[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

newly created Jett character can't attack

ChillPhilChillPhil
Reactions: 710
edited April 2020 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: functionality

Brief bug summary: Yesterday I created a new Jett character. When I was asked if I wanted to skip the tutorial cut-scenes I clicked no. Once I get through the initial cut-scenes to the first part of the game where I actually get to control my character, pressing ctrl doesn't make any attack happen.

More details: I chose the basic keybindings setting and not the secondary one. I can see on my quickslots that "attack" is bound to ctrl, so I know that is not the issue. I tried binding attack to different keys but pressing any of the keys I bound it to didn't make an attack happen. I can't continue any further in the game because I have to defeat some enemies in order to do so, but I can't do any attacks to deal damage to them. Relogging doesn't solve the issue.

I just created a new character to see if the same thing would happen again, and it did.

Steps to reproduce: Create new Jett character; choose basic key bindings; choose "no" when asked if you want to skip the tutorial cut-scenes; once you are through the first cut-scenes and are controlling your character, push attack button; notice that nothing happens.

Character name: ChillPhil09

Character level: the character selection screen says level 1. In-game it says I am level 275.

Character job: Jett

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: I created the character last night and had this issue. I tried playing on the character again just now, Saturday April 11, 2020 at about 11pm Eastern time and the issue is still happening.

This is a screenshot of where I am stuck.
Maple-200412-022147.jpg

Please let me know if there is any more relevant information I can provide.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Do you have your weapon and secondary equipped?
  • ChillPhilChillPhil
    Reactions: 710
    edited April 2020
    AKradian wrote: »
    Do you have your weapon and secondary equipped?

I just tried to check, and at the map that I'm stuck at I'm not able to open my equipment or inventory windows to check, but I can see that my character is holding a gun in his hand.
    I think that attacking without a weapon equipped is possible now anyway, though.
  • jukajuka
    Reactions: 100
    Hi, I have the exact same problem on the same scenario with a new jett.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited April 2020
    I made a jett to test this out and I was also unable to attack. None of the hotkeys work in the map you have to kill the guards in. I tried moving the hotkey for the basic attack and that didn't do anything either. Someone else in the official discord also ran into this issue.
  • PhippoPhippo
    Hi, exact same problem. Tried to make a jett to burn and couldn't attack.
  • LuccaTheMoraesLuccaTheMoraes
    May the 8th and still the same problem. Haven't found any solutions... How do we proceed, fellas?
  • LichWizLichWiz
    Reactions: 200
    may 23th, still an issue, no way to access the keybindings, equips, or inventory either.
  • SesameSesame
    Reactions: 200
    June 6 and 7, still an issue. I tried making multiple Jetts and the same thing happened. It was the same regardless of male or female character, or what keybinding type I chose. I can't open keybindings to change it after the initial selection on character creation, and I can't open inventory or equipment.
    I thought maybe part of the story was you have to die and get saved to progress the story, but that's not the case either. I died and then it reloaded me in the same map and I still can't attack.