[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reasons I will never ever ever buy a surprise box

HerptheDerpHerptheDerp
Reactions: 1,200
edited April 2020 in General Chat
1) WAY TOO MANY ITEMS. Some of the items I would want are a 2% chance. Eff that
2) If I buy 100 boxes of my Blaster, I cannot transfer any of that wasted NX items to my other characters because cash shops are not shared across all characters. So if I wanted to put some of those extra NX items on my Mercedes...I can't

Never ever....ever....ever ever ever....ever will I ever buy a surprise box.
It is a 100% scam

Shame on you Nexon for your dirty, money grubbing, no good, rotten, greedy, low down, dumb, straight up evil, loot box, bull!
WONDERGUY

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Loot boxes for cosmetics are exactly how loot boxes should be done in the first place.
    You don't have to buy them, they don't affect gameplay, you CAN live without them.
    Now Cubes on the other hand...
    2 is valid though, shared CS across all characters needs to be a thing.
    ZerosBlackSunsetChaos
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    There really needs to be better updates to the pity system put in place for those style boxes.
    The stamp shop should update whenever the box updates, and the shop should have the same items as the style boxes.
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2020
    JettLuvsU wrote: »
    There really needs to be better updates to the pity system put in place for those style boxes.
    The stamp shop should update whenever the box updates, and the shop should have the same items as the style boxes.

At the very least, the stamp shop should be one rotation behind the current run of boxes. A bit more incentive, for nexon's side of things, for people to buy boxes to try and get what they want, but also a pity system, as you called it, for players who had a run of garbage luck so they're not completely screwed.
    JettLuvsUSlicedTimeFuhreakAaronHuskySunsetChaosHHG1Kradian_South
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited April 2020
    its also waaaaaaaaaaay too expensive, $3.4 per box is so off putting....
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited April 2020
    1)RNG boxes that are bought with real money should be banned.
    2) Too expensive
    3) too many awfull items and just 1 or 2 nice
    4)idk if all nx items u get are perma or not
    5) All nx clothes and items should be perma like in kms
    6) Id personally spend more real money on nx that i know i will get, like, just buy tthe clothes, and be perma, rather than just spending money on rng ****.
    Thats why i like the perma outfits tthey release every now and then, cuz they are PERMA and cuz it has no RNG at all.
    Same goes with pet boxes.
    WONDERGUY
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited April 2020
    Something you should know about gambling: the house NEVER loses. Ever.
    WONDERGUY
  • rKamirKami
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited April 2020
    NX transfer issues aside, the stamps themselves aren't even transferable between characters via storage. I literally have stamps scattered across all my characters exactly because of your second point.
    WONDERGUY
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited April 2020
    Yeah just don't buy cosmetic lootboxes. Just buy what u want from AH
    WONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    Yeah just don't buy cosmetic lootboxes. Just buy what u want from AH

Only works on regular servers, Reboot has to deal with RNG but honestly it's not a problem. As I already said, they're cosmetic.
    Not required in the slightest to play the game. If you don't feel they're worth it, then they aren't for you.
    But it's still a much better system than forcing people to buy cubes or other items that are required for any decent progression speed.