[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon's Priority

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited February 2020
    Maybe linking ur facebook account is a good idea since itd pretty much public for anyone that searches ur name
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2020
    darik wrote: »
    Maybe linking ur facebook account is a good idea since itd pretty much public for anyone that searches ur name

There is nothing mandating that a facebook account be furnished with accurate, or even real, information. Hell, I had a facebook account at one point named after two different types of cheese with a dolphin in a naval dress uniform as the profile picture at one point for giveaways and such. Searching a name is meaningless when I could make an account named Blast Hardcheese and carry on with whatever I was doing that required me to make the account.

The point I attempt to make here is that anyone can make a facebook account and load it up with as much bogus information as possible. I don't want to completely dump on your idea, but I can see no way in which it would be helpful or even beneficial.
  • darikdarik
    edited February 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »

There is nothing mandating that a facebook account be furnished with accurate, or even real, information. Hell, I had a facebook account at one point named after two different types of cheese with a dolphin in a naval dress uniform as the profile picture at one point for giveaways and such. Searching a name is meaningless when I could make an account named Blast Hardcheese and carry on with whatever I was doing that required me to make the account.

The point I attempt to make here is that anyone can make a facebook account and load it up with as much bogus information as possible. I don't want to completely dump on your idea, but I can see no way in which it would be helpful or even beneficial.

While i agree with you,its also annoying to having to make anew fb account every single time a maple account gets banned cuz new fb also means u need to use a different email so ud need to make constantly new ones. This will slow down a lot the hackers.
    WONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020

While i agree with you,its also annoying to having to make anew fb account every single time a maple account gets banned cuz new fb also means u need to use a different email so ud need to make constantly new ones. This will slow down a lot the hackers.

There are plenty of ways to create emails quickly. Where have you been during the last 30 years of email scams?
    The same is true of ANY type of account that isn't backed by real world information. Even some of those are easy as well. (Phone number spoofs.)
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited February 2020
    every bit helps and works much better then "dream ai" or the currently broken autoban system
    its not eazy to get 100k fb acc each week,100k phone numbers,100k approved mail providers,100k streetadress .... also to match the names and all that each week

when there is 100k + banned acc in a week,much more around that are not banned in a 5k player base
    something is so wrong

its not about to stop hackers its about make less hackers and less legit hurt
    your dream ai/autoban system will never reach the point of catching hackers its just nice tool that makes hackers learn what to avoid and how to make best tool to cheat

just like your video link example
    the ai learns the best way to reach the end with so many failed runs
    thats what hackers do in GMS search for best way to be as normal as possible to reach the goal and dont mind geting some of those acc banned along the way

maplestory to nerf hackingmania need:
    GMs/GM team( must be playing the game for atleast 1h/day)
    acc creation system remake
    base autoban/ai as support tool for GMs/GM team
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited February 2020
    should just make new accounts trade ban for like 2 week for extreme vetting, like you check how much money they farm or something and ban for being sus
    WONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    Beef wrote: »
    should just make new accounts trade ban for like 2 week for extreme vetting, like you check how much money they farm or something and ban for being sus

The hackers create lots of accounts at a time and have thousands of level 1 characters ready at any given time.
    A 2 week trade ban would do nothing to stop them.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »

The hackers create lots of accounts at a time and have thousands of level 1 characters ready at any given time.

That's ignoring that it would just create a new and constant influx of "wtf why can't I drop anything stupid nexon why am I tradebanned I didn't do anything wrong?????????" posts.

As it stands there are already more than enough "anti bot" measures in place that do more to hinder legitimate players than they do to stop bots. Something as extreme as a two-week trade ban(which includes dropping things btw, Beef) will do nothing but frustrate new players. And herein lies the problem: how do you curtail bots in ways that don't completely hamstring and even wall new players? It's not a question with a simple answer.
    FuhreakSlicedTime
  • BeefBeef
    edited February 2020

That's ignoring that it would just create a new and constant influx of "wtf why can't I drop anything stupid nexon why am I tradebanned I didn't do anything wrong?????????" posts.

