[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I don't enjoy the Familiar update

Icewave21Icewave21
Reactions: 1,450
edited April 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
This update had a lot of hype surrounding it and I'm honestly just disappointed with how it turned out. There are too many bugs and stuff like unobtainable familiars in the badge system making it impossible.

All the monsters have too low drop rate for farming to be feasible. Then you blanket nerf monsters that had drop rates that made sense...

I killed over 600 Timers in hopes to get its familiar card. Timer Spawns once every 20 minutes in 20 channels.... I didn't get a single familiar card.

I'm not enjoying the game with these current updates and I'm not going to play anymore if this is intended. I hope you reconsider these changes.
LostxTurtlesRockQuilavaJacaruCoahtemocMisterKrekelGoldAdventurerzmintPerezDeQueya80

Comments

• MicaliciousMicalicious
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited April 2020
    If nexon doesn't fix this, i'm sure a lot will join you in leaving. I'm giving them 2 weeks to correct this.
    zmint
  • TurtlesRockTurtlesRock
    Reactions: 1,845
    edited April 2020
    Icewave21 wrote: »
    I killed over 600 Timers in hopes to get its familiar card. Timer Spawns once every 20 minutes in 20 channels.... I didn't get a single familiar card.

Yeah, what is nexon even thinking.
    Icewave21 wrote: »
    This update had a lot of hype surrounding it and I'm honestly just disappointed with how it turned out. There are too many bugs and stuff like unobtainable familiars in the badge system making it impossible.

Having these unobtainable familiars in these badges is just inexcusable. These boss familiars that require insane luck might as well be unobtainable too.
  • pat159pat159
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited April 2020
    I knew some familiars were either unobtainable or had ridiculously low drop rate before the patch, but revamping the system i figured it meant revamping the WHOLE system including drops and making every monster supposed to drop familiar cards actually drop it at a reasonable rate. However they simply revamped the ui and how familiars function into something that doesn't take you 1-3 familiars per monster to achieve but instead hundreds or thousands since it's the same idea as cubes. I honestly don't think they thought it through one bit when doing the revamp. They expect people to sink in way too much time in the new system where it would of taken a few days in the old one.
    zmint
  • zmintzmint
    Reactions: 635
    edited May 2020
    Yeah imo it’s simple. They want to give drop rate according to their tier. Then they should make common have a common drop rate. Maybe 50% since it will take so many to get a stat you want. People shouldnt have to farm lvl 10 snails for 20 minutes for one card. Completely unenjoyable
    pat159PerezDeQueya80
  • pat159pat159
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited May 2020
    zmint wrote: »
    Yeah imo it’s simple. They want to give drop rate according to their tier. Then they should make common have a common drop rate. Maybe 50% since it will take so many to get a stat you want. People shouldnt have to farm lvl 10 snails for 20 minutes for one card. Completely unenjoyable

Actually it's closer to about 1h-1h30 from what i heard people saying. Now imagine the amount of snails you kill in that time span, convert it into killing 1 every 20-30 minutes and reducing the drop rate of that card by even more and you get what it takes to get a boss' familiar card for the badges :D think snails are still unenjoyable?

PS- don't forget for the bosses your competing with the whole server of players and you might get a boss stolen so even 1 every 20-30 minutes is far from a realistic number
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited May 2020
    What familiar update lol
    PerezDeQueya80pat159