[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

my world is gone

Comments

• WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited May 2020
    Krimlock wrote: »
    You now i read all these comments and i have to say that if i was away from the game for idk a few years or months i would go to the main site look at the news and updates tab and click on the giant MAJOR GAME UPDATES button and look at all the changes that have happened sense i last played, just saying...

The info is there not hidden and accessible to everyone at all times, there is no need for a pop up saying your worlds merged cause you know common sense should kick in and make you click on all the new worlds to... you know... check whats up cause your original world is missing.

And if your characters are NOT on said world chances are high that you are logged into another account (take that with a grain of salt), i my self have logged into an account that is over 7 years old and all my characters are present (windia).

yes OP overreacted but
    a simple notification at world selection or mail saying your chars was moved to xxx world/server wont hurt anyone
    just like cashshop updates spam thats on multiple places and in front of you till you log in and wont go away untill you close them
    also
    there is MS2/ThMS that just closed (rip ) and all the players lost their progress without chance to move
    players that dont know about that wont just go search on other servers around to find their acc/char if got moved they will go on first social they find and ask whats going ( if official socials are still runing lol )
    still its not excuse to bash like OP did tho

PS
    have fun reading all the news and MEMoES after such long break and till you land on this http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/49523/world-merges-are-coming-this-august
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited May 2020
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    You now i read all these comments and i have to say that if i was away from the game for idk a few years or months i would go to the main site look at the news and updates tab and click on the giant MAJOR GAME UPDATES button and look at all the changes that have happened sense i last played, just saying...

The info is there not hidden and accessible to everyone at all times, there is no need for a pop up saying your worlds merged cause you know common sense should kick in and make you click on all the new worlds to... you know... check whats up cause your original world is missing.

And if your characters are NOT on said world chances are high that you are logged into another account (take that with a grain of salt), i my self have logged into an account that is over 7 years old and all my characters are present (windia).

yes OP overreacted but
    a simple notification at world selection or mail saying your chars was moved to xxx world/server wont hurt anyone
    just like cashshop updates spam thats on multiple places and in front of you till you log in and wont go away untill you close them
    also
    there is MS2/ThMS that just closed (rip ) and all the players lost their progress without chance to move
    players that dont know about that wont just go search on other servers around to find their acc/char if got moved they will go on first social they find and ask whats going ( if official socials are still runing lol )
    still its not excuse to bash like OP did tho

PS
    have fun reading all the news and MEMoES after such long break and till you land on this http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/49523/world-merges-are-coming-this-august

Actually when you click on major game updates it's literally the 5th banner box talking about world's United so i have no clue what you getting at lol.

Also a game closing is not the same as being away from a game for freaking years and coming back thinking everything's the same...that's just derp thinking seriously? Where you gonna move to from a closing game?

P.s. E-mail was sent out 8/31/2019 telling about the new update and what world's was merged the event went live 8/28/2019...so you can stop with the they should have sent an email lol.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited May 2020

That's not true all the time Nexon has done things without notifying people, one example was with dragonnest. had a fully leveled up and amazing character to only find that it was deleted and gone when I couldn't play the game for 1 month.

They sold the company and didn't even notify players which is wrong. Those who didn't report to keep character or transfer had it deleted. sometimes some updates and stuff are there, but keep in mind a lot of us don't have the time or luxury like some people.

I say its consideration and respect to yes post on their site but also send emails for very important updates. I'm just saying it makes sense if you think about it from the other person's perspective.
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited May 2020
    riza wrote: »

That's not true all the time Nexon has done things without notifying people, one example was with dragonnest. had a fully leveled up and amazing character to only find that it was deleted and gone when I couldn't play the game for 1 month.

They sold the company and didn't even notify players which is wrong. Those who didn't report to keep character or transfer had it deleted. sometimes some updates and stuff are there, but keep in mind a lot of us don't have the time or luxury like some people.

I say its consideration and respect to yes post on their site but also send emails for very important updates. I'm just saying it makes sense if you think about it from the other person's perspective.

Wow look you choose the wrong game to use an example cause DN gave people a month in advance letting people know it was going to close then it gave three months from July to september for players WHO HAD PLAYED FROM JUNE UP to transfer their accounts.

Look my point being they was crystal clear a month in advance about the merges even asked people to name the new worlds, and they even sent emails out about events in said new worlds...

Cause let me tell you I have a freaking inbox going back to 2009 with ALL MapleStory related info they send to people that you know opt in for the news about MapleStory and I'll gladly post up the email info from 08/31/2019 about the world merge.

So for the love of saint Pete stop with the "ThEY ShOULd HavE SeNt aN eMaIL"
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited May 2020
    Taehyung