As it stands there are already more than enough "anti bot" measures in place that do more to hinder legitimate players than they do to stop bots. Something as extreme as a two-week trade ban(which includes dropping things btw, Beef) will do nothing but frustrate new players. And herein lies the problem: how do you curtail bots in ways that don't completely hamstring and even wall new players? It's not a question with a simple answer.

There's already hellban for charging nx for the first time. 2 week is pretty extreme, i would bump down to 3 days. If trade ban is the main issue early game, nexon has done false flag ban new characters before and thats a turn off for new players if they get ban off the bat.
    FuhreakWONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    As long as players continue to press the issue and Nexon loses money over it, Nexon doesn't really need players to offer solutions.
    No one solution is going to work and Nexon isn't about to let one of their most successful/longest running games go down.
    They already know it's an issue and they probably dedicate a lot of time and effort towards it.
    The acquisition of a company not too long ago suggests they're trying new things and we're likely to see the results of this in MapleStory as well.
    Since Embark Studios also deals with AI, I'm sure part of this was to help improve the bot AI across all of their games.
    We can complain about it and offer solutions as much as we want, but ultimately we don't know the exact numbers on anything (Except weekly bans) and we just have to trust Nexon on this. As hard as that might be.

If Nexon wants to be more transparent, offering total player counts (per server even) and/or number of unbans.
    If a player was banned publicly, don't they deserve a public unban? This could even lead to people coming out with proof that said player was in fact hacking.
    I know I personally record any hackers I come across so that I can prove without any doubt that they are in fact hacking.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited February 2020
    maplestory wont die. as much as haters and hackers wants it wont happend
    maplestory allways will be around with or without nexon no matter how bad they run the servers maplestory will and is finding the way out

sure nexon lose servers and regions and act as is all cool but maplestory is around still and will be
    maybe not as good as early days but its about time when they will start listen or someone else take over
    nexon cant just mitigate the problems and keep grab cash to justify "10b market sale worth"

combat arms its still around and with changes as players wanted just so you know
    (yea its not as much as popular as it was just because new modern FPS are around but still its not dead as long as player show interest)
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    maplestory allways will be around with or without nexon no matter how bad they run the servers maplestory will and is finding the way out

sure nexon lose servers and regions and act as is all cool but maplestory is around still and will be
    maybe not as good as early days but its about time when they will start listen or someone else take over
    nexon cant just mitigate the problems and keep grab cash to justify "10b market sale worth"

Hackers don't want the game to die. They profit off of it, why would they want to kill the golden goose?
    "with or without Nexon" last time I checked, Nexon wasn't exactly at the "abandon ship" stage.
    Despite the poor performance over here, MapleStory is still one of the most popular MMOs over in Korea.
    They also have I believe the #1 MMO over in China as well. They're not about to give up the rights to one of their biggest games.
    In order to get your "without Nexon", we'd have to see some serious bankruptcy come out of Nexon.
    That's IF they choose to sell at all. "someone else take over" requires this, Nexon could just let the game die and that would be that.

https://mmos.com/news/nexon-reports-q3-2019-earnings-maplestory-revenue-at-16-year-high-all-time
    Some extra reading for you.
    WONDERGUYSlicedTime
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited February 2020

Hackers don't want the game to die. They profit off of it, why would they want to kill the golden goose?
    "with or without Nexon" last time I checked, Nexon wasn't exactly at the "abandon ship" stage.
    Despite the poor performance over here, MapleStory is still one of the most popular MMOs over in Korea.
    They also have I believe the #1 MMO over in China as well. They're not about to give up the rights to one of their biggest games.
    In order to get your "without Nexon", we'd have to see some serious bankruptcy come out of Nexon.
    That's IF they choose to sell at all. "someone else take over" requires this, Nexon could just let the game die and that would be that.

