[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Name Change Question (2011)

BadlackBadlack
Reactions: 300
in General Chat
Hey Guys!
I haven't logged onto MapleStory since 2011, I saw a great YouTube 2 weeks video that inspired me to get back into the game.
I now went and spent almost 1000$ to create a gaming setup just to play lol!
Ok enough backstory...

*QUESTION HERE*
I logged on for the first time today and realized all my characters names became a hashtag and numbers, does anyone know how to get my name back or any alternate options?
Any suggestions are much appreciated, thanks guys!

Comments

• AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    In 2015 there was a name wipe for characters below 200 that hadn't logged in since January 15, 2013.

If you want to rename a character, you need a name change coupon. It's $15 in the cash shop. It's expensive, so if you do decide to purchase one, use it on the character you plan to play the most.
    Badlack
  • BadlackBadlack
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for informing me about that coupon Aaron!
    I looked into it and saw it, but since there was a name wipe shouldn't there be atleast 1 free name change for players who have not reached level 200 yet?
    I feel that's the most fair option...
    Also I have names that are most probably taken by now, such as Badlack and NickSoulGem
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2020
    Badlack wrote: »
    Thanks for informing me about that coupon Aaron!
    I looked into it and saw it, but since there was a name wipe shouldn't there be atleast 1 free name change for players who have not reached level 200 yet?
    I feel that's the most fair option...
    Also I have names that are most probably taken by now, such as Badlack and NickSoulGem

There was indeed a free name change. Five years ago when this originally happened.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    You can try contacting Nexon Customer Support at http://support-maplestory.nexon.net and see if they'll give you a free name change.
  • BadlackBadlack
    edited June 2020
    Nexon replied to me and gave me my name changes.
    Thanks for all your help guys...
    Case closed :D