[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Add expensive super cubes to Reboot

StigHelmerStigHelmer
Reactions: 525
I have got bad luck ok. No i don't care that "thats the way it's always been in maplestory". The cube system sucks! I didn't just spend 2 hours of meso farming and 3 weeks of maple tour to get 5% def in my cape.

Maybe im missing something but i always found cubing to be the most horible part of progression. It's so damn depressing just watching all your mesos go to waste because you just don't have any luck. Gambling sucks, idk.
I would rather spend 3b mesos and have a 100% chance to get 12% str, 9% str and 9% str on my top or whatever than se 500 lines of 30% chance to reflect damage or some stupid garbage.

50 % of all the potential lines are crap anyways. OUTRIGHT REMOVE!!!!! % defense, and all thoes 20%-30% chance to ignore enemy defense. They don't serve any purpose. Even better, just cut out the middle man and make it a hand gesture of someone fliping you off.

The system in place for getting a viable potential is the kind of end game sht you would do to like a genesis weapon you got from the black mage and you're working on dealing damage cap lines anyways.

IDK i jut dont know maybe im stupid or something haha <3.
TurtlesRock

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2020
    StigHelmer wrote: »
    I didn't just spend 2 hours of meso farming and 3 weeks of maple tour to get 5% def in my cape.

You just did though lol

On a more serious note, if you think two hours of meso farming and three weeks of meso park is a lot of work, I would urge you to give up on reboot ASAP. And 3b for 30% stat is never going to happen, unless you get lucky with red/black cubes.

What happens if your more expensive "super cubes" screw someone over via RNG regardless of being "super" cubes? Even more expensive cubes that are just a drop-down list of all possible potential lines?
    Fuhreak
  • StigHelmerStigHelmer
    Reactions: 525
    edited May 2020
    No the super cube would let you choose potential lines. I think violet cubes already does that but to my knowledge they arn't in reboot.

And yea 3b is too low idk how much it would cost.

But still the amount of garbage, unusable and non viable lines you get on especially hats are so frustrating.
  • ShadowRikuShadowRiku
    Reactions: 900
    edited May 2020
    I think red and black are fine as is. I don't want to sound like a negative nancy, but it's really just based on your rng luck.
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    3b is nothing in reboot. And if you spent 2 hours farming meso, plus 3 weeks farming maple tour, only to end up with 5% def, you're definitely doing something wrong.

I really don't want to defend this, but the gambling is necessary for Maple to make money. Some of the useless lines could definitely be pruned, but 3b for a cube that instantly gives 30% stat is absolutely not a good idea in the long term. Why have players spend small amounts of meso (or large if they buy in bulk) continuously if they can buy a cube that gives 30% guaranteed stat once, and never have to cube again. Not to mention the insane power creep a cube like that would cause.

%def lines could definitely be removed. And 20%-30% ignore enemy def is far from useless when you start getting into harder bosses.

You don't have to get triple prime or 30% stat for a potential to be viable either. As long as it increases your damage, you're golden.
    Fuhreak
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    StigHelmer wrote: »
    No the super cube would let you choose potential lines. I think violet cubes already does that but to my knowledge they arn't in reboot.

Are you aware the Violet Cubes aren't readily available in regular servers either? And when they're up for sale they're very limited stock and quite expensive. Violet Cubes also don't let you straight up choose potential, but let's you choose lines out of 6 randomly rolled lines (if your item has been fully expanded to 3 lines). So you can still get 6 complete garbage lines and have to choose 3 out of those to keep.

Cubing in Reboot is already easy enough. I agree some garbage lines can be removed or replaced for both server-types, but I don't think "easy" cubes should be added to Reboot.
  • HerptheDerpHerptheDerp
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited May 2020
    I would be ok with it.
    Meso farming is not a skill. It is a waste of time.
    Wasting 60 hours of time to get 30% on your gear does not mean you are any more skilled than anyone else.
    It means you are a Human bot, and you wasted 60 hours of your life.
  • kaopikaopi
    Reactions: 845
    edited May 2020
    I would be ok with it.
    Wasting 60 hours of time to get 30% on your gear does not mean you are any more skilled than anyone else.

While I get your point, this is a MMO, and it will reward you according to how much time you invest, just like regular jobs do. You get paid for working 40+ hours a week, the same way you get rewarded for grinding for multiple hours in the game, because it is beneficial for them to increase their players gaming time. Even if it doesn't take skill, it takes commitment, discipline, research, and time.

Also, those willing to spend that much time farming don't see it as a waste of time, they just like the game to the degree that they are willing to invest that much time in order to play through more content. The fact that they like the game this much is another reason they deserve to be rewarded more.
    FuhreakProphetie
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2020
    I would be ok with it.

That's how reboot works, bud. If you don't like it you're more than welcome to reroll on a new world.
    Prophetie
  • ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited May 2020
    You can reach 21k stat without a single 3Line potential and with multiple Unique pieces.
    Such cubes would hurt the entire concept of progression. You'd go from 6% epic lines to end game gear with no in-between.

As for meso farming, I reached 8k legion and a 21k stat without ever using a Kanna to farm mesos.
    It's just a shortcut for those who are into it
    Optimizing your mesos by waiting for specific events, using all the free cubes/flames you can get and knowing what you're doing is more important than getting meso fast.
    Ursus+Maple Tour is almost 1b/week. Doing weekly bosses on two characters and some daily Nmag/Papulatus/Arkarium will give you another bil for minimal time investment.
    Fuhreak