[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

"Illegal program or malicious code detected" -

PleaseNoticeMePleaseNoticeMe
Reactions: 960
edited April 2020 in Bug Reporting
Hi! Lately my game will randomly crash (force-closed) with this message popping up! (full message: Illegal program or malicious code detected. The game will force quit)
It's happened while i was doing lotus, while doing dailies, while bossing!

it's the same message that can be found from the following forum discussion
forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/25954/game-crash-formation-attack-video

Except this time I can't pinpoint a particular cause!
This bug's literally ruined the past couple weeks for me and it's really disheartening to d/c during an important weekly boss :(

I have absolutely no history or connection to any form of hacking and I would never intend to !
ProphetieKhongikaecherrypotate157

Comments

• KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited April 2020
    Adding my name to this posted more info over here: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/27726/hayato-force-quit-by-prompt-at-random#latest

Pathfinder, Elysium. ticket #939440
  • iTzChokoiTzChoko
    Reactions: 710
    edited April 2020
    Hi! Lately my game will randomly crash (force-closed) with this message popping up! (full message: Illegal program or malicious code detected. The game will force quit)
    It's happened while i was doing lotus, while doing dailies, while bossing!

it's the same message that can be found from the following forum discussion
    forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/25954/game-crash-formation-attack-video

Except this time I can't pinpoint a particular cause!
    This bug's literally ruined the past couple weeks for me and it's really disheartening to d/c during an important weekly boss :(

I have absolutely no history or connection to any form of hacking and I would never intend to !

i get these message too
  • MicroPlaysMicroPlays
    Reactions: 500
    edited April 2020
    The game keeps crashing saying I'm using hacks or malicious programs... It crashes me during boss fights and I can't farm gear.
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited April 2020
    getting this message while afk in pixel club for pixel coins. AFK = illegal lul classic
    kaecherry
  • DrominDromin
    Reactions: 100
    Same here. When are they fixing this issue? This is seriously affecting the gameplay... NEXON PLEASE FIX THIS
  • BallziesBallzies
    Reactions: 210
    edited May 2020
    May 5:
    I crashed 4 times this past hour, three times I was afk and the last was from grinding. I'm use to crashing once a day(which isn't good to begin with), but to crash 4 times in an hour is too insane.

PLEASE FIX THIS!

(I don't hack or use anything illegal btw)

May 14:
    I crashed twice in the first hour and another 4 times within 35 minutes :D
    I just want to play the game Nexon...

When will this be fixed?
    kaecherry
  • ErydiErydi
    Reactions: 300
    Same problem here as well. I'm in Reboot and it happens pretty randomly. But the random times it does happen, it's usually when I'm training on my Ark.
  • VibratoVibrato
    Reactions: 510
    edited May 2020
    I have the same issue too. I'll play for a bit and it'll crash me saying "Illegal program or malicious code detected" when I'm not running anything else on my computer except for MS.
    Prophetie
  • EZCrazyDKEZCrazyDK
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2020
    My game just crashed when me and guildies finished capping and right after I leave RA, my game crashed. This happens quite often for me while I was training and AFK. Nexon please fix your buggy game. Thank you!!
  • GPINKSGPINKS
    Reactions: 905
    edited May 2020
    Same issue here
    randomly i just get dced with that message
  • McSpekMcSpek
    Reactions: 390
    edited May 2020
    Just got this...like 1 min ago during vj pq o_o
  • kaecherrykaecherry
    Reactions: 700
    edited May 2020
    just happened to me as well and to be honest i'm a bit nervous--i literally just logged on to check my auction house listings, and immediately after exiting the auction house it crashed and gave me that message. i never would risk cheating considering the fact i've spent well over a thousand dollars on this game lol
  • Treetrunkface12Treetrunkface12
    Reactions: 400
    edited May 2020
    This messaged popped up when I entered Gollux. Funny how they said the fixed an issue where you can't enter, but when you do enter you're prevented from using that character. I can't login anymore getting the same message, since it happens 100% at gollux map.
  • HgfffffHgfffff
    random game closure, happened everyday. bad experience. especially when u are in mini game and you gotta wait 15 mins to enter. PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!
    kaecherry
  • mellinessmelliness
    I've crashed multiple times in the past hour from the same problem. It's even happened literally as I was loading into the game. I used to get this message once a day, but to crash every few minutes is ridiculous.
    kaecherry
  • JostonJoston
    Reactions: 720
    edited May 2020
    Anyone else getting this like crazy? I just got the daily reward for a fury totem and now I can not log into my DS without crashing and getting that message.
  • McSpekMcSpek
    edited May 2020
    And once again during hmuto....
  • AnimeWatcherAnimeWatcher
    Reactions: 830
    edited May 2020
    this just started for me today on my other account only after server check. I can only stay online for 30 seconds to 3 min trying to afk in the coin area...
    kaecherry
  • McSpekMcSpek
    edited May 2020
    Did a restart....and again...
  • mellinessmelliness
    edited May 2020
    Already tried reinstalling game and still crashing every few minutes due to the same error. This is the 2nd time I've been banned from queuing in the pixel party mini games because the game crashed in the middle of my game.