[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot multiple disconnects per day

xninakixninaki
Reactions: 510
edited May 2020 in Tech Support
I've been getting kicked out of the game with Maplestory force closing on its own on a Windows 10 64bit computer. Anyone else having these issues? It'd be nice if they either upgraded the server capacity or added more channels with as many people play on Reboot now. What do all of my fellow Maplers think?
  1. Reboot needs a server capacity Revamp?5 votes
    1. Needs Higher capacity for max number of players per channel?
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Needs more channels to spread the load?
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Needs both?
       100% (5 votes)

Comments

• xninakixninaki
    Reactions: 510
    edited May 2020
    Well, more disconnects now than ever. I'm up to about 15-25 a day, and that's only if I get fed up with trying and wait a few hours.

Anyone else having these issues [Reboot]?
  • DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    xninaki wrote: »
    Well, more disconnects now than ever. I'm up to about 15-25 a day, and that's only if I get fed up with trying and wait a few hours.

Anyone else having these issues [Reboot]?

Not normally, but it's done it to me like 5 times in less than ten minutes just today. :(
  • CannonizeCannonize
    Reactions: 605
    Hello,
    I am also having this issue, random disconnections, freezes and shutdowns. Since the latest maintenance my game closes with a message "Illegal program or malicious code detected. The game will force quit." I usually dc twice per 30 minutes, sometimes more often. The game is playable but I don't enjoy playing it at all. I also have a couple of comments regarding performance of MapleStory client:
    - Wizet/Nexon splash screen causes the game to not respond for some time.
    - Simiarly after logging into the game, this "Sunny sunday" window freezes game for a while although it appears to be a simple window.
    - Entering the cash shop causes some strange refresh with a blink of previously visited map/area, like it was still stored somehow in the memory.

One of more serious issues is that MapleStory client crashed my graphic card. After a unexpected shutdown my screen started to blink in black/red and shake. I observed that there are casual peaks (100%) in performance of GPU. For me it looks like memory allocation issues and I wonder what we as players can do to help improve the game and enjoy playing it like in good old times. I have been playing this game since very long time. I remember that in the past the game worked flawlessly and I enjoyed so much playing MS although it was much harder and more time-consuming to lvl up. I am speaking about Global MS and times where Maple Radio was alive. I used to ask DJs to play Michael Jackson's songs. So my question is, Nexon: What can we do to improve the game?
  • PelelachanPelelachan
    Reactions: 300
    Normally the game crashes twice a day for me, but after the maintenance, it happens every 20-25 minutes, without saying the Lag-freezes issue that
  • HassledHassled
    Reactions: 100
    Same problems for me, also windows 10 - 64 bit. Im playing EU reboot and keep getting dc'd every 5 or 10 mins because of the "Illegal program or malicious code detected''.