[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

seriously? hackers still?

inkerainkera
Reactions: 300
edited March 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I have played maple on and off since 2006. Ended up taking a break after we all got sick of the nonstop "upgrades" (big bang and beyond) and hackers. I've come back to find hackers are still ruining the game. It's not hard to find - go to any channel in the Burnt Lands / Wood Masks / etc - every channel has hackers taking over the screen. What happened to having GM's wandering - reports actually making a difference. Just have a developer hop on - and check out those rooms for a start; then please for the love of Maple, Nexon - do something about it!

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2020
    Gee if only they banned the bots...

Oh wait.
    4or7bk4.png
    wcJqpQ1.png
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    inkera wrote: »
    What happened to having GM's wandering - reports actually making a difference.

1 million bots banned in the span of a week happened.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/27091/ban-data-from-02-27-2020-03-04-2020#latest

Nexon does stuff to fight it, Hackers do stuff to fight Nexon. Nothing new here.
    Also as someone who has also played since the beginning, things (at least on reboot) aren't nearly as bad as they were "back in the day".
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited March 2020
    Problem is, hackers make more botts faster than than nexon can bann them. The community has already suggested several ways to slow down the amazing speed in which hackers create new accounts, like requirring SMS verifgication, asking for ID , asking for a phone number, etc.
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited March 2020
    I gotta admit, the bots give ME a headache too.

Is it even possible for Nexon to block an IP address? That's usually how most websites do it.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2020
    I gotta admit, the bots give ME a headache too.

Is it even possible for Nexon to block an IP address? That's usually how most websites do it.

It's totally possible for them to block IP addresses. Why do you think people in other countries with their own version of the game can't connect here?

The problem, however, is that it's almost laughably easy to change your IP address.
  • BorgaBorga
    Reactions: 1,065
    edited March 2020
    I don't think how many they ban is a resolution here. It's how would they stop them. I saw hackers solving rune keypresses, which I think they're trying random keys over and over since they're simple 4 direction keys. I think random captcha might be able to solve it. Sure there are many ways to stop them, however nexon doesn't seems to work around those area.
    I just hope they can come up with effective way without causing cancers to the normal playerbase like now. Those transparent, invisible rune keypresses during the grinding gives me anxiety, and no cooldown keypresses on harvesting gives me unbearable anger.
  • EastNewsFulEastNewsFul
    It's just getting so frustrating for us players to enjoy the questing or just leveling. like no matter how many channels you switch to they are still there.. I swear I would enjoy being the one just banning the **** out of them no matter how many they do ! after so many god damm years with bots just flying through the screens this is just killing the enjoyment of Maplestory.. I'm just hoping that whatever Nexon is doing or trying to it is going to happen soon. PLEASE NEXON just do whatever you can!
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited March 2020
    Well in kms they added the feature of "Room of truth" where you'll be sent if you get too many reports in short time or fail those hackertest item puzzles (that's old item that was available from aquarium store for a while but was misused so much that they removed them from ems/gms). But the room of truth itself is 5min*(n+1) where n is the number you have been sent there during last week. it's basically short ban but to get rid of it you have to be online for that time. And ofc if someone is sent to the room with false reports the reporters will have some room time themselves. 5min wouldn't be that much but 10th time is already 55min and i guess hackers rather create new char than have 55min of dead time. and that way some ppl who are annoyed by hackers can help getting rid of them. I just wonder why they didn't add that feature in gms when that patch came out here.