[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Advanced Gollux Coin do not share with party

pplestititpplestitit
in Bug Reporting
I had joined a party to kill the Hard Gollux. One of my team mate pick up the coin that drop from the Head, however other teammates can't receive the coin, only the one who pick up the coin have the coin on his ETC. Me and my other teammate killed the Gollux for nothing.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2020
    This is not a bug, not all boss drops are instanced. Some, in particular certain rare equip drops from end-game bosses (Magic Eyepatch from Hard Damien, Dreamy Belt from Hard Lucid), are only obtained by the user who picks the item up (shared loot).

This is why it's important to turn off pets and coordinate with your party when running certain bosses.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    That's equips you're talking about though.
    Coins and other ETCs are usually instanced or half-instanced. Has Nexon itself confirmed that this is intended behavior for Gollux?
  • ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited April 2020
    Coins used ot be shared regardless of who picked them up. So if there were four players, all four would get 25-35 coins from Lvl 4 Gollux
    There were also 5 coins given to all alive players when the head was defeated
    The patch notes did not mention any change to those mechanics so it's no clear whether it's intentional or not
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited April 2020
    Prophetie wrote: »
    Coins used ot be shared regardless of who picked them up. So if there were four players, all four would get 25-35 coins from Lvl 4 Gollux
    There were also 5 coins given to all alive players when the head was defeated
    The patch notes did not mention any change to those mechanics so it's no clear whether it's intentional or not

Gollux coins were never shared equally EVER.
    Before the revamp, the person that pick up the Gollux coin get all of the coins while the rest of the party get only 1.
    It is the only reason why complete strangers never want to party up (when everyone has equal dps) for Gollux because you have to trust each other to take turn looting the coin everyday.
  • YellowYodaYellowYoda
    Reactions: 515
    edited April 2020
    Rexaar wrote: »
    Before the revamp, the person that pick up the Gollux coin get all of the coins while the rest of the party get only 1.

Is it confirmed that this is how it's meant to work now?

I know superior has been end-game for a long time now. But most characters used to be able to farm there way (for months) to get the ear rings and ring. Now killing Hardux is the same as killing the old hellux, and the new hellux is achievable for mid-game/end-game players.

If we can't get even the one coin from being in a party, nexon has made it near impossible for new players to get the equips.

Mind you, i'm not complaining for myself, I'm able to kill the new hellux quite easily. It's the new players, or the existing players that want to SF their equipment. They can't even get reinforced gear now. Let a lone superior.