[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Major Lag Spikes

NoProspectNoProspect
Reactions: 840
edited January 2020 in Tech Support
This all happened after the season 3 Wondroid update we just had.

Before this update maple ran fine and smooth for me, but when I logged in after the update I had major lag spikes and game freezes. Im not sure what cause this or how to fix this, but if there are ways to help me fix this that would be great. I can't even play at this point because sometimes my game will freeze for 40 secs to 1 and a half mins and it's really frustrating. Any help will do D:
WONDERGUYKrystal97luna02asuterooNyong

Comments

• DominikossDominikoss
    Reactions: 730
    edited January 2020
    Same here, and my pc isnt really bad, also they should make an optimization.
    WONDERGUYKrystal97NoProspect
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited February 2020
    very people have problems no only in wondroid too in nlc and phantom forest by mermory leak in the use of this game in performance of the cpu , the lag spike too appears for this reason , nexon ms need fix this urgent ...
    WONDERGUYKrystal97luna02NoProspect
  • Krystal97Krystal97
    Reactions: 430
    edited February 2020
    I have the same problem here, the CPU% of the process which name is blackcipher is too high!!!
    they should fix this
    WONDERGUYNoProspect
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited February 2020
    same problem ... since last uptade .. the use of cpu is catastrophic ... have 32 gb ram and 120t in disk but the perfomance in this game is high , lag spikes . freezes, gameguard not appear in toolbar of windows , blackcipher and other problems more ! the game is unplayable whit this last patch ...
    Krystal97asuterooNoProspect
  • asuterooasuteroo
    Reactions: 750
    edited February 2020
    Same exact problems here, VERY high CPU usage from game guard/blackcipher since the latest update
    NoProspectWONDERGUY
  • NoProspectNoProspect
    edited February 2020
    Yeah it took me by surprise when I checked my task manager. Everything will be fine then major spikes in gpu and cpu usage i was scared my computer was going to crash D:
    WONDERGUY
  • DuceliaLindaDuceliaLinda
    Reactions: 480
    edited February 2020
    we need explanation about this problem and fix ... but none administrator answers ... for simple posts ... yes ... this problem of the high use of the cpu is from years ago and now this has increased considerably .. 90% of use of cpu is for maplestory . later nexon client in the process in task manager 8 and blackcipher , why in the previous maintenance not detailed these problems? i play kms and not have none problem whit high use of the cpu but is distint in gms, fix this pls ..
    WONDERGUY
  • xBeastHeroxBeastHero
    Reactions: 990
    edited February 2020
    I dont even understand how a game as old as MapleStory Manages to not be able to run properly on a really good computer that can run ANY modern games at full graphics without issues ( gta V, WoW etc). This issue needs to be solve ASAP. It makes the game unplayable for anyone who doesn't have a " gaming " computer. Not everyone can afford a 1200$ + computer... Those lagg spikes shouldn't be happening on a game like MapleStory... and the worst? This issue is OVERLOOKED EVERY PATCHES and becomes worst overtime..
    WONDERGUY
  • NoProspectNoProspect
    edited February 2020
    Welp, it has been about 3 weeks and there has been no response from anyone. I haven't been able to play the game due to this problem since i posted this discussion and it's closing in on a whole month. I am trying to keeps my hopes high, but it if gets to the point where it seems to be going nowhere, I might just have to stop playing :/ I like playing this game but I not going to be bending over backwards when I am getting no help on this issue from Nexon.
    KevinZamoraWONDERGUY
  • KevinZamoraKevinZamora
    Reactions: 600
    edited February 2020
    we need a fix to this , can't play because of the constant problems since this wondroid event .. i just hope they fix it once! this memory leak problem, just hope that after maintenance this is fixed once ...
    WONDERGUY
  • WerejellyWerejelly
    Reactions: 310
    I'm still having difficulties with this : (
    I have a not so great laptop, but before the patch Maple was working just fine without issue.
    I've uninstalled and re-installed, but I don't think it's a problem on my end.

