[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

This is Out of Control

BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
Reactions: 1,395
edited March 2020 in General Chat
Long time member here, back from hiatus, and I just want to ask, what's the point of even using security software? The botters are out of control!

I play on Bera. I wanted to complete a line on my Monster Collection, and only required was Evil Eye. I went to channel one, but there were two (not one, TWO) botters there, and they were practically identical twins. Both were Shades (I think) both were the same level, both had names that were gibberish, and both were spamming the entire field with AoE attacks, making it impossible for other players to get even one.

So I changed the channel to ch. 2, only to find two more botters of the same type there. Turned out EVERY SINGLE CHANNEL on Bera has TWO Shades in that one area. How in the world can one botter have 40 toons running simultaneously??

Actually, I know the answer. Whatever security system you're using, it doesn't work. This was not the first time I have experienced this even in the past week.

I've been on a lot of MMORPGs in my day. Some are good, some are awful, some are "free to play pay to win" types but they rarely have THIS much of a problem with botters and hackers.

Seriously, when honest players like myself are penalized for buying one Gachipon due to "security concerns" while botters are running amuck like this, something is very wrong.
WONDERGUY

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited March 2020
    Long time member here, back from hiatus, and I just want to ask, what's the point of even using security software? The botters are out of control!

I play on Bera. I wanted to complete a line on my Monster Collection, and only required was Evil Eye. I went to channel one, but there were two (not one, TWO) botters there, and they were practically identical twins. Both were Shades (I think) both were the same level, both had names that were gibberish, and both were spamming the entire field with AoE attacks, making it impossible for other players to get even one.

So I changed the channel to ch. 2, only to find two more botters of the same type there. Turned out EVERY SINGLE CHANNEL on Bera has TWO Shades in that one area. How in the world can one botter have 40 toons running simultaneously??

Actually, I know the answer. Whatever security system you're using, it doesn't work. This was not the first time I have experienced this even in the past week.

I've been on a lot of MMORPGs in my day. Some are good, some are awful, some are "free to play pay to win" types but they rarely have THIS much of a problem with botters and hackers.

Seriously, when honest players like myself are penalized for buying one Gachipon due to "security concerns" while botters are running amuck like this, something is very wrong.

One botter?nah therea probably a lot of people behind the hackers ,after all most of them run websites that sell mesos for real money, ita more of a company id say than just one person.
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited March 2020
    Yeah, I know, and the spammers drive me nuts too.
    WONDERGUY
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited March 2020
    i know it feels like its pointless to have security software as there is so many around but it will be worse without it and it dose the job good enough
    just last week nexon got over 1m (1,000,000+ milion) acc ban for hacking/botting
    and about 100k+ avg each week

its sad to see so many hackers around and its not all nexon fault (even if nexon manage to ban 95% of them those 5% will still keep destroy the game as bad as that 95% )
    it is what it is maplestory wont be same as it was even KMS gets worse and strugle with them

and its not just nexon/maplestory
    all other games dose same...especially the free to play "competitive" games are full with cheaters
    (free to play as not to pay x amount of $ to download/play not the nexon tricky definition of f2p )

example :
    fortnite one of bigest FPS game its slowly geting destroyed by hackers
    darikLaudierJettLuvsU
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited March 2020
    The security software does work.

Its just that botters find a work around or move to a different class once the hacks get patched, giving the illusion that it doesn't work.
    JettLuvsU
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2020
    ShadEight wrote: »

Its just that botters find a work around or move to a different class once the hacks get patched, giving the illusion that it doesn't work.

Pretty much this. It's a constant back-and-forth with things being patched and new workarounds being found. There's no magic-bullet skeleton-key one-and-done solution to hackers and bots.
    JettLuvsU
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited March 2020
    Now imagine how much worse it would be without security software...
  • TroubleShooting101TroubleShooting101
    Reactions: 635
    edited March 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Pretty much this. It's a constant back-and-forth with things being patched and new workarounds being found. There's no magic-bullet skeleton-key one-and-done solution to hackers and bots.

Who fcking cares. Your game is dead for good. The grammar of admins are so horrible. Just as bad as their fcking game.
    riza
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2020

Who fcking cares. Your game is dead for good. The grammar of admins are so horrible. Just as bad as their fcking game.

You still mad that people join guilds and get carried through bosses on reboot?
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited March 2020

Well, what I would say is its something that definitely needs improvement as we all, I mean we are humans and imperfect so there's room for growth. Also, the fellow your arguing with won't help lead to a constructive and definite solution.

I would say that at least in gms there isn't a real move to help purge or get rid of botters or cheaters it is an issue we had for years. Despite it, some of us were able to have a great experience playing the game and meeting amazing people.

Though as you said it would be nice to know if the team is going to take serious measures to protect the gaming experience and lively hood of their player base. Usually when speaking about said issues their voices get shut down or a person who is ill inform will come and bring negative energy and misinformation to your message.

This is a place where ideas and troubleshooting should be ideal although it's not always the case. I do say that this game has its downsides but also has its upsides and I hope that you will give it a chance to see what real players like myself and others have seen that kept us from leaving the game permanently.

This is coming from a person who by all means should have left the game ages ago. but gl if you continue to play the game and yeah stay away from toxic folks takes away from experience ;)