[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

2x EXP/DROP Event DC/Lag. followed by permaban

EagleCapeEagleCape
Reactions: 300
edited May 2020 in General Chat
Hi all,

Was training on my kanna during the 2x Anniversary EXP/Drop Bonanza event on my kanna. Was constantly being DC'd due to the supposed influx of players. After I found a map, I trained for about 35 minutes or so. Got DC'd once again but this time I was logged out. Logged back in, tried to join a server and received the notification that I was permabanned. I have not installed any programs/hacks ever, let alone recently. Did this happen to anyone else?

Thanks

Comments

• CifulandCifuland
    Reactions: 410
    edited May 2020
    You can't play kanna... duh!
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    This is hilarious.
  • DavOpsDavOps
    Reactions: 560
    edited May 2020

Brother, didn't you know that playing Kanna in this game is illegal? Sorry but I don't think you can get your account back
  • VyrtaeVyrtae
    Reactions: 875
    edited May 2020
    Happening to a lot of people apparently. Bans seem to be related to the Liberated Spirit Circle skill proccing multiple times due to the server lag.
    EagleCape
  • guardaosguardaos
    Reactions: 410
    edited May 2020
    You are not the only one, my character got banned too due to the lag while on a commerci ship. Guess we gotta submit ban appeals and cross fingers
    EagleCape
  • BowtiemadnessBowtiemadness
    Reactions: 215
    edited May 2020
    Nexon in a nutshell.

Here guys let´s give you a 2x exp event even though our servers are terrible and we only have 20 channels and even without the exp event the servers are full. Will we give you more channels to play on? No why would we?

Oh one last thing! You might get banned due to glitches that happen due to server lag, completely our fault but you will get banned.
    EagleCape
  • EagleCapeEagleCape
    edited May 2020
    DavOps wrote: »
    Brother, didn't you know that playing Kanna in this game is illegal? Sorry but I don't think you can get your account back

Seems like it has happened to many people. Hoping it's a big enough issue that nexon can investigate it more!
  • EagleCapeEagleCape
    edited May 2020
    guardaos wrote: »
    You are not the only one, my character got banned too due to the lag while on a commerci ship. Guess we gotta submit ban appeals and cross fingers

Was this during the 2x event?
  • EagleCapeEagleCape
    edited May 2020
    Vyrtae wrote: »
    Happening to a lot of people apparently. Bans seem to be related to the Liberated Spirit Circle skill proccing multiple times due to the server lag.

Really hoping nexon fixes this. Possibly some hackers truly did get banned as deserved, but it seems like this ban wave had a heavy impact on innocent players like myself.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited May 2020
    EagleCape wrote: »

Really hoping nexon fixes this. Possibly some hackers truly did get banned as deserved, but it seems like this ban wave had a heavy impact on innocent players like myself.

Hackers getting banned? Likely, but not like it matters as they´ll just have another account running shortly after. The truth is that Nexon's autobanning only works on players, botters will set up new shop and keep on because you are banning an account, not an IP, neither are they enhancing security to avoid whatever program they run from working.
    So many measures are put on Kanna because its the most botted character of them all, and instead of removing the spawn increase from Kishin and deal with the core of the issue they just dance around it instead. Playing Kanna is playing Russian Roulette, its pure chance if you get banned or not. Being this way for years too, everytime anything big happens and legit Kannas are getting banned.
    EagleCape
  • EagleCapeEagleCape
    edited May 2020
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    EagleCape wrote: »

Hackers getting banned? Likely, but not like it matters as they´ll just have another account running shortly after. The truth is that Nexon's autobanning only works on players, botters will set up new shop and keep on because you are banning an account, not an IP, neither are they enhancing security to avoid whatever program they run from working.
    So many measures are put on Kanna because its the most botted character of them all, and instead of removing the spawn increase from Kishin and deal with the core of the issue they just dance around it instead. Playing Kanna is playing Russian Roulette, its pure chance if you get banned or not. Being this way for years too, everytime anything big happens and legit Kannas are getting banned.

I understand here, but there were many honest players getting banned and it's just sad to see. Quite bias since I was one of those players to get banned. The point of all of this is not to raise awareness about deserved bans, but false bans for honest and legitimate players.
  • 90sMash90sMash
    Reactions: 310
    SAME HERE! i was grinding on my kanna and the spirit circle was multiplying cause of lag and then i got dced, tried logging in again then this massage pops up says im perma banned!, i sent a ticket to nexon and today they replied to me saying that my ticked is declined and that they found third party programs during their inspection!, what in the hell is going on man! alot of players got banned because your server is terrible during 2x event! its not third party programs.. i mean why use a third party program to multipl
    EagleCape
  • GandalfBergmanGandalfBergman
    Reactions: 920
    edited May 2020
    I sent in a ticket but I didn't get a response yet, Hopefully they will make an announcement about this as it has happened before.
    EagleCape
  • EagleCapeEagleCape
    edited May 2020
    90sMash wrote: »
    SAME HERE! i was grinding on my kanna and the spirit circle was multiplying cause of lag and then i got dced, tried logging in again then this massage pops up says im perma banned!, i sent a ticket to nexon and today they replied to me saying that my ticked is declined and that they found third party programs during their inspection!, what in the hell is going on man! alot of players got banned because your server is terrible during 2x event! its not third party programs.. i mean why use a third party program to multipl

You got a reply back already?
  • EagleCapeEagleCape
    edited May 2020
    @Ghiblee
    edited May 2020
    @Ghiblee
  • EagleCapeEagleCape
    edited May 2020

Do you know anyone that has heard back from nexon by any chance?
  • keikochankeikochan
    edited May 2020
    I just sent my 3rd comment on my ticket to nexon just a little while ago.
    I sent a ticket in as soon as it happened to me because I am new to the game and didnt know why it happened.
    I checked the forum and was like oop- I guess I picked the wrong character to main since I chose Kanna.
    I sent my message to them around 11pm EST on 5/9/2020.
    No reply yet but it said up to 48 hours - with the additional hours from being overwhelmed or something.
    edited May 2020
    On reddit someone apparently got a response from a Senior GM saying that they are looking into the issue, hopefully we all get unbanned lol
  • EagleCapeEagleCape
    edited May 2020
    On reddit someone apparently got a response from a Senior GM saying that they are looking into the issue, hopefully we all get unbanned lol

Fingers crossed!