[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Which to play first (unfunded)? Hero vs TB

1sekai1sekai
Reactions: 400
edited May 2020 in General Chat
I have played both until 4th job and really enjoyed both. I like how simple heroes are, but I also enjoy the speed and combos TB can do as well. I am having a hard time deciding which class to main (first at least). I think I will play both to prevent burn out but for now, which class is best unfunded to get me to a funded state? At what level would be a "funded state"?

From what I understand, mobbing is better on TB but Heroes are better at bossing? Does that matter?

Thanks for future replies, I feel stuck as I am unsure of which direction to proceed.
  1. Better Unfunded?6 votes
    1. Heroes
       50% (3 votes)
    2. Thunder Breakers
       50% (3 votes)

Comments

• HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited May 2020
    Mobbing with Heroes I feel is a bit clunky, Thunder Breakers get far better movement. You'll be doing mobbing a lot but there are no classes right now that truly suffer from bad mobbing, so it will be decided by what do you enjoy doing repeatedly the most.

From bossing Heroes do get the upper hand in survival and damage. Haven't bossed much with either but Thunder Breakers having to jump and move a lot can put them in bad positions, and with bosses being the one hit kill kind nowadays that's something to keep in mind.

Bossing does matter as its the best way to get funded, boss equips are the best equips in the game. Heroes do have a better set to do bossing than TBs but in the end it will depend on what are you most comfortable with.

My vote in the end goes with TBs because I don't like how clunky Heroes feel to play.
    1sekai
  • OkitsMsOkitsMs
    Reactions: 885
    edited May 2020
    You'll get the most bang for your bucks off a Hero.
    1sekai
  • 1sekai1sekai
    Reactions: 400
    edited May 2020
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Mobbing with Heroes I feel is a bit clunky, Thunder Breakers get far better movement. You'll be doing mobbing a lot but there are no classes right now that truly suffer from bad mobbing, so it will be decided by what do you enjoy doing repeatedly the most.

From bossing Heroes do get the upper hand in survival and damage. Haven't bossed much with either but Thunder Breakers having to jump and move a lot can put them in bad positions, and with bosses being the one hit kill kind nowadays that's something to keep in mind.

Bossing does matter as its the best way to get funded, boss equips are the best equips in the game. Heroes do have a better set to do bossing than TBs but in the end it will depend on what are you most comfortable with.

My vote in the end goes with TBs because I don't like how clunky Heroes feel to play.

Thanks! I enjoy them both and I don't mind the clunky feel of Heroes. I will eventually play both but right now as a beginner I need to just get funded. Thanks again!