[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Does Maplestory still a Multiplayer game?

TheMysteryAdventurerTheMysteryAdventurer
Reactions: 300
edited April 2020 in General Chat
Hey!

I just want to know: Does still have a way to play Maplestory with friend now? Or is just a solo game, where players competitate each other for absolutly no reason? I want to be optimist, and I'm sure I can found a way, but I want the community opinion before.

Thanks!

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2020
    Yesn't
  • HerptheDerpHerptheDerp
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited April 2020
    Grindng? Farming Meso? Cubing/Starting Gear? Yes
    Bossing? Doesn't have to be

UNLESS IT IS GOLLUX, THEN YES IT IS A SINGLE PLAYER GAME
  • TheMysteryAdventurerTheMysteryAdventurer
    edited April 2020
    But theres really no more people with who I can enjoy anything now? I like to do low level quest, and just explore. Theres really any bunch of people for do that?
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited April 2020
    Most people just quest/grind by themselves, people really only party up if they are having trouble taking down a boss by themselves, party quests are completely dead (some still do cross world for the damage skins), if you want to quest and explore with people it'd be a good idea to find some friends on discord that want to do the same thing that you want to do.
    Fuhreak
  • TheMysteryAdventurerTheMysteryAdventurer
    edited April 2020
    Ummm, that seem really sad. If the game doesnt crash after 2 minute, I will take a look and try something.

Thanks!
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited April 2020
    Small thing to add, you can currently get a free megaphone everyday from the current maple relay event, you could always smega "Anyone up for some party quests?" you may get some takers.
    Fuhreak
  • CifulandCifuland
    Reactions: 410
    edited April 2020
    Yeah since they destroyed the party quests and the team hunting system is a solo game unless you're going to lucid or some boss with a party.
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited April 2020
    Nope.avi
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    edited April 2020
    Hey!

I just want to know: Does still have a way to play Maplestory with friend now? Or is just a solo game, where players competitate each other for absolutly no reason? I want to be optimist, and I'm sure I can found a way, but I want the community opinion before.

Thanks!

MapleStory, as you mentioned, suppose to be a Multiplayer game with a lot of players but thanks to minority (and nexon) that aren't interested in merging servers, the game has became a solo game, people being left alone in empty servers.
    really you can see it for yourself if you check out all the servers including bera
    why they are against merging servers to make everyone happy? idk but there are a minority that really hate this merging server idea while everybody else want it to happen. why nexon won't listen to most of their loyal players? idk
    DeputyDerpy
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    If you want to merge all of the regular servers into one, you're going to get backlash. Your proposal for a server merge takes no consideration for server stability or overcrowding. Stop saying that you're speaking for everyone too. But that's beside the point of this thread.

Grinding/farming/training is primarily solo play now, but bossing is still done in parties sometimes. The solo-oriented meta actually isn't that bad in my opinion. I'd suggest still giving it a try. I find it kind of relaxing, actually. Plus it has the benefit of not needing other people to progress.

If you do want people to play with though, try getting friends to play or searching for a guild. You should be able to find a guild that's recruiting in game.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    AaronHusky wrote: »
    If you want to merge all of the regular servers into one, you're going to get backlash. Your proposal for a server merge takes no consideration for server stability or overcrowding. Stop saying that you're speaking for everyone too. But that's beside the point of this thread.

Grinding/farming/training is primarily solo play now, but bossing is still done in parties sometimes. The solo-oriented meta actually isn't that bad in my opinion. I'd suggest still giving it a try. I find it kind of relaxing, actually. Plus it has the benefit of not needing other people to progress.

If you do want people to play with though, try getting friends to play or searching for a guild. You should be able to find a guild that's recruiting in game.

Even joining a guild you're still going to be flying solo most of the time. I've yet to meet anyone who was that thrilled about the idea of grinding in a party.
    Solo gameplay should be possible. But it shouldn't be more rewarding than party play, which it currently is most of the time.
    Changes need to be made that improve loot for party play. EXP bonuses with small parties are also a bit small when compared to the 6 man party.
    Good luck finding a map big enough for 6 players and 6 players who all want to be in a party though.
  • CurCurRotCurCurRot
    Reactions: 630
    edited May 2020
    if you want to party up with people, join Reboot server(if you dont mind grinding tons and tons of mesos everyday) otherwise that thing is pretty dead in Normal Server. I hardly find strangers who willing to help even on mid-game bosses so what's left for you to do? You have to play alone, at low level content of the game.
    Doing low level quests and exploring arent a thing anymore. it just a waste of time.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited May 2020
    Everything is solo life except mid/end game bosses
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    CurCurRot wrote: »
    if you want to party up with people, join Reboot server(if you dont mind grinding tons and tons of mesos everyday) otherwise that thing is pretty dead in Normal Server. I hardly find strangers who willing to help even on mid-game bosses so what's left for you to do? You have to play alone, at low level content of the game.
    Doing low level quests and exploring arent a thing anymore. it just a waste of time.

Reboot server doesn't do that either. Party play is dead in general. Reboot or otherwise.
    It's something you do with your friends because you're bored, not because you're trying to get gains.
  • CurCurRotCurCurRot
    Reactions: 630
    edited May 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »

Reboot server doesn't do that either. Party play is dead in general. Reboot or otherwise.
    It's something you do with your friends because you're bored, not because you're trying to get gains.

Oh that's really sad to hear. I quitted the game long time ago but around the time when Reboot first came out, people still enjoy party up with each other, like you can literally feel the nostalgia coming back to you.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »

Oh that's really sad to hear. I quitted the game long time ago but around the time when Reboot first came out, people still enjoy party up with each other, like you can literally feel the nostalgia coming back to you.

Yeah when the server first came out people did that because it was excessively new and a lot of people were forced into the same maps anyway.
    Now that people are established it's just like any other server as far as solo story goes.
    If nexon really wants to fix party play they need to change the combat loop, make bigger maps or increase spawns (and remove Kishin/Totem) and give better loot rewards for being in a party.
    EXP could be left the same if they change the combat loop to be harder to map clear, otherwise it might need a boost too.
  • IMewcoIMewco
    Reactions: 925
    edited May 2020
    Leveling up and grinding is entirely solo for the most part. And that's a good thing. A large number of players do NOT want their speed if progression capped by their party members and if they can find members in the first place. There are ofcourse party options, like CWPQ, but most players opt out of those on the more fact that grinding is just faster and they dont have to go through the trouble of finding party members.
    On the other hand, if you put in the time and effort to reach mid/end-game party play is heavily encouraged in bosses such as Lucid, Will, Damien, Lotus, etc. I believe this is a much better system then partying while grinding.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited May 2020
    But theres really no more people with who I can enjoy anything now? I like to do low level quest, and just explore. Theres really any bunch of people for do that?

There been a spike in Ursus raids and many hard boss parties in most servers this only causes one reason, players want more party playing. I think that some players crave the party play, but the issue is Nexon had a way to get people to party play years ago, now they don't seem to know how to do it.

Ursus is a good boss that takes 18 people to kill. now if we had maybe 5-15 bosses like Ursus that takes 12-24 people to kill and you can farm items in it or maybe even arcane gear that would be a good way to get people into the game.

I feel that more party play is needed and I also even recommended in the past and still do PVP as we had that before. Right now as the game is you hold down one key and put on the insane gear and you're a pro you don't even need to move an inch. that type of gaming isn't good and I hope Nexon fixes it as we as players deserve better.

Hope our voices are heard......................