[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Getting weired whispers from people.

AquasisAquasis
Reactions: 1,125
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2020 in General Chat
Hellooo good people of Maple World. I have bin getting really really weired whispers of people in aparanley Private channels. In all my years of playing Maplestory i never seen that before. Like litterly never ever. It keeps bugging me. Am i mistaking and is there nothing wrong or is there more going on here?.

Whispers were dispalyed as <Private Channel> "Name-of-character" and then the message.

I had bin getting 3 of those messages pretty agressivly to join a specifik guild that i had (and wil not) no intrest in to join what so ever.

So my qeustion is this: Is that a thing to do these days? Then im mistaking and theres nothing wrong then.

Wen i normally whisper with someone it ALWAYS displays the channel someones in. I never came across something like this so it doesnt feel right right now.

Tnx for reading and if someone knows more im happy to hear about it.

-Paxius- (Luna player)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    Some content has "private channels". This includes things like Commerci Union PQ and boss Magnus' lobby and fight.

If these people are harassing you, you can report them and/or their guild to Nexon Customer Support http://support-maplestory.nexon.net
  • AquasisAquasis
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    Ok thank you for the reply. I did not know that that was as a thing ill keep it in mind. If they keep whispering ill take further steps and report them. Thnx for the intel ^_^
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited May 2020
    Aquasis wrote: »
    Ok thank you for the reply. I did not know that that was as a thing ill keep it in mind. If they keep whispering ill take further steps and report them. Thnx for the intel ^_^

I would say the best thing to do would be to manually block it out or controller your social. The game put in many things within the game to manually block, people, guilds, or people you don't want to talk to or get messages from. I would say that this would be a way of solving it on your own.

Hope this helps

ZWu4wex.png
    buQ96ud.png
    ZjOQEGG.png
  • AquasisAquasis
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    Thats verry usefull tnx for the tips :)
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited May 2020