[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please give Adele on June 10th

LaxrsiLaxrsi
Reactions: 1,115
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As the title states, we should get Adele on June 10th similar to MapleSEA where they got her in the first patch.
emperor52Jacaru

Comments

• yeendevyeendev
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited June 2020
    MSEA's decision to release a new class on the first day of a new patch was a terrible idea and the servers crashed and burned. No thanks.
    iArrowZJettLuvsUIMewcoPirateIzzy
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    I'd prefer having her on the 22nd, actually. This gives people time to prep weapons and additional gear for her.
    yeendev
  • LaxrsiLaxrsi
    edited June 2020
    AaronHusky wrote: »
    I'd prefer having her on the 22nd, actually. This gives people time to prep weapons and additional gear for her.

But people have had 6 months to prep. If they haven't done any prepping during that time, two weeks won't make much of a difference.
    Cerelex wrote: »
    MSEA's decision to release a new class on the first day of a new patch was a terrible idea and the servers crashed and burned. No thanks.

What makes you think the server won't be like that then when the 24th comes around?
    emperor52EXdestWONDERGUY
  • yeendevyeendev
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited June 2020
    Laxrsi wrote: »
    What makes you think the server won't be like that then when the 24th comes around?

Because new patches are already a crapshow, Adele AND a new patch at once is double trouble.
  • LaxrsiLaxrsi
    edited June 2020
    Cerelex wrote: »

Because new patches are already a crapshow, Adele AND a new patch at once is double trouble.

Releasing her later or now makes no difference. Release now - server is unstable due to influx of players. Release later - server is unstable due to influx of players. People want Adele more out of everything in this patch. Releasing her later only puts her behind on collecting coins.
    emperor52EXdestWONDERGUY
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020

But people have had 6 months to prep. If they haven't done any prepping during that time, two weeks won't make much of a difference.

People need to prep weapons for her too. And nobody has a weapon for adele ready at this moment, nor will they if Adele is released day one of Rise.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2020
    Sounds like you're just impatient, OP. That's not a good enough reason to muck with previously-set schedules.
    yeendevemperor52ProphetieFuhreakIMewcoPirateIzzy
  • LaxrsiLaxrsi
    edited June 2020

People need to prep weapons for her too. And nobody has a weapon for adele ready at this moment, nor will they if Adele is released day one of Rise.

Again two weeks is not much prep time and most of the work already started when Adele was first announced. That means whether she is available next week or the 24th, most people should have the NX/mesos/maple points to star gearing her upon release. The only difference is the delay in playing her which a lot of people were looking forward to.
    emperor52EXdestWONDERGUY
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2020

Again two weeks is not much prep time and most of the work already started when Adele was first announced. That means whether she is available next week or the 24th, most people should have the NX/mesos/maple points to star gearing her upon release. The only difference is the delay in playing her which a lot of people were looking forward to.

Oh boy, i cannot wait for Hard Gloom that is coming AFTER Adele. I want Hard Gloom first so I can get a 22 star 200 ring for my new main.
  • ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited June 2020
    Releasing the most hyped new class on the first day of a Tera burning event and summer patch? I don't know what server you play on but Reboot was literally full without those a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure people want to lose stuff to rollbacks or server crashes in the middle of powerleveling their Adele.
    Plus releasing her on the 10th would allow us to benefit from the Pixel Shop, notably the Mega Burninator Coupon and the tradeable ring which it seems is not their wish (based on new classes not being allowed during burning events).
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2020
    Prophetie wrote: »
    Releasing the most hyped new class on the first day of a Tera burning event and summer patch? I don't know what server you play on but Reboot was literally full without those a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure people want to lose stuff to rollbacks or server crashes in the middle of powerleveling their Adele.
    Plus releasing her on the 10th would allow us to benefit from the Pixel Shop, notably the Mega Burninator Coupon and the tradeable ring which it seems is not their wish (based on new classes not being allowed during burning events).

It'd be a return to the old "2x event and hot time and miracle time in the same period of time" days. Bad times.
  • AlexKarevAlexKarev
    Reactions: 735
    edited June 2020
    My Adele won't be Tera burned, but it's exciting claiming the in game name!
  • AMagicLieAMagicLie
    Reactions: 925
    edited June 2020
    Sarcasm Warning

Yes, let's do that.

