[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Any Thoughts or Feelings on the new MVP Changes?

fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
Reactions: 1,465
edited February 2020 in General Chat
Ambivalent for most of it since if players want more incentive for their hard-earned cash, so be it. But the one thing that struck me was replacing MVP buff with a chair version that can only be given if you fame the person (REMINDER: you can only fame a player once per day, and cannot fame the same person more than ONCE A MONTH). If I'm not mistaken, these high lvl MVPers also get a coupon version that is tradeable, which is..."all well and good" for normal servers, but even so, all around, this all seems quite dubious for us normal folk. Whether this goes through or not, or if they're just testing the waters, I can't help but feel sad about it. If they have enough incentive to even announce this makes me feel really on edge, and just makes me think "I guess just making the game good enough, isn't just good enough".

WONDERGUYdarik

Comments

• ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited February 2020
    it's just a cash grab, nothing new for nexon.
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2020
    My thoughts are: it just hit kmst, and is in no way indicative of the final product. I trust the Korean playerbase to push back against it hard enough that it never sees a live service environment.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    My thoughts are: it just hit kmst, and is in no way indicative of the final product. I trust the Korean playerbase to push back against it hard enough that it never sees a live service environment.

And then Nexon NA disregards that and brings it to us as a GMS exclusive.
    WONDERGUYdarikSlicedTime
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited February 2020
    i knew they will keep try to push some kind of "p2w luxury/cash grab" in reboot slowly over some period and try to justify " you dont need to pay can farm it"

also its just KMST for now yea i dont think it will go live server aswell without atmospheric buff
    its NEXON... and MVP changes aint big deal in KMS so wont be surprised if this "revmap" go through
    but
    MVP exclusive channels...
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited February 2020
    I can completely understand making of new mvp tiers and mvp exclusive channel. They're people who dump so much of their money into this game, so of course they rightly deserve some sort of exclusive benefits. They could've simply added new benefits for new mvp tiers and no one would complain about it. HOWEVER, this is nexon, so of course they're absolutely going to fk some $hit up to piss off their player base. Why on earth get rid of MVP map buff?? Why nerf all the mvp tiers and their overall benefits?? Tradable 50% mvp exp coupon?? They could've just made it stackable with mvp map buff and added it on top of MVP map buffs and other benefits that new tiers can get. Enjoyable winter is already horrendously overpriced at auction house, so we know that this mvp exp coupon will be sold for ALOT in auction house anyway. But they're just going to get rid of mvp map buff and replace it with tradable mvp coupon?? This isn't creating new mvp tiers to thank the mvps for spending that much money on their games. This is nerfing the overall mvp and adding a tiny extra benefits for new tiers. Ffs, they literally put in the patch note that benefits such as starforce discount, auction house benefit and daily gift benefit of new mvp tier is gonna be same as diamond. Not even the best nx lawyers graduated from Harvard law can defend this $hit. Pure 100% authentic 24 carat money hungry cash grab. Nothing more. Nothing less.
    WONDERGUY
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited February 2020
    They suck, im amazed how this even went through and live on test servers.
    The amount of greedyness nexon has is insane.
    I still defend that a subscription based mvp system( like 20-30-50 dollars per month) would attract way more customers, instead of only a few.
    WONDERGUY
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited February 2020
    I'm not sure why they couldn't just add the new stuff for the big spenders WITHOUT taking away stuff for the small spenders.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited February 2020
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    people who dump so much of their money into this game, so of course they rightly deserve some sort of exclusive benefits.

that breaks the p2w and purpose of being competitive in this game
    not just for reg servers(non-reboot wich is forcefully for quite some time taged as pay worlds so dosnt matter the changes)
    but this hits reboot aswell and breaks that meso only tag

also sure i can see from business side they deserve to make money
    but they ask for so much that it feels like scam and stealing for what they offer back (game servers,bugs,hackers...)

they cant make their dream 10b$ company price tag overnight like this
    darik
  • MipanyuMipanyu
    Reactions: 560
    edited February 2020
    What's the point of having bronze tier if they're just removing all the rewards :l Also the MVP exclusive channels sound nice... No hackers (maybe)! But majority of people won't be able to afford that u_u
    WONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/25791/mvp-subscription-system
    When I suggested an overhaul should be considered for MVP, this isn't what I meant Nexon.
    The idea was to make MVP more useful and accessible for common folk, not raise the bar and make it even more pay to win.
    They even used the idea of extra channels to make this new system "worth it." I trust KMS fanbase to pushback against this, hopefully Nexon won't ignore them.
    WONDERGUYdarik
  • MalvonMalvon
    Reactions: 1,340
    edited February 2020
    This new MVP seems 100% worse then the old one, Sure I guess spending up to $300 a month is a tad crazy for diamond rank; But looking at the new red and black rank is clearly insane $500 dollars a month for 3 months for red or $1000 dollars a month for 3 months.

Nobody should be ever be spending $500 to $1000 on a game per month, I don't care how good it might be. This creates more problems then it's worth and further divides the player base by giving them there own little slice of false eden and of course to get there you got sell your soul to the snake.
    WONDERGUYFuhreakdarikSlicedTime
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited February 2020
    after the last MEMoE and new dungeon Maple Tour with 300nx ticket for extra entry (better not include reboot)
    MVP changes seems nothing
    darik
  • OrionTempestOrionTempest
    Reactions: 775
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    MVP prices in general are outrageous, but I'm just kinda meh towards the whole thing, personally. I don't even bother grabbing my daily Bronze rewards as it is because I always get junk, and I never took part in MVP buffs anyway, so none of this affects me at all.
    WONDERGUY
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited February 2020
    know it they will and did made changes and still its under KMST !
    no wonder KMS market and player base is doing good
    no atmospheric buff and 2 MVP exclusive channels ( ch 1 for diamond/red/black and 1 for black was way to broken ) was just to much

although its nexon... and still many bad changes around its good to see KMS dont ignore their players that much
    lets see GMS reaction