 2020

so its time for nexon to focus on as minimum
    Windows 10
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 3.0Ghz
    Memory: At least 4GB RAM
    Hard Drive: At least 20GB of free space
    Graphics Card: GeForce 9600 GT / ATI Radeon HD 3870
    Sound: DirectX 9.0 or higher compatible sound card
    Network: Broadband Internet connection

its long lasting issue so good luck i dont think we are going to see any major update on this apart from cashop updates
  • microwavemicrowave
    Reactions: 425
    edited February 2020
    well ... i have the same problem, slow play, freezes, sometimes a high use of my cpu memory only in this game ... but the actions. think it does not exist , my cpu is win 7 ultimate 500gb disk amd ryzen 5 etc etc ...