Who cares about the difference in content between MSEA and GMS? It's not like there's unique content to MSEA and GMS, such as Gollux and GMS classes not available to to MSEA like Beast Tamer and Jett. Why bother checking if there are issues with having Adele in GMS content, like possibly having skills sending them out of the boundary of GMS-only maps, attacks simply just not hitting Gollux, or possible skill conflicts between Adele and classes not available in MSEA? MSEA and GMS are completely identical in every way.
    Even if they do hunt around for these bugs, it's not like Maplestory GMS is a 10+ year-old game that has had likely numerous different people work on it. Everyone thinks the same, so the there are never any conflicts in programming conventions, so every programmer who looks at the source code should understand immediately. Even though they've already spent several months working on porting it over to GMS, why not just skip to the end in less than a week? They should've done their job properly, or hired more competent people so that Adele would be out on June 10th. The dev team responsible for GMS in South Korea shouldn't spend extra time looking for bugs and fixing them. Even if there are a few bugs, stuff like enabling Zeros to be created in Reboot don't ever happen due to accidental oversight when focusing on implementing other features into GMS.
    Sending the update from Nexon South Korea to Nexon America for them to implement into game should be really easy. It should be simple as sending an email with the Adele class update attached, then adding the new class into the game by just copying and pasting a few files and lines of code. Adding a new class to the game is that clearly that simple. Once, it's implemented into GMS for testing, there will be 100% be no issues. Conflicts due to incompatibility with GMS servers and the development environment used by the South Korean dev team for GMS never ever happens, so they never have to contact the dev team in South Korea, and have them figure out how to fix it and then send it back to Nexon America to check if the fix worked.
    If there are issues that appear in the early release of Adele, the player base will completely understand that they asked for the early release of Adele so they should expect issues to arise. Things like forum posts complaining that Nexon should fix their game won't appear at all.
    With Summer coming causing the usual influx of players returning to GMS around this time, on top of the Covid-19 pandemic resulting in players returning as well, what could go wrong with adding a new class? It's not like a bunch of players who currently play GMS, and players are taking a break, are interested in Adele. Even if the current servers can barely handle the population now, why could go wrong having even more players try to log in? It's not like there's evidence through something like x2 Exp and Drop, and 30% off coins in event shops that that servers can't handle even more players by telling them that the login server in full when they try to log in, immense gameplay lag, or frequent disconnections. How could it totally go from bad to worse? Even if it gets worse, adding a bunch of new servers for more channels is so easy and so cheap. Just ship in a few hundred more hardware components to construct more servers, plug them in, connect to the current server network, and copy and paste the files required to operate the game to allow for more channels in GMS. Ez Pz.
    Why even bother setting a timeline of updates? Nexon doesn't need that extra time to look for issues and fix them. Every thing comes out perfectly with no issues, what-so-ever.

It's not like they give some effort to care about the player base.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited June 2020
    It's not going to kill you to wait a couple extra weeks for Adele.
    AMagicLie wrote: »
    Sarcasm Warning

Yes, let's do that.

Who cares about the difference in content between MSEA and GMS? It's not like there's unique content to MSEA and GMS, such as Gollux and GMS classes not available to to MSEA like Beast Tamer and Jett. Why bother checking if there are issues with having Adele in GMS content, like possibly having skills sending them out of the boundary of GMS-only maps, attacks simply just not hitting Gollux, or possible skill conflicts between Adele and classes not available in MSEA? MSEA and GMS are completely identical in every way.

MapleSEA has Zen instead of Jett, so that's a moot point. MapleSEA also has some content that GMS does not, such as Veracent, a revamped Singapore / Malaysia, and a host of different bloated content that both KMS + GMS do not have. Also, Gollux and Commerci originated from ChinaMS, and still exist in China, Japan, and Taiwan. We're also getting the changes to Gloom, Darknell, and Lucid on the first day, when those were released in Part 3 of the KMS update, so Nexon doesn't always adhere to the exact same schedule as KMS. However with that being said, I do agree with your main point in how they shouldn't just release things willy-nilly and need to think about releasing content (which they admittedly don't always do but I digress).
    JettLuvsU
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited June 2020
    AlexKarev wrote: »
    My Adele won't be Tera burned, but it's exciting claiming the in game name!

you got the name "adele" ? o .o
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited June 2020
    GMS lost the "race" by MSEA and other regions with haveing higher priority and uniqueness when it comes to "new" content and dates
    and now its last one to get "new" things

GMS is most likely going to have HOT summer update both figuratively and literally
    familiar drama continue part 2 (how p2w and broken is going to be this time?)
    kish and furywild totem nerf
    adele class poorly optimised and NGS false flags you
    Tera burning event dc fest
    servers lag
    influx of players in 20ch while dead worlds waste resources (cRoWdInG ItS IsSuE SeRvEr iTs dOiNg fInE PlEaSe lEaVe mY WoRlD i LaG AlOt, ThAnK YoU !)
    and all other ongoing issue that are still pending

now pushing new class in all that madness GOOD LUCK
    either release it now or postpone for the winter but like someone care

ps:
    when DMT or marvel ? i nEeD To fUnD pRePaRe CuBe mY GeAr fOr aDeLe nExOn pLeAsE ?