https://mmos.com/news/nexon-reports-q3-2019-earnings-maplestory-revenue-at-16-year-high-all-time

i dont think hacker make profit maybe few of them but most just want it dead anyway it dosnt matter it wont happend like i said maplestory wont die

am not sure at what stage nexon are now but like they are trying to sell the company then fail then try to open other games and focus on them fail a bit aswell and so on
    also they close regions /servers of MS
    maplestory is #1 thats why it wont die just suffer from bad care

combat arms did same suffered intense pain for long time untill
    A: nexon gave it to other team (kinda late but works as we wanted and its full f2p and far less bugs/server issues)
    B :market got new improved modern FPS alternatives to play

same with maplestory it wont die.
    A: nexonNA starts work on it and listen players
    B: other company will start listen players (i dont think nexon will go that bad like : we are closeing but we wont give the rights to other company)
    C: in worst case nexon refuse all that maplestory MMORPG alternative will show (yes KMS and CMS is doing good even after bad changes lately so this C wont happend any time soon)

• darikdarik
    edited February 2020

i dont think hacker make profit maybe few of them but most just want it dead anyway it dosnt matter it wont happend like i said maplestory wont die

am not sure at what stage nexon are now but like they are trying to sell the company then fail then try to open other games and focus on them fail a bit aswell and so on

A: nexon gave it to other team (kinda late but works as we wanted and its full f2p and far less bugs/server issues)

B: other company will start listen players (i dont think nexon will go that bad like : we are closeing but we wont give the rights to other company)
    C: in worst case nexon refuse all that maplestory MMORPG alternative will show (yes KMS and CMS is doing good even after bad changes lately so this C wont happend any time soon)

of course they make profit wtf, they sell mesos in websites for real money, they sell items for real money, its a living for some people. Dont you see tthe thousands of botts advertising the websites ?
    If they didnt make any profit off it, why would they hack? It makes no sense.
    WONDERGUYSlicedTime
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited February 2020

of course they make profit wtf, they sell mesos in websites for real money, they sell items for real money, its a living for some people. Dont you see tthe thousands of botts advertising the websites ?

well RWT its other story and it has to do with p2w gamble more and then hackers
    i dont think they make money like i said only few of them does the rest just buys from them,just like you said its living for some but that some its small
    and the rest just p2w and RWT with gamble goods
    the amount of botts around dosnt mean there is alot of them actual individuals playing/hacking
  • BeefBeef
    edited February 2020

i dont think they make money like i said only few of them does the rest just buys from them,just like you said its living for some but that some its small
    the amount of botts around dosnt mean there is alot of them actual individuals playing/hacking

gold selling is still RWT, its just not a large margin transaction as end game items.
    WONDERGUYSlicedTime
  • darikdarik
    edited February 2020

gold sellers are the majority of hackers, not the minority wtf, only a few people that hack actually play the game to progress, the rest do it to sell mesos for dollars O.O
    FuhreakSlicedTime
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    As I and others pointed out, hackers don't want the game to die. They either profit off of it, have fun with hacking, or are trying to get some quick progression in the game.
    None of these people want the game to die.
    It was the founder who was trying to sell his majority stake in the controlling company. What this means is that ONE PERSON was trying to sell HIS SHARE of Nexon.
    The "one person" just happened to be the founder and held onto most of his stocks making it his company. Look into the rule of 51%.
    He also most likely was trying to sell it because he has a history of getting into legal trouble and he probably either wanted out of the business, or to pay off some untold debt.
    Eitherway, It had barely anything to do with Nexon itself and more to do with the personal life of one person.

Just because certain regions close doesn't mean MS is in any trouble at all.
    There are plenty of exclusive games to certain regions that are extremely popular that never catch on in other markets.
    MapleStory (and MMOs in general) are this type of genre.
    The bad care thing you might be right about though.

Technically this already happened since Nexon of America no longer develops GMS. As far as a MapleStory Alternative, we're 15+ years in and still waiting.
    darik