[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Which type of weapon for a level 200+ Paladin?

MawgMawg
Reactions: 1,350
edited May 2020 in General Chat
I am currently level 220, using a 1H sword and a secondary weapon.

I use 1H because it gives me more star force & potential slots. Is that a logical choice?

I assume that 2H does more damage, but is slower - but that's just a gut feeling (as is my gut feeling that Nexon are unlikely to allow either a 1H or 2H to be "better", so I guess that there are trade-offs).

I use a sword, as opposed to a blunt weapon because ... I don't know any better ... ?

Can someone tell me in plain English, not too technical, which is better for a funded pally who never PQs, only solos?

If there is no real difference, then maybe I should just use whatever is cheaper in the auction house F2

Comments

• KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited May 2020
    For aesthetics (and that sweet sweet +1 speed) 1h sword and shield, you can also just go two handed and equip the secondary weapon but you will notice the speed difference...BUT you asked for short and simple.

Buy a terminus defender star it to high heaven cube it for att% and be a tanky boi!!!

Mawg
  • MawgMawg
    Reactions: 1,350
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for that.

I still don't understand speed. I mean, I know what the English word means, but my speed is 136%, and I don;t have any feel for what +1 would mean :-/

About Terminus Defender: I was using a Timeless Kite Shield, but now use a secondary weapon (sacred rosary), only because the shield was Epic, but I got the secondary to Legendary F2

I got great M.Att stats on my I/L mage's VIP shield, so maybe I should go for that with my pally?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Mawg wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

I still don't understand speed. I mean, I know what the English word means, but my speed is 136%, and I don;t have any feel for what +1 would mean :-/

About Terminus Defender: I was using a Timeless Kite Shield, but now use a secondary weapon (sacred rosary), only because the shield was Epic, but I got the secondary to Legendary F2

I got great M.Att stats on my I/L mage's VIP shield, so maybe I should go for that with my pally?

Attack speed is a separate number compared to speed. Speed controls how fast your character walks—largely unimportant—while attack speed controls how fast your character hits.
    One-handed swords hit faster than two-handed swords, which allows them to deal more damage (in addition to being able to equip a shield, which can have stars added and therefore grants more bonuses than a Rosary. The tradeoff to this is that two-handed swords have a higher attack multiplier, which increases your damage directly.

But ultimately the choice is up to you. Going for the cheaper option in the auction house is probably a good choice regardless of what you wind up with.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited May 2020
    For Explorer Warriors the best combination seems to be 1H weapon and Deimos Shield which you can get from Empress. You get the Terminus Defender from the Marvel Machine (which I don't recommend) or from the Auction House if someone is selling it and you are in normal servers.