[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

"Illegal program or malicious code detected" -

Comments

• OkitsMsOkitsMs
    Reactions: 885
    edited May 2020
    I'm having the same issue...
  • TurtlesRockTurtlesRock
    Reactions: 1,845
    edited May 2020
    Yup
  • HerptheDerpHerptheDerp
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited May 2020
    crashed before going into a lucid run, crashed at p2. Thanks Nexon
    Does the word "Test" mean anything to you?
  • TropismTropism
    Reactions: 1,415
    edited May 2020
    I'm so tired of being disconnected for hacking when I'm standing in Vanishing Journey. Help please.

https://ibb.co/jkHHm79

IGN: Surfy
    LVL: 244
    World: Aurora
    Area of Disconnection: Vanishing Journey

System: Windows 10/Bootcamp
  • msbdmmsbdm
    Reactions: 310
    edited May 2020
    THIS! needs to be fixed or refund the cost of the BILLION mesos chair.. this is ridiculous to have to constantly sign on over and over again. Why are we getting this issue, this is my 7th try to stand in the pixel coin area only to DC for this bogus hacking error. Why is Nexon not addressing this issue ? It's impossible to play the game! Take the game down and fix it or take it off line but quit ignoring everyone its so frustrating!
    kaecherry
  • kaecherrykaecherry
    Reactions: 700
    edited May 2020
    yeah it's happened to me 3 times now and it's just annoying at this point.
  • NanokamiNanokami
    Reactions: 500
    edited May 2020
    The game is lagging so bad that I can't even gather daily pixel coins without major lag spikes. The monsters stay still for 10-20 seconds, then I am accused of hacking by the GM police, even though I did no such thing. Does anyone know if the servers are lagging this badly or if it is the real hackers moving between the channels or something?
  • HLoveCHLoveC
    Reactions: 100
    I got message “ Illegal program or malicious code detected. The game will force quit.” I just let my characters be afk to get pixel coin..... What is wrong?
  • 1BadWiz1BadWiz
    Hello, unfortunately it is happening to me too. It started about 1 hour ago, and now the game will not even let me in after entering my PIC.
  • SirLagsAlotSirLagsAlot
    Reactions: 310
    This is my 3rd time IN A ROW after yesterday's maintenance that I've crashed with this Illegal Program bug while playing monster drop minigame. Please! The only thing I can think of that is causing the crash is maybe Steam since that's the only app I have open. But I run the client through Steam....
  • LafferlafferLafferlaffer
    Reactions: 300
    edited May 2020
    Happening to me ALL THE TIME! ...SO frustrating!
  • ThroweerThroweer
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2020
    After maintaining day ago, I've been disconnected every 10 minutes. you need to maintain this Issue again Nexon
  • KnyteKnyte
    Reactions: 425
    edited May 2020
    This was happening before maintenance, but now after maintenance it's much much worse. Now I disconnect to this "illegal program" junk every five to ten minutes on both my main desktop and kishin laptop with no other programs running on either.
  • onxyamonxyam
    edited May 2020
    Yup. Literally happens to me multiple times every single day. I don't know what causes it but pretty sure it's a bug, so if you are getting it you probably shouldn't be alarmed.
  • VampunkVampunk
    Reactions: 200
    Ohh thank god im not the only person having this issue
  • SepticGamesSepticGames
    Yo NEXON can we get an answer?!?! this issue is literately making it impossible to play the game! getting force shut down for a "hack" that doesn't exist every few
  • xninakixninaki
    Reactions: 510
    edited May 2020
    They are just failing in an epic way at answering concerns. The mass disconnects and lag spikes are plaguing us all. Don't worry though! I'm sure Nexon will patch something else that isn't affecting the entire player base in the next go around and we can deal with it some more!
  • Laby_SanotanLaby_Sanotan
    edited May 2020
    Since maintenance, I've had the following message kick me off to the desktop anywhere from 0.003 seconds of logging in to 30 minutes after:
    Illegal program or malicious code detected, the game will force quit.
    But what? I've now run the game right from restart where just the launcher and game were running, to having it run on steam or both with just Firefox. I've run multiple antivirus scans and its always the same, at random and without warning, the game closes and I get that message.

Nexon, I think you broke the game badly this time. Might want to look into it. Yes its the weekend, but something has to be wrong when your game thinks the windows operating system itself is an illegal program or malicious code.
  • AlphAlph
    Another person here with complaints about constant crashing with same error code as the people above. Standing AFK, bossing or doing dailies, doesnt matter I keep getting the crash. Had it occasionally since I started playing again early April, but after the latest maintenance its happening every 10 to 15 minutes.
  • EmelinStrikerEmelinStriker
    Reactions: 900
    edited May 2020
    I'm honestly not sure if I received this message before the last update (my connection is instable in general ever since we moved to an apartment) due to my game crashing like at least once a day, so I usually just click away the crash message and log back on. But this issue became kinda more clear for me in the past 3-4 hours. I let my character stay afk in the Pixel Sauna for at least half an hour and when I came back it crashed. No big deal, can happen with my connection. But then it crashed again. So I reset my wifi. Then it crashed again, which is unusual for me even with minor connection issues, and I actually read the crash message for once in months and got hella confused.

I believe the GMS Discord announcement refers to another log-in/connection issue because I'm from Europe and didn't even change regions today...

Good to know I'm not the only one with this issue and there's a bunch here and on Discord. But it honestly sucks because I had to always check on my game while doing the laundry, and then stand there for like 5 minutes just to log back in.

Gonna try doing my dailies now, so hopefully it won't crash-