[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Snowflake Ring Issue

PorterPorter
Reactions: 1,135
edited May 2017 in Bug Reporting
The new permanent ring, Snowflake Ring, is the most expensive of the holiday ones, costing 10,000 NX. The reason why it costs so much more is because it promises to give an additional 20% EXP to the couple equipping the rings when they are hunting monsters in the same map and channel. However, the ring is not working!

My boyfriend and I purchased the ring upon seeing this bonus EXP grant, but when we went to test it out in Dark World Tree, it did not show. We both had Pendants of Spirits and thought that maybe they just did not stack, so we tried removing the pendants to check. There were no Equip Item Bonus EXP or anything else. We even took away our Enjoyable Winters to see if maybe it was considered a Buff Bonus instead and still nothing came up. Afterwards, we removed the rings altogether to check the difference in our EXP accumulation and it was still the same. We asked some friends to check if theirs were working and maybe we just missed something. All in all, the four of us saw no difference with the ring.

If this ring was supposed to grant a bonus and advertised as such, having it not work at all is a complete scam.

P.S. The ring also mentioned that it would "work without distinction of gender." I believe the ring was intended to be a Friendship Ring and not a Crush Ring, though that is not working either. Some friends of mine wanted to get the ring together since they train together often but could not because the ring would not enable their genders to.

Comments

• YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Ring isn't working, I think it's a bug.
  • ArtemisaArtemisa
    Reactions: 835
    edited December 2018
    someone who can solve this error?
  • ArtemisaArtemisa
    Reactions: 835
    edited December 2018
    I also have this ring, and I'm not working =(
  • PorterPorter
    Reactions: 1,135
    edited June 2020
    Artemisa
    Artemisa said:

I also have this ring, and I'm not working =(
    I found another post about this and someone in the comments said their friend received compensation for it. I think we'd have to Log a Ticket about the ring for that but it's better than nothing :(

I'm still upset about the ring every time I come back to the game and see it in my inventory but even if they fix it belatedly, the person I share the ring with has permanently quit MS and we've broken up lol
    Imagine how many more levels I could've gotten prior to that! I might've hit 250 instead of quitting at 240 before they raised level cap to 275 ;-;
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Could we please stop necroing the 2-3 year old threads?

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.