[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Merging Servers (Population Increase)

Brodan96Brodan96
Hey, I get that there was not too long ago a server merge already, I also get some people prefer playing on a more quiet server, I understand I don’t speak for everyone because we all have our own feeling about this,

But I feel lately as I’m playing there is not enough people to really talk to anymore and most maps and channels are dead and feels kind of depressing,
I still love this game and play pretty much every day but doesn’t feel like there is enough people to talk to or train with anymore at this point,

I know some people will probably disagree with me and that’s okay but I i was thinking if one day you could just have 3 - 4 servers possibly,
This is what I have thought up of in my head,

1. Scania
2. Bera
3. Reboot
4. Other server (For some who prefer it quiet)

Or

1. Scania & Bera together (Scerba) *Or other name*
2. Reboot
3. Other server ( What ever name to be used )

And worse case have a 4th server for people who prefer it a little more quiet,

I know some people will disagree with my 2nd option but to me that would jump the player count in one server a lot

If it was to be too busy with Scania & Bera being consolidated together ( which I don’t really think it would as it was extremely busy back 10-12 years ago anyway ) you could just add a further 5 - 10 or so channels to that server,

In my eyes, It would feel like how it use to with heaps of people to talk to and train with again,
Anyway just a suggestion to you Nexon,
Also an Idea, Direction for anyone reading this,

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    MapleStory even on one server has thousands upon thousands of maps that a player can be in.
    Even a single map chain is hundreds of maps across a single server. Not only this, players tend to actively avoid each other when grinding.
    If we count the number of maps for Vanishing Journey that have mobs, this gives us a total of 25 maps. Now consider 20 channels.
    This means that just the first area of Arcane River alone, on a single server, there are a total of 500 maps players could be hidden in.
    The same problem exists for towns. There are at least 3 towns that players consider to be a prime gathering spot.
    Nameless Town, Leafre and Henesys. There are also 20 maps for each of these three towns, giving us 60.
    Unless everyone just decides to hop over onto one channel for towns, (won't happen) in which there are still 3 prime gathering spots.
    Then you have people like me who don't AFK in either channel 1 or the main towns. I usually just idle in the town closest to where I was just grinding.

No amount of merging will really fix this issue. If you want a serious environment where people can gather, we need a return of something like star planet.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    I'm strongly against merging Scania and Bera. I can see a case being made for merging Elysium and Aurora in the future though.
    But I also agree with above. Plus, people don't train together anymore, not even if the server is populated. It's just better to grind alone in every way, so it's not a thing.
  • BBQTimeBBQTime
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited February 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    I'm strongly against merging Scania and Bera. I can see a case being made for merging Elysium and Aurora in the future though.
    But I also agree with above. Plus, people don't train together anymore, not even if the server is populated. It's just better to grind alone in every way, so it's not a thing.

I'm strongly against your opinion, merging Scania and Bera will be an amazing idea.
    Bera might seem to be like an active world, but really it's not, the majority are simply botters.
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2020
    BBQTime wrote: »

I'm strongly against your opinion, merging Scania and Bera will be an amazing idea.
    Bera might seem to be like an active world, but really it's not, the majority are simply botters.

"Let's take an overpopulated world and make it even worse, why don't you think my idea is great???"
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited February 2020
    Elysium + Aurora, Bera, and Scania.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    BBQTime wrote: »

I'm strongly against your opinion of my opinion. Bera is filled to the brim, regardless of what % of that is botters. I don't know if you even play Bera, but it is an active server regardless of the bots. Hence why botters like it there, because of the large amount of possible customers.
    Adding Scania's players and Scania's botters is only going to make the server stability even worse, and it doesn't solve a population-problem in Bera, because Bera is already populated.
    It would be a better suggestion to merge Scania with the low-pop servers but I can't speak for the people who prefer low-pop.