[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Adding items in chat breaks game

HaoCowHaoCow
Reactions: 210
edited May 2020 in Bug Reporting
Recently I tried to add a Hilla pet box in chat on my Phantom mule. The moment I clicked on the box, chat disappeared. Tried to relog to fix, the game opens up all black but I hear the background music. Thought it was a bug with the pet box, went on my Kanna, rolled 3 max mp Cra bot, tried to show it in chat and the same thing happened. I can log onto the characters that I haven't done this on. Uninstalled reinstalled, Installed on steam, restarted comp. Nothing :(
Icewave21

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited May 2020
    You must have clicked the 4th button which is the "external chat" button that put your chat window outside of the Maple Story window.
    You probably can't see the external chat if your resolution is not wide enough.
    You can put the chat window back inside Maple Story by going to setting > option > game > chat box > uncheck "External chat box for windowed mode".

Just to be clear, the 2nd button from the left is the "item link" button, not the 4th button.
    HaoCow
  • Icewave21Icewave21
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited May 2020
    External chat causes the game to show a blackscreen if you're using 1366 x 768, 1280 x 720, 1024 x 768, or 1920 x 1080 resolution. The fix to this is to lower your resolution to the minimum on a different character and hop back on the character that has external chat enabled and turn it off.
    Prophetie