[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

though on the upcoming beast tamer changes?

AllowedAllowed
Reactions: 1,045
edited May 2020 in General Chat
What do you think they will change about beast tamer?

I hope no nerfs..

Comments

• AllowedAllowed
    edited May 2020
    Allowed wrote: »
    What do you think they will change about beast tamer?

I hope no nerfs..

I just hope some buffs and Qol changes.
  • Luminous0014Luminous0014
    Reactions: 1,055
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    I don't know about how it actually is, but I don't think I see many Beast Tamers grinding around. So I think it might be a big boost to Beast Tamer's skills to make more people play that class.

But then again, GMS is trying to be more like KMS (nerfing kishin and possibly removing it in the future), KMS doesn't have Beast Tamer either. So it might still be a nerf, just because its Nexon.
  • AllowedAllowed
    edited May 2020
    I don't know about how it actually is, but I don't think I see many Beast Tamers grinding around. So I think it might be a big boost to Beast Tamer's skills to make more people play that class.

But then again, GMS is trying to be more like KMS (nerfing kishin and possibly removing it in the future), KMS doesn't have Beast Tamer either. So it might still be a nerf, just because its Nexon.

I know some fellow beast tamer mains but yea we're a pretty small community who actually mains it.
  • NovuhzNovuhz
    Reactions: 810

I know some fellow beast tamer mains but yea we're a pretty small community who actually mains it.

It's hard to main a class when we can't even make it to begin with. So a lot of players who start this game for a first time or w/e and pick their main they probably don't want to change main later in the game when it becomes available to make. I don't understand why they even do this.
    Fuhreak
  • AllowedAllowed
    edited May 2020
    Novuhz wrote: »

It's hard to main a class when we can't even make it to begin with. So a lot of players who start this game for a first time or w/e and pick their main they probably don't want to change main later in the game when it becomes available to make. I don't understand why they even do this.

Pretty sure it comes back with this revamp as they did it with firts revamp aswell.
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited May 2020
    I really hope it gives changes and buffs to bird mode, and if I could ask for one thing it would be to let the bear modes hammer time skill allow you to move as you pound.
  • AllowedAllowed
    edited June 2020
    Krimlock wrote: »
    I really hope it gives changes and buffs to bird mode, and if I could ask for one thing it would be to let the bear modes hammer time skill allow you to move as you pound.

To be honest i kind of want furious strike to be a seperate skill instead of casting paw swipe firts.
  • OhGodWhyMEOhGodWhyME
    Reactions: 555
    edited June 2020
    kitty's probably gonna be like HS now, in which you have to be close to the caster for it's effects. Bird is useless so they might change that. Other than making Furious strikes a key down skill, I don't really want any other changes.
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    I mainly want a node for furious strikes. But would it be too much to ask to allow beast tamers to be able to max out all skill trees? I don't think it would make them op or anything, but it would give people a lot more freedom to choose their own play style. And thematically, it doesn't make sense to be a beast tamer who fights with animal partners and only being able to use 2 1/2 of them. If beast tamers could max out all skills, it would make the class much more liberated in play style. You could use Fort for bossing, Lai for mobbing, Arby for support and Eka for...whatever it's supposed to be...easy transport? I would also like if Arby's exp increase would be on the same level of holy symbol and a better attack than fire kitty or just throwing animals. I think Arby should have a more viable attack skill. But I'm not a beast tamer main, so I don't know how other people feel about this.
  • AllowedAllowed
    edited June 2020
    Stallben wrote: »
    I mainly want a node for furious strikes. But would it be too much to ask to allow beast tamers to be able to max out all skill trees? I don't think it would make them op or anything, but it would give people a lot more freedom to choose their own play style. And thematically, it doesn't make sense to be a beast tamer who fights with animal partners and only being able to use 2 1/2 of them. If beast tamers could max out all skills, it would make the class much more liberated in play style. You could use Fort for bossing, Lai for mobbing, Arby for support and Eka for...whatever it's supposed to be...easy transport. I would also like if Arby's exp increase would be on the same level of holy symbol and a better attack than fire kitty or just throwing animals. I think Arby should have a more viable attack skill. But I'm not a beast tamer main, so I don't know how other people feel about this.

Paw swipe node does affect furious strike tho.

