[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Familiar revamp feel like a punishment for reboot

venshinvenshin
Reactions: 530
So what is the point of the familiar revamp on reboot? With the recent drop changes it's almost impossible to farm familiars and we can't buy the Red Familiar Card. A revamp of a existing game mechanics like familiar systems should be something to improve the game not to punish players, this feel really unfair.
LostxTurtlesRockzmintMicaliciouspat159HeeroOfLight

Comments

• zmintzmint
    Reactions: 635
    edited May 2020
    I agree, please make familiar card drop rates reasonable so that people can in a realistic amount of time gain back their IED stats they lost from the codex.
    pat159
  • pat159pat159
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited May 2020
    Agreed, the drop rate doesn't make it balanced in any way. The familiar shop with this drop rate is not even realisticly possible. 7500 hours of farming for 1 booster pack? Please do tell me how is that balanced? And that's 7500 hours of farming a mob that doesn't give mesos, items or exp basically. Why would you try and make lvl 200+ players spend a few years of non-stop farming at snails just to be able to buy a familiar booster pack? And reboot doesn't get to reroll potentials, awesome even more absurd amounts of time to get a familiar with decent potential. How about the badges? So without booster packs we can all agree it's pointless to even try to complete any badges right? I mean having to kill bosses to get their familiars with this drop rate... Do i have to sit in a map waiting for the boss to spawn and then cc for a whole year to get that boss' familiar card? Let's not forget i'm not playing the game alone, so make that a few years competing with other players for the boss. Absolutely a big slap in the face, revamping a system just to make it unusable, what was the point of wasting ressources to revamp it if players won't even be able to use it in any realistic situation. If you farm for a good familiar / badge, if you're lucky you will get them before maplestory dies out with the current drop rate. But on the other hand you won't have progressed in the game what so ever while farming them.
    Prophetie