There's so much I wanna do but the lags so bad I get frustrated and quit after about 30 minutes ;^;
    WONDERGUY
  • ThumperOne1ThumperOne1
    Reactions: 420
    edited March 2020
    jesus ! my cpu isnt the problem ... is the game before of this patch run perfect . now cant do extraveganza and bosses due lag spikes, freezes in the screen in ms . each day is a disaster . fix this in the soon patch please
    WONDERGUY
  • RidiculousRensRidiculousRens
    Reactions: 210
    Any of u guys got a fix yet?
    The game is still unplayable after the wondroid update...
    WONDERGUY
  • KevinZamoraKevinZamora
    Reactions: 600
    edited March 2020
    unplayable later of last maintenance .. this horrible lag and delay continue to today , not only this problems maplestory exaggera the performance of my computer, in the administrator task manager the volcate of this game is horrible .. in selection of char is in 15% to 20% normal but in the game in mobs . in town in use of skills the volcate pathetically is 80% 90% 100% ! 70% 90% 95% and this cause lag spikes, freeze screen by moments , dc and others problems since the wondroid event, ruin all the little stability of the game why this problems of memory and lag spikes have time and years . remove blackcipher and back the old game launcher . nexon launcher have open manys proccess for nothing .. please fix this staff tech
    WONDERGUY
  • LordLevit07LordLevit07
    Reactions: 210
    edited April 2020
    There are major lags since the windows updates on the servers , last few days it has been worse , going from not being able to boss to not being able to do almost anything , Elysium server flooded with bots again causing ever worse server lags . please fix that issue its really unplayable.
    WONDERGUY
  • ThumperOne1ThumperOne1
    edited April 2020
    last memo not spek of the problems in the game to today later of a even t wondroid ...... whit the lag and perfomance horrible of use in ms 70 -90 % use ...
    WONDERGUYluna02
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited April 2020
    last memo not spek of the problems in the game to today later of a even t wondroid ...... whit the lag and perfomance horrible of use in ms 70 -90 % use ...

according to you, i expected much more in this last memo ... changes in the system about hackers, the problems of the wondroid event ... with a lag problem, an optimization of game performance on our consuming computers, lag fix spikes, delay, bugs ...
    NyongWONDERGUY
  • FullHouseFullHouse
    Reactions: 310
    Since 2x Drop/Exp events started i am having very big lag spikes and memory leak by huge CPU Usage i don't get it why a game such maplestory requires that much CPU Usage im still waiting to reply/fix in future patches , when i log in to 2x drop event i quit after 10 minutes cuz i couldn't handle the game anymore. plea
    WONDERGUY
  • ThumperOne1ThumperOne1
    edited April 2020
    luna02 wrote: »

according to you, i expected much more in this last memo ... changes in the system about hackers, the problems of the wondroid event ... with a lag problem, an optimization of game performance on our consuming computers, lag fix spikes, delay, bugs ...

the question is ! why they not fix this .. Why do they ignore this? maplestory is consuming too much memory and use on our pcs ... I can't play well .. due to all these problems, I don't see any administrator or part of the technical service ... come here and explain a future solution for example .... this game is worse every day
    WONDERGUYNyong
  • NyongNyong
    Reactions: 360
    edited April 2020
    ok en primer lugar no hablo bien ingles , tengo entendido que este foro es en ingles pero tengo un malestar enorme y no solo yo , mucha gente tambien y respecto al problema enorme de lag en el juego a hoy en dia , este problema tiene años y mas cuando MAPLESTORY y el STAFF DE NEXON decidieron implementar el NEXON LAUNCHER por el VIEJO GAMELAUNCHER, debido a esto el juego con cada actualizacion pide mas memory y el uso en el rendimiento en nuestras pc es tremendo , mucho para un juego 2D y el blackcipher tambien .. despues de implementar el nuevo nexon launcher este archivo o programa ah dado bans injustificados a muchos jugadores y problemas con logeo, crashs, problemas de instalacion y en librerias de visual , Y COMO RESULTADO maplestory a tenido estos graves problemas a hoy y peor como algunos comentan y postean en los foros , no solo aca, en reedit y en otras paginas que es el alto consumo de memoria de un juego 2D en cpu y problemas de instalacion y nexonlauncher, maplestory es un querido por mucha gente , estos problemas en el viejo gameguard no se reflejaba nada , AHORA A HOY EN DIA NEXON IMPLEMENTA EL NUEVO PIC de logeo y antibot en el juego , esta muy bien pero deberia resolver el problema principal que es el nexonlauncher y el consumo de memoria . yo tengo una pc muy buena para que alguien me hable que es problema de mi cpu o internet , no ... este problema es tecnico y es demasiado y tengo a igual que mucha gente este problema y me causa molestia y aburre ver como nadie del servicio tecnico o moderador habla de esto , los memos deberian tambien hablar de los problemas que se hablan en el foro . espero que maplestory el servicio tecnico arregle esto , no importa si dura una semana o 5 dias, yo soy un jugador ya de años en el juego y eh visto mantenimientos prolongados de 5 a una semana en este juego hace muchos años atras pero con buenos resultados, espero que arreglen este problema enorme y que los nuevos jugadores no tengan este tipo de problemas, porque este problema es la causa principal ( the lag , spikes , etc etc whit the hackers and bugs ) que maplestory deberia de solucionarlo de una vez, saludos y perdonen por mi idioma