Also yea it def need seperate sp for each animal.

also kitty needs to be a better support animal.

the skills are really dull which bishop does way better(outside of the 10% critical damage)

Not saying it needs to be in line with bishop but def needs to be closer to bishop supporting.
  • GuindasteGuindaste
    Reactions: 1,040
    edited June 2020
    They will probably nerf Arby's skills to a point it becomes useless like they did to holy symbol.
    They are making some huge efforts to kill any advantage 2 pc may bring to players
  • AllowedAllowed
    edited June 2020
    Guindaste wrote: »
    They will probably nerf Arby's skills to a point it becomes useless like they did to holy symbol.
    They are making some huge efforts to kill any advantage 2 pc may bring to players

meh, most of Arby's skill were already useless(besides the 10% critical damage passive and cards)
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    I wish Nexon gave some preview of what changes Beast Tamer would be getting in their revamp instead of focusing solely on Kanna changes. Yes Kanna's the more popular of the two, but I don't find it sensible to announce a BT revamp alongside Kanna changes, then focus only on what Kanna'e going to get.

As it stands right now, Nexon hasn't given anything to look forward to for BT's revamp. And given the last content revamps that have happened, I find it hard to be optimistic about the potential changes. I'm hoping BT gets some well deserved line count buffs, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Fuhreak
  • MeatMeat
    Reactions: 715
    edited June 2020
    I think everyone should be prepared for that thing related to Hawk Mode being patched out. It seems far too clunky for it to be an intended feature.
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    I mainly want a node for furious strikes. But would it be too much to ask to allow beast tamers to be able to max out all skill trees? I don't think it would make them op or anything, but it would give people a lot more freedom to choose their own play style. And thematically, it doesn't make sense to be a beast tamer who fights with animal partners and only being able to use 2 1/2 of them. If beast tamers could max out all skills, it would make the class much more liberated in play style. You could use Fort for bossing, Lai for mobbing, Arby for support and Eka for...whatever it's supposed to be...easy transport. I would also like if Arby's exp increase would be on the same level of holy symbol and a better attack than fire kitty or just throwing animals. I think Arby should have a more viable attack skill. But I'm not a beast tamer main, so I don't know how other people feel about this.

Paw swipe node does affect furious strike tho.

Also yea it def need seperate sp for each animal.

also kitty needs to be a better support animal.

the skills are really dull which bishop does way better(outside of the 10% critical damage)

Not saying it needs to be in line with bishop but def needs to be closer to bishop supporting.

Does it? I remember reading somewhere the furious strikes didn't have a node. The paw swipe only affected that skill. And since paw swipe and furious strikes are two different skills, the node only effects the paw swipe start up, but not furious strikes itself. But I don't know, maybe what I read was outdated or incorrect but I saw multiple sources say the same thing.
  • rebuiltrebuilt
    Reactions: 615
    edited June 2020
    Does it? I remember reading somewhere the furious strikes didn't have a node. The paw swiped only affected that skill. And since paw swipe and furious strikes are two different skills, the node only effects the paw swipe start up, but not furious strikes itself. But I don't know, maybe what I read was outdated or incorrect but I saw multiple sources say the same thing.

it 100% does — think of furious strikes as an "upgraded" paw swipe that happens after the first few casts; it's well-known for a long time that the paw swipe node affects furious strikes and i'd be interested in seeing your sources to the contrary given that it has been this way for a long, long, long time
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited June 2020
    do we know anything concrete about the BT change?

im more concerned about the nodes for high level BT i hope they don't get screwed over..
  • rebuiltrebuilt
    Reactions: 615
    edited June 2020
    iArrowZ wrote: »
    do we know anything concrete about the BT change?

im more concerned about the nodes for high level BT i hope they don't get screwed over..

no, we don't have any information as of now other than a change is coming — i'm confident it will be for the best, though : )
  • ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited June 2020
    IMO they'll just fix the bugs that make the class viable
    Right clicking off bird mode lets you keep buffs
    Passives stacking
    Leopard basically teleporting across maps if you don't put points in Roar since the rising and diving skills don't have delay.
    Something about the bear skill that sets fire too
    Hopefully it also comes with some buffs that makes her viable without exploiting bugs
  • ShadowRikuShadowRiku
    Reactions: 900
    edited June 2020
    I would like QoL changes and buffs for their passive/active skills.
    Perhaps even some skills that will help them in the long run.

No nerfs, I hope.